Looking for somebody who can do wonders with mesh heads

CherishSweetThings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for somebody who can make a mesh head, any mesh head, look EXACTLY like my system head for the most part.  I have gotten close with the current mesh head I have, using BOM, and I would like to start there, but I will pay somebody who can get me closer, even it means I have to buy a new head.  Prefer somebody who has done this kind of thing before. Look me up inworld: CherishSweetThings (Cherish Karu).  Thanks!

I'll give you some free advice for making for a mesh head look like the RL you. If you really want it to look like your system head, just substitute pictures of your SL system face and head for pictures of your RL face & head.

1. First pick a mesh head that has a nose and lip shape close to your own. Of the mesh heads I've tried, LeLutka Evo/Evo X seems the easiest to shape so it looks natural.

2. Use photos or printouts of pictures of the face and head you want to your mesh head to look like.

3. Keep adjusting your mesh head little by little until it looks like the pictures or your face in a mirror.

Note: Small changes are the safest. Try to stay closer to the central slider numbers as much as possible. Moving the sliders too far to either side for lips, for instance, can mess up your mesh mouth. You can change your eyebrows to some extent with the brow slider, but you'll probably get the best results with a No Brow skin and an applier brow. 

Don't expect to get an exact match. what i did was go with the head that was the most 'me' with my regular shape then take head shots to compare side by side so i could adjust here and there to my liking. because of the difference in quality between system and mesh a close match is the best you'll get 

• Like 1

The OP is asking to match her current SYSTEM HEAD -- not her RL look.

@CherishSweetThings - I recommend posting in the Employment section.  You need someone that is VERY good with Shapes and they also need to be good at knowing which Skin will work best with the shape to give you the look you want.  I don't know if you'll ever get an EXACT match, but someone really good with shapes and skins should be able to get you really close.  I've also no clue what it might cost, so you might just have to see what someone wants to do the job and decide whether or not their price is acceptable to you.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

When I was doing what the OP wants to do a few years ago, I had a lot of help from a generous stranger who wouldn't accept payment. She suggested a head and gave me a shape she had made, so I had a big leg up when I started.

What I did was:

1. Copy all of the body, not head, slider values from my own body shape to a copy of the shape she gave me;
  2. Wore the mesh head and the new shape;
  3. "Sat" on a posing stand;
  4. Had an alt that was wearing my system shape and a darker skin "sit" on an identical posing stand beside the one I was on, often moving her posing stand to exactly the same coordinates to mine, so that the avatars were superimposed;
  5. Spent a full day tweaking head sliders.

I got remarkably close to the result I sought.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Don't buy a head nobody makes things for. A pretty good match with good skin and cosmetics support is better than an excellent match that hasn't had a skin designed for it since 2019. 

Truth! I got one of those "inexpensive" Mayreal heads for my alt. It looked fine but if it wasn't BOM, it wasn't for Mayreal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, CherishSweetThings said:

Thank you everyone! I finally got close to my look enough to be really happy with it! I think there is still some variation but I actually like how I look now better! Here is before and after photos!

I would appreciate your sharing how you did it in some detail.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, CherishSweetThings said:

I am looking for somebody who can make a mesh head, any mesh head, look EXACTLY like my system head for the most part.  I have gotten close with the current mesh head I have, using BOM, and I would like to start there, but I will pay somebody who can get me closer, even it means I have to buy a new head.  Prefer somebody who has done this kind of thing before. Look me up inworld: CherishSweetThings (Cherish Karu).  Thanks!

I do not understand why you just do not use your system head.. You do not "have" to use mesh body parts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.