Maitreya Body but Feet are in Front of Shoes?

Ivory Pegasi

I have the new version 5.3 Maitreya Lara mesh body but every time I go to wear new shoes that say they are for Maitreya feet, the angle is correct but they are above and in front of the shoes! It looks terrible and I can't figure out how to wear the shoes properly. Someone please help? I already have them set to size 25 in my shape and I would rather just use the Maitreya body feet and not use Slink on top of them.

Hands/Feet
On this HUD page you can find the nail polishes for your fingernails and toenails.

Nailpolishes
There are 5 shapes for fingernails to choose from. Or you can choose the no nails option, in case you want to wear mesh nails made for the Lara body by other creators (or if you are wearing system gloves in BoM mode).

Ankle lock
The ankle lock can be toggled if an animation ‘breaks' your ankles and make the feet look weird.

Feet
The feet were made resize-able in version 5.2. Setting the foot size slider to 25 ensures the feet will be the same size as they were before. That way all older footwear will fit exactly as it did.

Feet shape
There are two new feet shapes added to the flat, mid and high feet: low and ballet. By pressing the main icon of the foot shape of your choice, both feet will get the chosen shape. By clicking the R or L side, you are able to have a different foot shape for each foot (which can sometimes be nice for photography). There is a new kit at the store for creators of footwear. This Feet Auto-Select script can be placed in the content of your shoes, to auto select the appropriate foot shape when the shoes get attached.

Bento hands
At the bottom of this page you find the animations for your bento hands. The small hand icons for left (L) and right (R) side will set that hand in that pose. This is in particular interesting for photography. The ‘cycle natural hand poses’ can be toggled on for a constant, but slow movement of your bento hands. The movements of this bento hands AO will be added to your regular AO.

https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/hands.html

• Like 1

So I don't need to have the size at 25? It was at 22. I am just so confused. Do I need to use the Maitreya version 5.2 of the body instead of version 5.3 so that the shoes will fit right? I am choosing the right foot shape for the shoe, the angle is correct but my feet are positioned above and slightly in front of the shoes. The foot shape is already correct but it still looks terrible.

11 minutes ago, Ivory Pegasi said:

Do I need to use the Maitreya version 5.2 of the body instead of version 5.3 so that the shoes will fit right?

Do keep with the 5.3 body and have your feet set to 25. if you are absolutely certain you are using the most appropriate foot shape and the Maitreya rig go in to your body Hud and alpha out the foot not the ankle part unless necessary. sometimes and creators usually do warn of this boots and closed foot shoes do require the foot to be alpha'd 

Other possibilities:

1) The shoes are unrigged - i.e. they're made to fit a Maitreya foot but are made to simply fit over the foot rather than being made to follow the bone motion. Depending on the shoe this may not be a problem but you'll need to edit them into their exact place, either by using the "edit" command or by wearing/adjusting your shoe base. If you can move the shoe at all using "edit" that means they're unrigged.

2) The shoe maker may have accidentally mislabeled shoes made for another brand of foot as being made for Maitreya. If there are other sizes in your package try them on. If none of the shoes fit contact the maker.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/31/2021 at 5:09 PM, Mollymews said:

with Maitreya 5.3 the high shoes setting is this one (red arrow) on the Hands/Feet tab

feethud.jpg.bdfe1404e35bd46e450272cb7e38cc31.jpg

if this doesn't solve your issue can you post a pic please of the shoes on your feet and we might be able to help further 

my feet stick straight out and the foot shapes dont work.  no matter if i click on t hem  i have been on this avatar for almost a week.  To the point where Im thnking of getting a different body.  Its not just the feet, my clothes dont work either.  The hud sometimes works for alphas only.  Other than that its a lot of money spent on nothing.  I have both lara and lara x

5 minutes ago, CaliRachel said:

my feet stick straight out and the foot shapes dont work.  no matter if i click on t hem  i have been on this avatar for almost a week.  To the point where Im thnking of getting a different body.  Its not just the feet, my clothes dont work either.  The hud sometimes works for alphas only.  Other than that its a lot of money spent on nothing.  I have both lara and lara x

Are you using the body in the correct mode?  Are you using the applier skins in the Maitreya hud or a BOM skin layer?  There are a lot of things you may be doing incorrectly that may be causing you problems.  Can you show a picture of your avatar with the feet and clothing issues?  

• Like 1