The Dammastock new road

arabellajones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not sure this is the place to even mention this, but back in Mid-December there was a bug-report/feature-request running on completing Route 8 through the Dammastock region. It was one of those awkward gaps in the road network for Satori, with teleport links for avatar use in the guise of tunnel entrances. There was at that time a strip of road-like protected land, while most of the rest of the region was Linden-controlled Abandoned Land. The bug-report/feature-request was "accepted", and no news since.

I can confirm that the road connection has been completed. The two rez zones in the adjacent regions are still there, but the fake-tunnet teleporters have gone       . There are a lot of changes visible on the map, apparently part of the very large City of Angels project (which includes airports).

This gives Satori continent a quite large road loop, but I wasn't able to find any announcement that the work had been done. You may have seen a mention of the change in one of the in-world groups that arranges collective drives, but it all feels like the all-too-common hbit of the Lindens doing something and forgetting to tell anyone. Sorry, I get grumpy about that.

Anyway, now you know.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

They did make a mess of Satori, selling land they had planned for road building, resulting in a patchy network of bits of road linked by teleporting tunnels. It is good they have filled in this gap now.

I wonder if they are now considering making the link between route 8A and the wagon road, Maintenance have held a road sized strip of land between the two roads since 2013 I think and still have not put the road in. It looks like 3 years ago a local land owner took matters in to their own hands and somehow managed to make a start on making the junction at the 8A end. 

1443995504_Route8AKurkenbrai_001.jpg.3aa4ec8dab1f440cf12a8d65feff0e24.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 6

I did a little more exploring, and there is an undocumented road along the south edge of Osiliers that links Routes 8A and 8C. It could be continued westward to the coast.It looks like it has been around for a long time, but there have been changes. The southern end of this section of Route 8C involves those non-existent bridges across the lake to connect to Route 8. Some people have a strange idea of fun.

5 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

The broken bridge on route 8 in Fenric...

That old Mole joke may have become stale. At one time, nobody really wanted to go to the south end of Satori, but there's more beyond the bridge now. There's a rail terminus under construction at the south end of Satori, with a rez zone so you can rez a boat and go to Bellessaria. Things are getting connected.

Incidentally, don't teleport to Fenric region by name. The default landing point for the region has an aggressive security orb. Not only is it only 10 seconds, you can't fly and you're in a walled courtyard. Then "You have been banned indefinitely".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just made a reply in another thread that relates to this topic. The Jira requesting the Route 8 link road in Osiliers was requested early-ish last year, and went in not long after - its been there for at least 6 months now by my reckoning.

The adding of road in Dammastock was a Jira I requested - that was approved by LL in less than a month, with one of the Lindens replying in the Jira that they were going to do it "soon". Well soon only turned out to be 2 days - they were very fast :)

• Like 4

On 1/15/2022 at 6:04 AM, Aethelwine said:

They did make a mess of Satori, selling land they had planned for road building, resulting in a patchy network of bits of road linked by teleporting tunnels. It is good they have filled in this gap now.

I wonder if they are now considering making the link between route 8A and the wagon road, Maintenance have held a road sized strip of land between the two roads since 2013 I think and still have not put the road in. It looks like 3 years ago a local land owner took matters in to their own hands and somehow managed to make a start on making the junction at the 8A end. 

1443995504_Route8AKurkenbrai_001.jpg.3aa4ec8dab1f440cf12a8d65feff0e24.jpg

The billboards the Moles put in, in lieu of just building roads through when they could have, is one of the oddest things I ever saw them do, and I still don't get the rationale for it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.