Winter Swaginator HUD Problem Not Working

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else having problems with the Swag HUD updating the 2nd location? 

The swag hud recorded the first location. I went to 2nd location received the gift but the hud did not update. I tried taking the hud off and putting back on and clicking the 2nd location swag and it says I already received it? I tried logging off, resetting computer?? I see others at the 2nd locations clicking the swag and teleporting away? 

I had the same thing happen last halloween. I was with a new person we got to the 2nd location received gift but hud stopped working for both of us? 

I put a ticket in just incase. 

swag problem.jpg

Thanks for helping, Yah I clicked the taxi and takes me to the 2nd location (campwich). I tried using my blank avatar with no huds complexity 0 and only the swag hud with no change. I also went back and had the hud redelivered with no change.

Anyway I can get a hint for the 3rd location maybe that will somehow fix? lol No biggie I just really like to get the other 2 bears :)

43 minutes ago, Efotech said:

I can't even get to the second location. I keep getting an error message when I try to use the taxi to get to it. I know it is at Campwich Forest, but the teleporter is not working. 

According to the in world map, that region is offline (along with quite a few others). 

On 12/4/2021 at 1:19 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Just sent you a message with the SLURLS for the 3rd and 4th gifts. I don't recall the hints but the Swaginators are pretty obvious. lol

Edit: solved, I logged in my alt and I got the LMs through her ;) 

Sylvia, can you share them via DM please? My hud got stuck in location 2 as well. ¡Gracias!

Edited by Elena Core

3 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Edit: solved, I logged in my alt and I got the LMs through her ;) 

Sylvia, can you share them via DM please? My hud got stuck in location 2 as well. ¡Gracias!

Oops! I'm sorry, Elena, I don't check the forums often and didn't see this. I'm glad you got it solved! 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 10:08 PM, Evangeline Ling said:

my hud is failing to give me the 4th clue

I'm sorry for the late reply. The ticket I submitted was forwarded to the LDPW. 

Here's the hints for the 3rd and 4th locations, just incase:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Treeowatoor/152/13/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Randelsham Forest/62/39/123

• Like 1

• Moles
On 12/7/2021 at 4:08 AM, Evangeline Ling said:

Uggg so I hit the first 3 areas but my hud is failing to give me the 4th clue... guess I'm stuck

The basic scripts we use for the Swaginator and HUD are the same as they've always been, and both the HUD and Swaginators went through the normal QA process, on top of my routine pre-release checks, just as they always do.    I tested the system again when first I saw this thread, and collected 4 bears, as expected, and I've just been round again, on one of my resident alts, and he's pick up a full set of bears too.

So I feel pretty confident in saying it's not the HUD or the Swaginator causing the problems (and, if it were, I think we'd have seen more posts about it than we have).    Have you tried  collecting a new HUD from Meauxle Bureaux and seeing if that works for you?   When you add it, it should update to reflect your progress so far.

• Like 2

• Moles
6 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Someone helped me get to the final region so all worked out but yeah the HUD was stuck on stop #3

Glad it worked out.    What happened exactly?   You touched the Swaginator for the third prize and received it.   Did the HUD update, if only partially, to show that you'd collected a third prize or was it simply stuck on the third clue and indicators for two collected prizes?   And did you actually receive a third prize?

I'm trying to think what might have caused it, so I can fix it for next time we use the Swaginator -- there's clearly something that causes the HUD to stall in particular circumstances (and comparatively rare ones, it would seem), but since I haven't yet been able to reproduce the error condition, I'm trying to find out as much as I can, so I have an idea what I'm looking for.

3 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Glad it worked out.    What happened exactly?   You touched the Swaginator for the third prize and received it.   Did the HUD update, if only partially, to show that you'd collected a third prize or was it simply stuck on the third clue and indicators for two collected prizes?   And did you actually receive a third prize?

I'm trying to think what might have caused it, so I can fix it for next time we use the Swaginator -- there's clearly something that causes the HUD to stall in particular circumstances (and comparatively rare ones, it would seem), but since I haven't yet been able to reproduce the error condition, I'm trying to find out as much as I can, so I have an idea what I'm looking for.

One other person posted about a problem.  They got the bear from the second location, but the Swaginator HUD did not register it.  I'm pretty sure he said he took it off & re-attached, and I'm thinking he even said he went and got a new HUD.  Someone gave him help to the 3rd & 4th locations.

I'll try to find that post and note it here.

Duh - it was the OP for this thread (as opposed to Evangeline's problems)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I'm trying to think what might have caused it, so I can fix it for next time we use the Swaginator

I think Strawberry Linden had same problem 2020 halloween. If you skip to 9:45 you will see that she received the prize but the hud did not update with prize indication or new clue? But she received the prize. I had problems in the past with something avatar related and jira mention something about a key causing the problem. Cause it started with an F I think? No idea hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

• Moles
13 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I think Strawberry Linden had same problem 2020 halloween. If you skip to 9:45 you will see that she received the prize but the hud did not update with prize indication or new clue? But she received the prize. I had problems in the past with something avatar related and jira mention something about a key causing the problem. Cause it started with an F I think? No idea hope this helps. 

Thanks.   This gives me an idea of the circumstances that might be causing it, so I can at least add some extra error handling in where I think the problem area most likely is, ready for the next Swaginator hunt.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

When i got to the 3rd prize and touched the swaginator it told me that I had already collected it and never gave me the blue flashing lights like the first two did... it then proceeded to give me the 3rd bear even though it told me i already collected it. then the Hud just stayed on the third clue and the taxi button TP stayed on the 3rd clue. 

• Thanks 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

When i got to the 3rd prize and touched the swaginator it told me that I had already collected it and never gave me the blue flashing lights like the first two did... it then proceeded to give me the 3rd bear even though it told me i already collected it. then the Hud just stayed on the third clue and the taxi button TP stayed on the 3rd clue. 

Thanks.  That helps a great deal.   I'm pretty sure I know what's happening, though I'm not completely sure why yet, but this tells me where to look now, and what to change before we use the swaginator again, or I think it does.    I can see where the messages must, now and again, be getting scrambled, anyway, and I think I see how to check for that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

@Quartz Mole, in case this helps. My hud got stuck in the second station, it just wouldnt change the message to the new location, it was 'totally frozen'. I detached and attached the hud and nothing; when I tried to get a new hud from Moles Town, I got this message: This product is limited to 1 copies per avatar, and this purchase would exceed that allowance! If you have recently attempted a transaction, please wait a few minutes and try again.

I had to log in an alt to start over and get the following LMs. 

Thank you for the hunt and the lovely prizes, as always!

Edited by Elena Core
mispelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

This issue is now in our internal jira, along with a note to myself of what I think needs attention, so it should be fixed the next time we bring out the Swaginator.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and many thanks for everyone's help with the detailed accounts -- that's really saved me a lot of time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.