make a package of all my furnitures?

Nafoute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. I would like to create a package of my furnitures that are in my linden home.

For example right now, I have a Granview (log home) I wanna try an other type of house. But if I decide to go back to a log home some day (because I am changing my mind very often) I would like to take the said "package" and just derez it so my furnitures  are in the right place.

I don't know if that is clear, I am sorry and English is not my native language too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nafoute said:

Hello everyone. I would like to create a package of my furnitures that are in my linden home.

For example right now, I have a Granview (log home) I wanna try an other type of house. But if I decide to go back to a log home some day (because I am changing my mind very often) I would like to take the said "package" and just derez it so my furnitures  are in the right place.

I don't know if that is clear, I am sorry and English is not my native language too

I often do that but recommend picking items up in blocks or clumps, like:  exterior front, exterior back, living room, bedroom, kitchen, etc.  I pick up no-copy items first so I don't lose them as I pick up groups of other items.  I make a folder like "Moving from Log Home" so I can find the clumps of items later.  Then, next time you roll a Log Home, open the Edit tool from your Build menu first and carefully rezz and place the clumps, one at a time.  Almost always, they need to be rotated at minimum.  I try to focus on one small item in each clump, like a welcome sign, while the whole clump is in edit; if I place that well, the other items will be close to where I want them.  Good luck!

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

To manage item placement in SL it really helps to take a few basic building classes at places like Builders Brewery and others. (I don't know currently but New Citizens, Welcome Island, Happy Hippo and other places may still offer basic classes too.)

Select one item you would like to be in the clump, right-click it to choose "Edit" from the lower right of the little menu that opens.  Then hold down the "Ctrl" key (on a Windows machine) and click on each item you would like to add to the clump.  While the clump is all still selected, right-click and choose "More/Take a Copy" (to have a backup) or just "Take" and the whole clump will be picked up.  I usually choose some big item with a name that I can identify the whole clump from (like couch or dining table) as the clump will have the name of the last item chosen; this will help later when you are wondering what these clumps contain, LOL.  Sorry this is so dreadfully simple but it is best to practice a few times with items in a sandbox first.  Instructions can vary by what viewer you use and what operating system your computer uses.

1666238603_Moving1.thumb.JPG.993aa9484c01948ed4c36e84360a2839.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

To manage item placement in SL it really helps to take a few basic building classes at places like Builders Brewery and others. (I don't know currently but New Citizens, Welcome Island, Happy Hippo and other places may still offer basic classes too.)

Select one item you would like to be in the clump, right-click it to choose "Edit" from the lower right of the little menu that opens.  Then hold down the "Ctrl" key (on a Windows machine) and click on each item you would like to add to the clump.  While the clump is all still selected, right-click and choose "More/Take a Copy" (to have a backup) or just "Take" and the whole clump will be picked up.  I usually choose some big item with a name that I can identify the whole clump from (like couch or dining table) as the clump will have the name of the last item chosen; this will help later when you are wondering what these clumps contain, LOL.  Sorry this is so dreadfully simple but it is best to practice a few times with items in a sandbox first.  Instructions can vary by what viewer you use and what operating system your computer uses.

1666238603_Moving1.thumb.JPG.993aa9484c01948ed4c36e84360a2839.JPG

thank you! it makes sense, I have already taken a few classes at Buliders Brewery :) Going to create my blocks :)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nafoute said:

thank you! it makes sense, I have already taken a few classes at Buliders Brewery :) Going to create my blocks :)

I would just add not to forget to unblock stuff, and I take no copy items back to inventory first.

I moved my stilt decoration from one region to another this weekend, 3 major clumps (and forgot to unblock a floor :)  in the smallest clump), and it went well. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Love the Lilly pond. Where is it from?

BH&G on the marketplace:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BHG-Bradbury-Brookhaven-Pond-Linden-Home-Add-On/23381235  In my experimental attempts to learn to love a Newbrooke 512, I saw this on the MP and thought the little pond would fit in the available space in front of my Denver.  I found a really sweet 512 lot in Phylliston so will stay at least until there are some good 1024 Newbrooke lots available.

Hayabusa_002.thumb.jpg.27dfc836d0d64c6d68d281f29b895954.jpg

Hayabusa_001.thumb.jpg.27cc45af447f0809e6d74a27cc58d13a.jpg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 4

When I've taken up furniture etc in a clump like this, I usually rez a prim at a central location on even coordinates for x and y - e.g. 23.00, 82.00, 23.42 (z=height) and ideally at 0,0,0 rotation. (These are on the Object tab of the Build / Edit menu.)

I name that prim with those coordinates - e.g. Doyle Bedroom 1 - 23.82, 23.42, rotation 0,0,0.

I make that prim the last one i select before taking up the cluster. Now I have an easy way to see from my inventory where the cluster needs to be placed. 

When I'm done, I simply delete the guide prim.

• Like 10

Another suggestion I can offer (and something I use a lot) is this handly little gadget: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Magic-Rezzer-formerly-Optimus-Multirezzer/4908598

I can put that out and make all kinds of builds that I can rez up and down at will. Another forum member recommended it to me back when, and it has been a game changer for me in so many ways.

• Like 7

I got a bit lost on this thread but to the OP, I made a tutorial on this when I was making a backup of my Linden Home. It is here:

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/05/home-and-garden-backups.html

I suggest everyone does this NOT just when they are moving LOL.  I can't tell you how many times I retrieved "lost" items from one of these backup files. Apparently the database doesn't recognize the piece within the coalesced object.   

Hope that helps some.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I like Emma's suggestion a lot; the only thing in my experience is that I don't think I have ever moved into a new Bellisseria home that was at the same rotation as the one I moved out of.  And I tried the rezzer suggestion that Mercedes makes, back when I was in total love with houseboats; what drove me mad there was having to drop the script into every object first, I always managed for forget one or two items!  Off to read Chic's blog post now; very interesting alternate method.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I like Emma's suggestion a lot; the only thing in my experience is that I don't think I have ever moved into a new Bellisseria home that was at the same rotation as the one I moved out of.  And I tried the rezzer suggestion that Mercedes makes, back when I was in total love with houseboats; what drove me mad there was having to drop the script into every object first, I always managed for forget one or two items!  Off to read Chic's blog post now; very interesting alternate method.

Good point! My method is more suitable for "changed my mind about the new furniture and want my old stuff back".

Abuot rezzers: Now I may be an old hand at that sort of stuff but have to admit that it was only fairly recently I found that (at least with Builders Buddy rezzers), it's quite easy to check for items that have not had their script inserted yet.

Do the whole set-up as per instructions, record the position - do not take into inventory just yet though. Now for the magic - set the rezzer to a higher position (I would raise by a whole number - well clear of the house etc), and see what is left on the ground. Add the scripts to those items, then set the rezzer back to its original position. Click record again, and rinse and repeat until everything is lifted. Now you can take it all into your inventory and add to the rezzer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/22/2022 at 5:04 AM, Nafoute said:

I do that all the time. When I decorate a home, I use only copy/mod furniture and decorations. Then I stick them in a rezzer so that I can re-rez them quickly if I ever move homes. I have my own script I have written, but there are a few free ones on the mareketplace

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.