Good Places to Explore?

FunkyLum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, this is my first ever post, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just recently started playing SL again and wanted to explore cool and large sims with my boyfriend but all the old sims I used to visit are gone and I'm struggling to find new places that will be fun. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, especially if they are cartoonish in appearance or video game themed!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FunkyLum said:

Hello, this is my first ever post, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just recently started playing SL again and wanted to explore cool and large sims with my boyfriend but all the old sims I used to visit are gone and I'm struggling to find new places that will be fun. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, especially if they are cartoonish in appearance or video game themed!

Anything by Cica Ghost for fun and cartoonish.  Also, Bryn Oh...http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Immersiva/16/107/24

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FunkyLum said:

"This Mortal Coil" is an amazing build like a Maxfield Parrish painting come to life with DJ music that will only be around for a few more weeks.

It's made by the Spark Team.

July_286.jpg

July_287.jpg

July_282.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Then there is always adventure time! Pull open the map and randomly click. :) Be prepared to be sent back home, land underwater, having to avert your eyes to "omg what IS that???" and the like, and then, every so often "this is my favorite place ev-ah." (And be respectful of ooops landings in homes.  People can and have oops landed in mine and it's fine, if they are nice.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Then there is always adventure time! Pull open the map and randomly click. :) Be prepared to be sent back home, land underwater, having to avert your eyes to "omg what IS that???" and the like, and then, every so often "this is my favorite place ev-ah." (And be respectful of ooops landings in homes.  People can and have oops landed in mine and it's fine, if they are nice.)

This is a great way to explore. A similar one is to Search on some random word and then go to the places that come up in Search.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Less likely to get sent back home that way. :)

You could also try old landmarks.

One of my funniest experiences in SL was teleporting to an old LM for the U. F. O. Sexpereince (probably misspelled). This group tends to change location fairly often and, as the name implies, their build looks like the inside of an alien spaceship with various Adult themed rooms. I fell right out of the sky and landed in someone's front yard. I was dressed, but apparently others hadn't been. I explained to the surprised homeowner that this parcel used to be for an adult venue with a spaceship up in the sky. She said that explained why they kept having naked avatars falling out of the sky.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Then there is always adventure time! Pull open the map and randomly click.

I did that as a noob. I ended up in the backyard of a sweet Japanese couple. We sat together in a giant flower petal and chatted via their translator. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.