Stupid questions...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Faithless Babii wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

I'd recommend buying mainland for beginning land owners.

If you want to build and get a larger parcel,
I'd buy mainland
. Then you can also do what you want within LL TOS.
Most estates have covenants. 

Why would you recommen buying mainland over renting a parcel from a reputable landlord?

Why would you recommending renting a parcel from a landlord who could close up shop tomorrow, or just close up shop on your lot, or toss you out for no reason, or get all weird on rules, or do whatever... when you could buy a lot on mainland and do with it anything the ToS allows?

Perspective is key here. Some of us like cults of personality and excel within them, others like the 'cold but preditcable hand' of a set of rules enforced by a bureaucracy of cubicle farmers.

ahh the good old chestnut of mainland over private estates huh ! I always advocate what I know and have experienced to be good...its that simple. Im not seeing private estates through rose coloured specs either..but so many residents who live happily on them just cant all be wrong,can they? As I said before..youre always going to hear of the problems with both mainland and private estates here on the forums..its the nature of the beast..people complain far quicker than compliment...thats life.

Are you saying Private estate landllords are "cubicle farmers"? Thats kinda rich lol.  Take a look around..not all landlords are cookie cutters these days..its a competative market..and we cant afford to sit on our laurals. Wonder what that makes LL with their "premium benefit" of their cubicles er..I mean homes.

"when you could buy a lot on mainland and do with it anything the ToS allows?"

and that for me and others can be the actual problem..people DO with them as they want...neon..malls...fugly builds..all right next door yay not !

Faithless Babii wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Faithless Babii wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

I'd buy mainland

Why would you recommen buying mainland over renting a parcel from a reputable landlord?

Why would you recommending renting a parcel from a landlord who could close up shop tomorrow, or just close up shop on your lot, or toss you out for no reason, or get all weird on rules, or do whatever... when you could buy a lot on mainland and do with it anything the ToS allows?

ahh the good old chestnut of mainland over private estates huh ! I always advocate what I know and have experienced to be good...its that simple. Im not seeing private estates through rose coloured specs either..but so many residents who live happily on them just cant all be wrong,can they? As I said before..youre always going to hear of the problems with both mainland and private estates here on the forums..its the nature of the beast..people complain far quicker than compliment...thats life.

Are you saying Private estate landllords are "cubicle farmers"? Thats kinda rich lol.

All I did was flip the issue. That you take offense shows that what you'd said deserves taking offense to.

But I don't see how you could so easily confuse the distinction between an estate holder and a LL employee and what a cubicle is.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Faithless Babii wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Faithless Babii wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

I'd buy mainland

Are you saying Private estate landllords are "cubicle farmers"? Thats kinda rich lol.

All I did was flip the issue. That you take offense shows that what you'd said deserves taking offense to.

But I don't see how you could so easily confuse the distinction between an estate holder and a LL employee and what a cubicle is.

Uhmm I dont understand your attitude or response..I havent taken offense ? Ive responded to what Ive seen posted..and please be aware..I have owned and rented private estates for four years and am well aware what a *cubicle farmer is*..at least in the circles I move in. Perhaps you mean something entirely different..I have no idea.

Always best not to make assumptions on what someone is or isnt feeling in the forums , grnated that can be difficult when you only have the written word to go on.:smileysurprised:

Okay, I have a question about the Free Linden home.  Once you have gotten it, can you exchange it for a different one of the free linden homes.  When I started playing, I picked one that fit what I was playing and now, it does not and I would like one in a modern region as opposed to the elven-ish one.  Anybody know if we trade??

Kylerra

Esmeralda87 wrote:

Sorry if this does not fit in here but I have a question about the linden homes...

If my premium would run out(I haven't bought premium yet) could I still use my linden home?

Oh, if so do I have to pay for the land or somethin?

You set up a payment plan when you upgrade to premium, where you pay monthly, quarterly or yearly. When your current plan "runs out" the payment is automatically taken for the next period, unless the plan has been cancelled before the renewal date.

In order to cancel & downgrade back to basic, you need to get rid of all of your mainland land & that would include a linden home, because that land is mainland & only premium members can own mainland.

As part of the premium membership deal, you are entitled to a 512sqm tier free land allowance. Which means you can own any 512sqm of mainland without paying a monthly tier fee. You can either buy yourself a 512sqm parcel anywhere of your choice or use it to have a free linden home.

Paying yearly actually works out to be very cheap when you deduct the amounts that you get back in stipends and bonus & the renewal date doesn`t come around very often. The main benefit of Premium membership is better support, but if you never need support assistance and you stick to living on private estates or renting on mainland, you can get by just fine as a basic member :)

• 2 years later...

I can use a free Linden Home as a sandbox to open boxes and try on outfits and things in privacy?

Can I buy additional furniture for the free home? Does doing so increase the monthly cost of my tier? (Not sure I phrased that correctly.)

I don't know what furniture already exists in the free homes, but if they do include stuff, can that stuff be replaced with a higher quality item somehow?

hikejo wrote:

I can use a free Linden Home as a sandbox to open boxes and try on outfits and things in privacy?

YES

Can I buy additional furniture for the free home?

YES

Does doing so increase the monthly cost of my tier? (Not sure I phrased that correctly.)

NO.  (Assuming that you own no other land.)

I don't know what furniture already exists in the free homes,

NONE

but if they do include stuff, can that stuff be replaced with a higher quality item somehow?

YOU CAN FURNISH AS PLEASES YOU.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.