orange smoke

MsLovelyStorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You have discovered the phenomenon of Bake Fail, which is quite normal. When you log on, it takes a few seconds (up to half a minute sometimes), for your avatar appearance files to download fully from the servers.  Until they do, you have a default cloud appearance.  If you're using the Firestorm viewer, the cloud is orange.  Otherwise, in the standard viewer, it's white.  The only time to be concerned is if the cloud persists for more than a minute or so.  If so, you have a slow or wobbly connection, so the files are arriving incomplete or corrupted.  Bake fail may also occur at other times, but the cause and solutions are still the same.

Take a look at Firestorm's own suggestions for dealing with bake fail, at https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail

• Like 1

One time I successfully solved a problem of log-in bake fail by changing my avatar. An easy way to do this is to put on one of the starter avatars from your library.

When (or if) you rez, then you can go back to your favorite appearance.

If you turn into a cloud again, repeat this procedure, but this time, put on your normal appearance one item at a time. If one item turns you cloudy, maybe delete that and get a fresh copy re-delivered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sweetandsassy1988 said:

my avi is an orange mist     how do i fix       sweetandsassy1988

The quickest way is fix the Orange Smoke is to do a Character Test. This is done through the Avatar dropdown menu at the top of your screen in Firestorm.

Avatar > Avatar Health > Reset Default Female Avatar (Character Test).

Doing this will reset your avatar to a default "noob" style. The smoke should quickly clear.   Then you will have to redress your avatar with your preferred body, skin, hair, clothes shoes etc.

To restore from "noob" back to your preferred avatar more quickly, you should have saved your favourite avatar as an Outfit, otherwise you'll have to redress manually.

Another method to clear Orange Smoke is to teleport your avatar to a quiet island sim with as few people and objects in it as possible and wait for a minute.  Best place to stand is on the sim border outer edges or corners, and face outwards into the sea.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.