Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

image.thumb.png.7116aaab46cb8a71124832b7f39d79cb.png

Just when I thought I'd reached a plateau that I'd never get past, my eGFR jumped another 4 points.   Now up 19 points from the low in December of 2021 when I was hospitalized with kidney failure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

image.thumb.png.7116aaab46cb8a71124832b7f39d79cb.png

Just when I thought I'd reached a plateau that I'd never get past, my eGFR jumped another 4 points.   Now up 19 points from the low in December of 2021 when I was hospitalized with kidney failure.

Keep up the good work!!

• Like 2

It took a lot longer than I anticipated but all is set up and working now.  Skills revived and practiced, LOL.  My new big rig with one old and one new monitor.  How shall I celebrate?  Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe login and see how SL looks on the 32" monitor.  Oh, I also cleaned out my freezer this morning, added shelving and kept what I could.  I tossed out things I had bought in 2018!

image.thumb.jpeg.dad19f2fa0c69e5f5eb25aa808981b9d.jpeg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 6

Pet Delight: Found that a bug I was chasing is in my Tokenizer, not my Parser.

Yay!!!

Imagine if all of a sudden "whitespace mattered". That happened to me, oops!

Works: llOwnerSay("i=" + (string)i);

Fails: llOwnerSay("i="+(string)i);

This should be MUCH easier than chasing down expression evaluation issues.

* haz a hapi *

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Delight: Found that a bug I was chasing is in my Tokenizer, not my Parser.

Yay!!!

Imagine if all of a sudden "whitespace mattered". That happened to me, oops!

Works: llOwnerSay("i=" + (string)i);

Fails: llOwnerSay("i="+(string)i);

This should be MUCH easier than chasing down expression evaluation issues.

* haz a hapi *

I did kinda understand that but still need a shortcut that says "If I understood any of that, I am sure I would be very impressed!!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

It took a lot longer than I anticipated but all is set up and working now.  Skills revived and practiced, LOL.  My new big rig with one old and one new monitor.  How shall I celebrate?  Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe login and see how SL looks on the 32" monitor.  Oh, I also cleaned out my freezer this morning, added shelving and kept what I could.  I tossed out things I had bought in 2018!

image.thumb.jpeg.dad19f2fa0c69e5f5eb25aa808981b9d.jpeg

Congrats!

I hope you enjoy SL on a big screen as much as I do...it's beautiful..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went grocery shopping, not a fun task, but a pet delight all the same. It's mostly a pet delight because other than two days of work this week, I have not left my house. I also haven't logged into sl at all, for the same reasons I didn't want to leave my house.

It's something, and I'll take it.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Recorded the 48" Gong, with my new recording / mixing rack setup. Just testing "what's it sound like when recording" for a single 20-second gong strike, and "whale call noises".

IMG_2588.jpeg

Good lord, that must shake the foundations!

• Like 1

Delight of the Day: This will take a moment to unfold properly.

Here goes: I don't normally hang out around many other people who play kids in SL. I don't go to a lot of kid places, and although I support the community and believe everyone has the right to play a kid if they want, a lot of SL kids really are just not my kind of people.

I like being a kid. Not being a grownup in a kid costume, feeling like I'm getting away with some weird joke or something, but, rather, feeling like a kid again and having fun the way I used to as a kid. A lot of SL kids do not strike me as really wanting to play kids, if that makes sense (which to me it doesn't). Never mind those weird playgrounds where everyone stands around like mannequins in thongs.

Most of them seem to have sensed this, and for the most part they all just leave me alone now. 8 years is long enough for people to realize you're just not a big part of their overall culture/scene, I guess. So, I don't meet many fulltime SL kids anymore.

My grownup friend who owns the sim I live on introduced me to a newcomer who has showed up since I've been (mostly) offline, and who plays a kid, and she neither ran away nor openly expressed dislike for me, and I felt no waves of revulsion coursing through me as I stood and chatted with her. She mentioned a certain "newcomer friendly" sim's residents not liking her, and I found that very relatable, actually.

So, in a weird Pheeby kind of way, I mark this day with a white stone. Met another kid, we got along. We might end up being friends, and I would probably be okay with it.

Not a totally crappy day.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 7

Delight of the Day: Being given a gigawad of L$ to help me with a build, because I said I couldn't afford Fundati.

I'll leave the dishes to rot for a week if I have to. I'm gonna be too busy in SL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have some I can add again.

When netflix and chill really means netflix and chill. Sometimes, I just want to watch something and chill. Some people don't get that. In the past, it has lead to some very awkward moments, but then, I'm an awkward person by nature too. It's not just a guy/girl thing either. Even some of my female friends just don't get the desire to generally chill out and watch something, not focusing on anything else going on in life, just shutting my brain off and watching something. I love my friends dearly, but, we aren't always the same in how we think, lmao.  So, anyway, chilling and netflixing, is lots of fun.

Also, days off, even if they are for not the best reason. We had a half day Friday and will have no school on at least Monday, maybe Tuesday too. It's because there's no heat in our building and some damage needs repaired, but I'll take a long weekend. Sometimes I need an extra day or two off, and so do the students. I'm sure it's not all that fun for parents, though. I'm glad we have policies in place that ensure we don't have to make up calamity days later in the year, as has been done in the past.

The puppy I've been sitting has been an absolute terror-joy too. I was only supposed to have the pup for a couple of weeks, but it looks like the little guy will be here for a bit longer. Derp absolutely loves him, the feeling is, as far as I can tell, mutual, lmao. They tear through this house like no one's business and tend to crash about the same time from sheer exhaustion too. Plus Derp is teaching the little guy all kinds of things, like how to ring the bell and making me let him out to go potty when he really doesn't actually have to. He just really likes bells. He's getting a little better about this, not a whole lot, but he's not quite 3 months old yet. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2024 at 12:46 AM, PheebyKatz said:

Delight of the Day: This will take a moment to unfold properly.

Here goes: I don't normally hang out around many other people who play kids in SL. I don't go to a lot of kid places, and although I support the community and believe everyone has the right to play a kid if they want, a lot of SL kids really are just not my kind of people.

I like being a kid. Not being a grownup in a kid costume, feeling like I'm getting away with some weird joke or something, but, rather, feeling like a kid again and having fun the way I used to as a kid. A lot of SL kids do not strike me as really wanting to play kids, if that makes sense (which to me it doesn't). Never mind those weird playgrounds where everyone stands around like mannequins in thongs.

Most of them seem to have sensed this, and for the most part they all just leave me alone now. 8 years is long enough for people to realize you're just not a big part of their overall culture/scene, I guess. So, I don't meet many fulltime SL kids anymore.

My grownup friend who owns the sim I live on introduced me to a newcomer who has showed up since I've been (mostly) offline, and who plays a kid, and she neither ran away nor openly expressed dislike for me, and I felt no waves of revulsion coursing through me as I stood and chatted with her. She mentioned a certain "newcomer friendly" sim's residents not liking her, and I found that very relatable, actually.

So, in a weird Pheeby kind of way, I mark this day with a white stone. Met another kid, we got along. We might end up being friends, and I would probably be okay with it.

Not a totally crappy day.

Update: We are now friends. I am okay with this.

• Like 5

Delight of the Moment: re-discovering the vine brush in GIMP.

I'd totally forgotten it was there, and I have to make vines.

So much better than having to paint each little tiny leaf by hand.

And yeah, I was totally doing that.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1

Pet Delights this long weekend: 

- Mostly coded a generic "Event filter" system for scripting

- Baked a cake (haven't used my mixer in years, usually mix by hand)

- Attended special church services for MLK observance

- Worked on mixing / recording gear 

• Like 3

On our walk today, the pups met a tiny human! There were lots of adults around who seemed pretty confident. Luckily, they did not jump on the boy - I think he was probably between 2 and 3 years old.

Turbo was more friendly, Cinnamon was excited but used restraint (did not jump on him).

Would YOU let 120lb and 80lb huskies meet YOUR almost-toddler? I think the adults got him to tell the pups, "Bye-bye!"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

On our walk today, the pups met a tiny human! There were lots of adults around who seemed pretty confident. Luckily, they did not jump on the boy - I think he was probably between 2 and 3 years old.

Turbo was more friendly, Cinnamon was excited but used restraint (did not jump on him).

Would YOU let 120lb and 80lb huskies meet YOUR almost-toddler? I think the adults got him to tell the pups, "Bye-bye!"

Maybe you don't look like a ferocious lion in RL??  Maybe they look well-behaved?  Maybe those parents are foolhardy..........

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Maybe you don't look like a ferocious lion in RL??  Maybe they look well-behaved?  Maybe those parents are foolhardy..........

They were all holding their phones, I hope some of them took pictures!

• Like 1