How to verify the tier date of a region for sale by a resident?

mjyothis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, kevin Jerrold said:

Visit www.secondlife.com and look on the left side of your screen. Click on Account and it will drop down menu. Then click account summary. All the info including the date of your next bill will be displayed.

They are asking about verifying the billing date of a region that someone else currently owns but that they are thinking of buying.  The current billing 'day of month' stays with the region when it is transferred to someone else.

To OP:  I don't know much about buying regions from other Residents, but I suppose you could always try a Support ticket.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They are asking about verifying the billing date of a region that someone else currently owns but that they are thinking of buying. 

That's right.

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To OP:  I don't know much about buying regions from other Residents, but I suppose you could always try a Support ticket.

You are right, received an email of the support ticket of that region transfer I got into trouble with, they told they could always verify if we ask. I thought they would never share more details about a region! I had been waiting for a response since 3 days after I realized it went wrong, its then I became impatient and posted here. Thank you for replying.

I was just stupid to trust someone thinking they own a rental business and would care about their account and above all they would be knowing what they are doing. I opted to talk to the seller rather than report for fraud when I was given the option by LL, as I wasnt sure if its a typo or intentional. Anyways, I got the money back which I paid thinking it has tier worth 23 days left even if not after such a good experience  https://gyazo.com/2d605f6b54c86c5da7a12c52bdc9c0dd. Its better to pay more to LL than buying from others if its just empty land. You have to clear all their settings and ridiculously long ban lists , wait for transfer to happen and get worried whether they would backoff etc; and then comes this! I wish I didnt try to make the transfer faster just to know what he would have done if transfer happened after the tier was charged to him instead of me!

On 3/7/2022 at 6:13 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

They are asking about verifying the billing date of a region that someone else currently owns but that they are thinking of buying.  The current billing 'day of month' stays with the region when it is transferred to someone else.

If you look at the Estate Information, you can see the date on which the region was incepted.  So, say it started on June 10th 2019, the billing date for the region will be the 10th of each month going forward. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

If you look at the Estate Information, you can see the date on which the region was incepted.

Can you please let me know where exactly it is or share a screenshot? I wasn't exactly sure where you meant so I checked it in World > Region Details which shows Region/Estate details, but couldn't find any such information.

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

In the about land tab...date claimed...

Sorry,  it doesn't mean anything related to a region unfortunately and its not really reliable. In private regions, the parcels often comes with a default claimed date - Wed June 30 2004, even if you buy the region directly from LL today. In the case of mainland it only means since when the 'Owner' mentioned is the owner of that parcel, nothing about the tier date.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.