Asian Head and Skin Help

KimikoNakamura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good Morning sl im back to sl after long time and making a new Account so i Start Form zero again hehe i have experiance with maitreya in the past also catwa.

Im looking fore High Qualiti Head Skin Body Mix i soviel prefer Maitreya (because that much and easy to find clothing and stuff)  but im Open fore Sugestions Linden are NOT the Problem just finding the right things my last Inventar was a mess 😇 the right eye shape is one of the hardest things to find fore me

I hear alote about genesis lab and did already try out lil Bit but did Not look good so far i whould bei verry thankfull about any help

Edited by KimikoNakamura
Wrong typing

1 hour ago, KimikoNakamura said:

Beschuss

Feuer frei!

Sorry. Too tempting.

I'd forget that you ever heard of Genesis Lab, if I were you.

For mesh heads, I also recommend LeLutka - but perhaps their Ceylon head instead. 

There are several skin suggestion threads here on the forum, which are worth to look at.

Hey there! Welcome back to SL!

Okay, so you've got a lot of options. Maybe too many options. I can help a bit. It sounds as if you've got your mesh body all sorted out, so let's move on to the heads.

So here, your best bet would be Lelutka Evo X (which is backwards compatible with Lel Evo Classic products), but you've also got another really good option in Akeruka (AK). Unfortunately, you just missed a 50% off sale at AK (ended yesterday) where they released two new Asian mesh heads at discount. The good news is AK runs sales quite frequently, so if you can wait a bit, you might be able to grab one for about 1800L. AK Advanced heads include a version designed to match Lel Evo products, so Lelutka Evolution line skins and makeup will work on them (but not skins and cosmetics made for the newer Evo X - that's important).

This decision is going to come down to how much patience you've got for shopping. Evo X is the easiest shopping experience as of right now. AK/base Evolution line is a slight bit harder to shop for, but still doable. With the holidays coming up, my advice would be to grab head demos from both stores, figure out what looks you like, check out the available cosmetics, and wait a bit until sales start dropping again.

Note: there are definitely options in the Genus and Catwa lines as well, but if you're like me and shop too much, you'll notice that fewer new releases for those heads are flooding the market these days. Still, it might be worth grabbing the free Genus Strong Gift at their mainstore to see what you can do with it. 

Hopefully all that made sense. I don't know who let me touch the keyboard before finishing my coffee.

Now for skins:

Lots of stores carry Asian skins for Evo and/or Evo X and sometimes Genus, and sales are common. I'll include a small-ish list of stores to get you started. Just pay very close attention to what line the skin is made for - Evo and Evo X have different logos. Nothing will ever say AK, so just pick Evo if you go that route. Demo demo demo everything. Also, pay attention to the weekend sales. Happy Weekend, the Saturday Sale, and SoKawaiiSundays will make skin and makeup shopping a lot easier (and cheaper - a lot cheaper).

Skin stores:

Tres Beau (check around both outside and inside the shop/up the stairs)

Moccino Beaute

Nuve (they have some Asian skin freebies for Lel Evo, Catwa, and Genus in exchange for a 250L group join fee)

Dernier

Enfer Sombre

Gloom (they do weekend sales quite often)

ItGirls

Bold & Beauty

Velour (frequent weekend sales on skins and cosmetics)

Last note: Many stores sell body skins separately from the heads. Read all the notecards that come with the demos to find out what body skin your head skin is designed to match.

If you need any help finding any of the places I mentioned (they should be in the Search, but you know how cranky SL can be), or if it all gets a bit too confusing, just poke me here or inworld and I'll help you out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also, Nonnative

NONNATIVE

I just got that Momo skin the other day at the K9 event.. It's really nice..

I haven't looked at the body skins yet though.. You have to get those from VELOUR..The skin will come with a notecard that has the landmark for VELOUR.

It's a really pretty skin.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.