Land Flippers Hate or Love?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:57 AM, Qie Niangao said:

I hope so. But as I whined about in another thread, the complexity here is that I live in Canada but use US dollars for practically everything except basic living expenses for which I eat currency exchange fees converting to Canadian dollars.

I am also Canadian (Whoot & ^5).  I have been told we will pay NO state tax on anything.  I believe the person who told me so 😉

Something also noteworthy... I have used L$ to pay for Annual Membership fees and also toward tier by going to Dashboard >Linden Exchange>Manage>Sell  on or close to the date that LL will be billing me.  LL will first debit your US$ tilia Account Balance and then charge the balance (if any) to your payment info on file ♥ 

You can confirm this by asking in Live Chat but I think its also in the Knowledge base somewhere. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I am also Canadian (Whoot & ^5).  I have been told we will pay NO state tax on anything

for today at least

am pretty sure that payable local taxes will be coming for every resident everywhere in the world. The hint for this is that Linden Tilia have partnered with a global tax info provider

• Like 6

On 3/8/2022 at 3:50 PM, Sid Nagy said:

Rich people became rich because they take money very very seriously.

I recently watched some Philip Rosedale podcasts, lectures on YT and sadly and inevitably... most of the currency of any kind ALWAYS end up in the hands of a few.  The only way I can think to break this pattern is make time the new currency.  So far in both worlds... no one can hoard time very well and we are all on a totally equal and level playing field.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

for today at least

am pretty sure that payable local taxes will be coming for every resident everywhere in the world. The hint for this is that Linden Tilia have partnered with a global tax info provider

I do already pay a form of tax on any money I earn in SL.  It is Income Tax.  However if I don't make a profit I don't get taxed.  So far I'm doing great at the latter.... but that is my personal choice.  I could make a profit and an income from SL if I wasn't so damn lazy! 😉

Edited by BJoyful
sp ffs form = from
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2022 at 11:30 PM, Mollymews said:

this tho brings our under-tiered group to the attention of Land Linden. A thing is that the group land reclamation process is not automated. It is a manual process. Therefore, don't reclaim these groups' parcels unless signed off by Boss Linden

You are spot ON in my experience. 

No auto-disburse when a group is short of tier - picking which portion to dump could be fraught with complication if a Linden could step in and decide....lets just shave the 1800 m2 off here....along the road.  Oh dear no!   They give a deadline to get the tier, or they will commence to take action.  I'd guess said action would happen near the Owner(s) Tier Due date(s).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I could make a profit and an income form SL if I wasn't so damn lazy! 😉

my reason is that I don't want to put the time into it. While I can stay logged into SL for hours sometimes, I am most often just listening to my moap music player AFK. Doing something else in another window on my computer, time in which I can make more money per hour than I ever could do making SL content

i pretty much only make scripts these days and only as a pastime. And even then what example scripts and code snippets I do contribute to the commonweal are pretty much so generic that they can be applied to a wide variety of content. Or sometimes on the other hand cater for a pretty obscure use case, which hardly anyone, including no one, would ever have a use for

and if anyone can apply what little I do contribute in my own way to a product of their own, and make some L$ for themselves then is all good

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Do many (any) of them accept a tier donation in lieu of L$ (there's not enough of those if its possible!)

Not that I know of.
You pay your rent in L$ and some offer the possibility to pay with Paypal or CC.
Premium membership is not a thing to own a private land parcel. Just like with renting on mainland from a landlord.

• Thanks 1

In response to OP…

we owned/funded a paradise that was 3.75 Regions of tier, made of 90% Abandoned Land, reaching into 15 contiguous Regions  It was the most beautiful place I ever saw in SL (8 am biased).  I got ill and lost my eyesight for a period long enough that I couldn’t see well enough to operate the community.  No one would buy it.  I gave it to a Land Cutter/ Flipper in hopes it would show other Land Flippers “Hey… I’m making enough to pay tier.”  But things went awry and the less valuable tracts were Abandoned.

The prime portion of that paradise is thriving/not dead, incredibly beautiful and about 2 full Regions of formerly Abandoned Land is WOW.  So YAY for you feisty darlings who have kept paradise a paradise.  You warm my heart @Ceakay Ballyhoo @Owl Dragonash @bijouxbarr @Catori Mistwalker Ohno I forgot thank @kitten Mills who was the Designer, Landscape Architect and some others I either can’t recall or who saved a chunk from becoming a parking lot and purchased part of the land cut and dump…

I LOVE SL ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by BJoyful
SP, autocorrect and I forgot to mention Kitty!! 🙀
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.