Lines, lines, everywhere a line...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

♫ blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind... ♪

Apologies if General is the wrong forum to ask this question.

Just started using my laptop for Second LIfe. Out of curiosity, I cranked it to Ultra to see my FPS. Settled at around 15-20. Good enough for photography (w/ shadows and all). I noticed some lines in my shot. Depending on what I'm shooting, I could maybe get away with them if I'm shooting wide. However, they more pronounced as I zoom in.

My lap info:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz (2496 MHz)
Memory: 7994 MB
Concurrency: 8
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 64-bit (Build 22000.778)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 4096 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.15.1640
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 516.40

Shot 1 Wide, the lines are not texture on the deck...Shot 2 Medium, they more pronounced. Notice the angle of the lines on the deck. They are not shadows...Shot 3 Close, see Shot 2. These are not shadows on the wall and those are not leggings or web hose on my legs.

Any ideas how to remedy?

PS, reminder, these are shot in Ultra mode, with all default settings as such.

Snapshot1_001.png

Snapshot1_002.png

Snapshot1_003.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Schatzi Timmerman said:

That was the most common version known to have problems (also this thread), which has since been fixed in version 516.59, so you may want to update to that newer version. Rolling back to an earlier version should have the same result, but it's generally much easier to update.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Schatzi Timmerman said:

♫ blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind... ♪

Apologies if General is the wrong forum to ask this question.

Just started using my laptop for Second LIfe. Out of curiosity, I cranked it to Ultra to see my FPS. Settled at around 15-20. Good enough for photography (w/ shadows and all). I noticed some lines in my shot. Depending on what I'm shooting, I could maybe get away with them if I'm shooting wide. However, they more pronounced as I zoom in.

My lap info:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz (2496 MHz)
Memory: 7994 MB
Concurrency: 8
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 64-bit (Build 22000.778)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 4096 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.15.1640

Shot 1 Wide, the lines are not texture on the deck...Shot 2 Medium, they more pronounced. Notice the angle of the lines on the deck. They are not shadows...Shot 3 Close, see Shot 2. These are not shadows on the wall and those are not leggings or web hose on my legs.

Any ideas how to remedy?

PS, reminder, these are shot in Ultra mode, with all default settings as such.

Snapshot1_001.png

Snapshot1_002.png

Snapshot1_003.png

Someone pointed this out in another thread. In your Geforce Experience, instead of installing the "Game Ready Drivers" install the "Studio Drivers" (3 vertical dots next to "Check for Updates". This solved this issue for me. So far I haven't noticed any negative effects with other games I play.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

your laptop spec is not recommend for win 11.

Imho

ps : for gaming

For the record, I don't use my lappy for games.

But hey, thanks for playing. Now run along.

I updated my drivers and still had the problem.

Everyone else, I posted at Firestorm chat and described my problem. Very helpful folk there. Someone there suggested I was pushing my graphics a bit hard but to pull back to 'High'. I did so and it cleaned up. I clicked it to one click before 'Ultra' and the problem was gone as well, and my photo tools still work to how I like to use..

I guess if I use 'Ultra', I'll just need to experiment with my settings.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Schatzi Timmerman said:

This is a known issue with a very specific version of the nvidia drivers and they just pushed out an update specifically to fix this for Second Life and Minecraft.

Really really. update the drivers. If that doesn't fix it. Downgrade the drivers.

It's the drivers. These drivers fix this - > https://www.techpowerup.com/296266/nvidia-geforce-516-59-game-ready-drivers-released

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Schatzi Timmerman said:

For the record, I don't use my lappy for games.

But hey, thanks for playing. Now run along.

Everyone else, I posted at Firestorm chat and described my problem. Very helpful folk there. Someone there suggested I was pushing my graphics a bit hard but to pull back to 'High'. I did so and it cleaned up. I clicked it to one click before 'Ultra' and the problem was gone as well, and my photo tools still work to how I like to use..

I guess if I use 'Ultra', I'll just need to experiment with my settings.

I was about to tell you to back off that setting a bit. Now I don't have to. YAY! 

It's where I keep mine set even if my graphics card can handle full Ultra.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 9:41 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

This is a known issue with a very specific version of the nvidia drivers and they just pushed out an update specifically to fix this for Second Life and Minecraft.

Really really. update the drivers. If that doesn't fix it. Downgrade the drivers.

It's the drivers. These drivers fix this - > https://www.techpowerup.com/296266/nvidia-geforce-516-59-game-ready-drivers-released

Problem solved!!!!

I can run in Ultra now, not I plan to run around the grid in that setting on the laptop, but no more lines (♫ lines, lines, everywhere a...♪  never mind). Funny, I can use my desktop with no problems at Ultra. I know, apples/oranges, but I can do both machines now.

Thank you Coffee.

10 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I was about to tell you to back off that setting a bit. Now I don't have to. YAY! 

It's where I keep mine set even if my graphics card can handle full Ultra.

I was advised by a gentleman at Firestorm chat group to pull back a notch for the time being. It worked but I really wanted the Ultra level for photos. Now I can. I'll experiment a bit and who knows, I may just leave it one notch back for grins sake.

Thank you Silent and everyone else who tossed a serious suggestion.

Edited by Schatzi Timmerman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.