I keep deleting my house

shinpachi99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After I rez my house, I go under objects and lock it in place.... but then I accidently click on take, and without thinking I'll press "okay" when the window pops up, and my house disappears.  I've done this so many times when trying to put out furniture, that I've almost given up on having a house. Is there any other way I can lock my house in place so that it doesn't disappear so easily?  thanks.

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Nope -- I've gone this numerous times too.  You just have to force yourself to slow down and not automatically click on those pop-up confirmation boxes.

If you have not yet done so, be sure to store the exact location coordinates of the house so that positioning it after re-rezzing is at least quicker.

• Like 3

I did not know you could still take locked items, that is what I would have suggested lol.  If nothing else, and the house has copy permissions then you could set it to a rezzer so that if it happens again, you can just the rezzer to spawn a new copy in the exact location you had it before.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, shinpachi99 said:

Is there any other way I can lock my house in place so that it doesn't disappear so easily?  thanks.

Yeah, don't keep unlocking it.  I've done that too, but really, it's not that hard to give yourself a dope slap and say, "NO!  You're not supposed to do that."  Practice that line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If the house is all one object, put its coordinates in the description box for it. You could leave the rezzer out and make it invisible too. Lock it and try not to take stuff when the warning box comes up.

My friend would accidentally delete or take her house into inventory so often that she ended up having me buy her house for her so it would be in my name and she couldn't take or delete it. A similar solution is having a Linden Home, but I doubt that's what you want right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I couldn't help smiling reading this thread.

I think we've all been there, accidentally deleting the house. I once changed the texture of my upstairs area with an advertising texture. Talk about gauche.

I just deleted it and carefully adjusted the new house to where the furniture and posters were hanging.

Just slow down when placing the house. It's not going anywhere (unless someone...never mind). Enjoy the digs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.