Fun with ARC

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

Anybody notice something strange here? ;)

bilde.png.24d2764b05ca916883cf1a8922cd5aa3.png

This is on the beta grid btw and it seems to be seriously messed up at the moment. I really hope and believe it doesn't apply to the main grid.

What viewer is that? I ask because the icons on FS do not match all of those, just half of them. Eyes, alpha and bridge (prim) are the only ones that are the same.

If you mean the 2000 base ARC score instead of 1000, it's been like that for years, since...  I think it came in at about the same time as jellydolls.

31 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

What viewer is that? I ask because the icons on FS do not match all of those, just half of them. Eyes, alpha and bridge (prim) are the only ones that are the same.

It's Firestorm (some skins have different icons). The ones in Chin's image are exactly the same as the ones I see, for all of them.

1 minute ago, KT Kingsley said:

@Maitimo, I think the issue is the complexity value of 132 632 at the bottom of the window.

That is correct. I have to add that it was a sim malfunction, nothing serious or permanent. The region was restarted only minutes after I posted and now it looks like this:

bilde.png.3d7bd61220cd9bc35cc1f87492891839.png

Now of course I will always have to wonder whether they restarted because they read my post or if they were going to do it anyway. ;)

• Like 1

I thought FS "dropped" ARC way back when LL came out with the "revamped" Avatar Complexity.

Someone needs to stop changing the terms just because they rewrote some of the code. People generally don't adapt to changes well because the changes confuse the heck out of them. Like the name changes when it's the same thing just "improved". 🤨

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I thought FS "dropped" ARC way back when LL came out with the "revamped" Avatar Complexity.

You're right, I used outdated terminology here.

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

People generally don't adapt to changes well because the changes confuse the heck out of them.

That may be the purpose. Just like there is no English nuclear power plant named Windscale anymore.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I thought Cumberland was part of England, not Scotland. 🤔

Woops, my bad. Sorry.

Oh and the palce wasn't really renamed either. BOth names were used both before and after the accident. It's just that they kind'a phased out the use of the name associated with the incidenht. ;)

But anyways, back to SL: ARC was beginning to get bit of a reputation because it was so obviously flawed. Solution: Rename it!

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.