The link to my Linden home is broken?

neecy1975

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a new user, this is the second time I have logged on, I picked a home the previous visit.  It still shows I own this home but when I click go to home I get a broken link message.

Not sure if this is common or something that there is a work around for.

Thank you,

Neecy

1 hour ago, neecy1975 said:

I am a new user, this is the second time I have logged on, I picked a home the previous visit.  It still shows I own this home but when I click go to home I get a broken link message.

Not sure if this is common or something that there is a work around for.

Thank you,

Neecy

Make sure you set HOME at your new home.

• Like 2

One potential issue would be if your system isn't set up to open slurls in a Second Life viewer. If that's the case, right click on the link after "Slurl" and copy the link. Then open your Second Life viewer and paste it in the location bar. This is the bit that says where you are currently at the top of the viewer. First click it to select it, delete what's there, and paste your slurl (you can press ctrl and v at the same time to paste). Then hit return to teleport there.

If that doesn't work, knowing your region name and avatar name would be enough for someone to help you find it.

• Like 3

Another new user just reported this problem. They seemed quite upset that they could not go to their new premium home.They reported it as a problem with Safari, indicating a problem with Apple systems.

When you're in the viewer and try to go to your Linden home, the viewer opens a browser window, which then offers you a link which is supposed to send your viewer to the desired location. So there's a handoff from the viewer to a browser and back to the viewer again. Lots of opportunities for something to go wrong there.

Neecy1975, are you using an Apple computer?

Useful hint for new users: when you really need help in Second Life, you can go to "Firestorm Social Island". That's a place which has experienced volunteer helpers for new users.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.