Lumiya for ios?

Zopper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have a recent Intel based Mac, and don't mind partitioning and using Boot Camp as your bootloader, you can install something like Android-x86 or BlissOS. These are native, PC based ports of Android. Then you can install Lumiya onto that. Just mentioning it, I don't personally recommend it but it works. Draw distance is too short, and  changing outfits is a PITA. Fun for tinkering but that's all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2023 at 1:30 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

it's not happening for any device, the viewer is out dated and not in production.

I think its interesting. Idk if you meant that for Speedlight or Lumiya, but Lumiya's owner just vanished. we had bento and BoM added to the viewer but after that she just poofed. The app vanished from the app store and when you use an APK the Bento joints nor the Bento AO's work and the BoM isn't working anymore. I wish this didn't happen, I know it was not much but it was something and having the 3D View was great. Just having it until Second Life Mobile actually release's would be wonderful. The APK is still available. its just like all the other Chat Platform apps now unless you use a Classic AO and Classic avatar.

Edited by LorianLuvgood
Misspelling of a word
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:59 AM, JeromFranzic said:

If you have a recent Intel based Mac, and don't mind partitioning and using Boot Camp as your bootloader, you can install something like Android-x86 or BlissOS. These are native, PC based ports of Android. Then you can install Lumiya onto that. Just mentioning it, I don't personally recommend it but it works. Draw distance is too short, and  changing outfits is a PITA. Fun for tinkering but that's all.

Everything was alot easier back when things were being updated. But like I stated above everything went to hell after she vanished. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 4:09 PM, LorianLuvgood said:

I think its interesting. Idk if you meant that for Speedlight or Lumiya, but Lumiya's owner just vanished . we had bento and BoM added to the viewer but after that she just poofed. The app vanished from the app store and when you use an APK the Bento joints nor the Bento AO's work and the BoM isn't working anymore. I wish this didn't happen, I know it was not much but it was something and having the 3D View was great. Just having it until Second Life Mobile actually release's would be wonderful. The APK is still available. its just like all the other Chat Platform apps now unless you use a Classic AO and Classic avatar.

but downloading that apk without paying for it is stealing it.  

• Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 1:30 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

it's not happening for any device, the viewer is out dated and not in production.

Interesting to me, is that even with this we have Forumites who regularly, predictably, say, "but Lumiya can do it" (meaning that Lumiya is some "standard" by which to judge) whenever newer / other mobile viewers are discussed.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting to me, is that even with this we have Forumites who regularly, predictably, say, "but Lumiya can do it" (meaning that Lumiya is some "standard" by which to judge) whenever newer / other mobile viewers are discussed.

To be fair, Lumiya was one of (if not the) first mobile viewer to give a full 3D view of the world, and it worked well despite the flaws.

We don't really have a better standard to compare to. Other mobile clients are still catching up.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 4:09 PM, LorianLuvgood said:

I think its interesting. Idk if you meant that for Speedlight or Lumiya, but Lumiya's owner just vanished. we had bento and BoM added to the viewer but after that she just poofed. The app vanished from the app store and when you use an APK the Bento joints nor the Bento AO's work and the BoM isn't working anymore. I wish this didn't happen, I know it was not much but it was something and having the 3D View was great. Just having it until Second Life Mobile actually release's would be wonderful. The APK is still available. its just like all the other Chat Platform apps now unless you use a Classic AO and Classic avatar.

Bento was added but not BoM. Bento and animations in general stopped working in S/L because of the Lab switching Inventory assets over to HTTP from UDP so  when Lumiya requests the animation from the servers, it receives it through HTTP which it wasn't updated to receive on. In Opensim for example where they use both HTTP and UDP, animations still work fine.

If one sets up their avatar with a pre BoM head and body or turns the BOM off like one can do with quite a few, the avatar appears fine minus custom animations.

On 3/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, LorianLuvgood said:

Everything was alot easier back when things were being updated. But like I stated above everything went to hell after she vanished. 

That was on the Lab, not the viewer itself. Some of us asked them to hold off on the protocol switch or at least allow both like Opensimulator did, until they had come up with a comparable Mobile viewer, but obviously the answer was no. At least Lumiya users were fortunate in that with the Lab's usual procrastination, it is taking a lot longer to be totally broken then their initial planned obsolescence.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.