Jump to content
  • 0

Recently upgraded to premium


charlieb79
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I just recently upgraded my account and I read that if you want to change homes you can. It says to click on about land and then abandon land  at that point I should be able to choose another home. Whenever I click on about land the option to click on abandon land is greyed out and I can't select it. I don't  know what I am doin wrong? Can anybody help me with this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

 

26 minutes ago, charlieb79 said:

Whenever I click on about land the option to click on abandon land is greyed out and I can't select it. I don't  know what I am doin wrong? Can anybody help me with this?

i be logging into SL shortly, I will send you IM and can come and have a look if you want

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, charlieb79 said:

Hello I just recently upgraded my account and I read that if you want to change homes you can. It says to click on about land and then abandon land  at that point I should be able to choose another home. Whenever I click on about land the option to click on abandon land is greyed out and I can't select it. I don't  know what I am doin wrong? Can anybody help me with this?

who is the owner ( shows also in the about land)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Are you in a Linden Home?  I assume that's the context for your question. If you are not already in a Linden Home, then you are either renting somewhere or you own the land that you are on right now. In either case, you don't need to give up that land to get a Linden Home. Stay there and have two homes.

If you own the land, then you ought to be able to sell or abandon it. Since you don't seem to be able to abandon it, I'm guessing you must therefore be renting. If you don't mind continuing to pay rent wherever you are, don't worry about it. Otherwise,  just walk away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I am in a Linden home that I chose after upgrading my account. I didn't particularly like this home and wanted to change it. I read in the knowledge base that I could abandon the home and pick another one up to five times. I haven't been able to abandon it so far. I believe it says owned by Gov. Linden.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

It sounds like you are in one of the older Linden Homes. In Bellisseria (the newer homes), the parcel has your own name on it. That means you can abandon it because you own it.  I thought that was the case in the older homes too, but maybe not.  What region are you in?

Edited by Rolig Loon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Also, in the older Linden Homes, there is not very much "ground" around each home that is part of the Linden Home parcel.  Those homes take up almost the entire parcel.  There is a menu option that will also give the About Land window.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, in the older Linden Homes, there is not very much "ground" around each home that is part of the Linden Home parcel.  Those homes take up almost the entire parcel.  There is a menu option that will also give the About Land window.

Right. So, it looks like there are two possibilities: (1) You are not looking at About Land for your own parcel or (2) You already succeeded in abandoning the parcel and you just didn't know it.  You can test the first possibility by standing in your house and opening About Land from the World menu in your viewer instead of trying to click on the ground. And you can test the second one by trying to register for a new Linden Home anyway. If you still have the old Linden Home, the system won't allow you to get a second one.  

Now, if both tests fail, then we have to think of another possibility .... 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, charlieb79 said:

Rubidium is the name of the region

Yup.  I see you standing there.  It looks like you don't own that house, so just walk away.  Try registering for a new Linden Home, and be sure to look only at the newer ones that say Bellisseria.  BTW, you can always check to see exactly what land you own by just opening your dashboard at secondlife.com and looking at the menu options under Land Manager:

b9ad7dc1be12d5fb1378c54db97538eb.png

Edited by Rolig Loon
Additional information
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...