EEP Setting Issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have done this several times before but  cannot get my sky settings to stick -- let alone water. It seems like it was much easier "before".  So hints appreciated.

This is what my sky keep defaulting to even though I have my homemade skies "installed".  I am back to a day cycle. I can find nowhere to turn OFF day cycle.  

image.thumb.png.962cc5c1aae4089dceb174e555650657.png

Even if I make a new day cycle with all the same EEP throughout the day, and APPLY it to the region it reverts back to the typical Linden day default cycle.

image.thumb.png.97a42db632512ded61cdade432298b68.png

I can't get the sky I want to stick and become the "shared environment'.

Any hints appreciated.  Thanks. 

58 minutes ago, Rider Linden said:

Check to be sure that you have "Use Shared Environment" clicked on the "World > Environment" menu.

Yes, it is. That is my quandary :D .  I have rented sims from this same place several times. I just checked again after a relog and it is still the same mainland sky setting.    I am in Firestorm but have always used that with no issues.

image.thumb.png.60f438aa8e8645b360ab45b42596f632.png

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, it is. That is my quandary :D .  I have rented sims from this same place several times. I just checked again after a relog and it is still the same mainland sky setting.    I am in Firestorm but have always used that with no issues.

image.thumb.png.60f438aa8e8645b360ab45b42596f632.png

It does work differently if you go to World/Environment settings instead of quick preference and choose. At least it does for me.

Edited by Rowan Amore

24 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It does work differently if you go to World/Environment settings instead of quick preference and choose. At least it does for me.

I checked that also :D.   But will do it again .......

I checked again and also checked on Linden viewer but the EEP settings just aren't "viewable".  It can't really be my FS viewer settings as "shared environment" and  personal lighting are working on my mainland sim as expected.  I have never had any trouble with any of that. So it must be something in the region?????  The region where things are wonky  is STRAND.   

All this checking mostly for @Rider Linden  :D.   I am beyond stumped unless the region just isn't working as it should.  I had no problems with terrain textures and such. 

1 hour ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

Might be a silly question...

Have you tried in the Linden viewer?

Might be that you've found a bug with the FS version you're running, so firing up another viewer as a sanity check isn't a bad idea.

Yes I mentioned that above. AND my settings are working as they should on all the other regions I have tested. So it really can't be as FS setting thing.     

I also restarted the region (didn't help). I also put in a ticket to the land holding company in case it is something in THEIR settings. But I have changed EEPs on their land before with no problem. Just not THIS land :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

37 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes I mentioned that above. AND my settings are working as they should on all the other regions I have tested. So it really can't be as FS setting thing.

In that case, I'm confused by this line:

also checked on Linden viewer but the EEP settings just aren't "viewable".

That sounds to me like you didn't get as far as attempting to apply the settings, but instead the UI was different and didn't get far enough in to apply the settings - so clarification is needed.

29 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

In that case, I'm confused by this line:

That sounds to me like you didn't get as far as attempting to apply the settings, but instead the UI was different and didn't get far enough in to apply the settings - so clarification is needed.

I meant that the skies were  STILL the default skies even though the land tab shows an EEP sky "should" be seen (see top post).  

13 hours ago, Aishagain said:

@Chic Aeon: like as not it isn't a bug but one or two oddities are turning up in 6.5.6, so I'd file a report on the FS JIRA, maybe not as a BUG but as a support request, someone's bound to help you sort this out.

I am in 6.5.3.  Not the new release.   I didn't try resetting the skies in using the Linden viewer but I haven't had issues with this in FS before. And it's been a long and busy day. So maybe tomorrow. Also maybe the land owner folks will have some ideas.   

I did try the Linden viewer and it looks like it SHOULD work but when I hit the apply to region button the preview sky reverts to the default mainland sky.  MANY TIMES.  

LATER:   Landlord support has put in a ticket with LL. So may get fixed on their end -- hopefully anyway. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

Reporting the fix on this. In the REGION tab the environment says that parcel owners can override.  I had set things at the region level since there were no parcels.  I had to either take that check out OR put the EEP skies in using the LAND TAB.  

So fixed now.    Supposedly I will not forget that. 

EDIT:  It turns out the instructions given didn't actually fix the issue. After log in using "shared" gave the Linden skies again. BUT I went into the Land Tab and chose (use region settings --- these I had changed also) and it appears to be working now.  This seems a bit convoluted to me but if it is fixed I'll be happy. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.