First day with Kupra and already frustrated. what alpha hud to use?

bateliii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before the purchase i checked the details about this body and realized that it is necessary to buy Alpha if i want to use certain clothes. i bought this alpha pack: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alpha-911-RLV-Alpha-HUD-240-BOM-Alphas-Inithium-Kupra-Slink-Hourglass-Redux-BOM-Mesh-Bodies-Classic-Avatar/20697039
And made a hud that comes with it but even though i use the hud, I'm still wearing the alphas. it's not working like Maitreya hud for example, where it works with a script.

The alpha doesn't cover certain areas even if i choose the right area (I need to wear more than 10 Alpha layers), it's frustrating and wastes a lot of time. i didn't think it would be like that.

I currently don't have clothes designed for this body, so I am trying to combine with slightly larger clothes.

I talked to someone from the support team and understood from them that they don't plan to make an alpha hud, but to use clothes that are designed for the body and since BOM is here then there is no need for alpha anymore.

If you are using Kupra, what hud are you using?
And what do you suggest?

I don't use an alpha HUD with Kupra. I use alpha layers. You can pick up a box of free ones at the Slink store, and another at Little Black Dress. I am pretty sure if you search on the marketplace you will find some there too.

edit to add - I am finding that most people selling Kupra clothes now are either rigging properly or including alphas for their clothes in the folder. I have not really needed to go searching for other alphas for my clothes. It just isn't a problem and I would not buy clothes that were so poor rigged in any case.

Edited by Stephanie Misfit
  • Like 1

You need to shop for clothes for Kupra. Your issue isn't that it doesn't have a hud, it's that youre trying to squeeze those curves into clothes that weren't made for it. This might work to some degre with other bodies but Kupra's butt and breasts are so far from other riggings. You may find you need the occasional alpha with Kupra-specific clothes, but I agree with Stephanie.. a lot of well made clothes out there now, and many of them come with alphas. Demo some new clothes. I don't use an alpha hud at all myself.

• Like 1

Seconding that there is very little point in purchasing a Kupra if all you're going to do is alpha everything out in a futile attempt to get non-Kupra clothes to fit. It's kind of at odds with the whole Kupra aesthetic of stuff which showcases the body rather than hiding it. There's a reasonable quantity of free and cheap clothing around if cost is an issue, but if you're attached to your existing clothing you're going to have to wear it with another body.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:14 PM, bateliii said:

I currently don't have clothes designed for this body, so I am trying to combine with slightly larger clothes.

You should keep an eye out on the various weekend sales: Saturday Sale, Happy Weekend, L$30 Saturday, Fifty Linden Friday etc. for cheap clobber you can find them all on www.seraphimsl.com  . Plenty of places offer items rigged for Kupra sometimes the items are only made for Kupra. An alpha layer may be included to prevent any skin clipping through

Kupra is such a unique body shape, you will not get clothes for any other body to fit, with or without alphas (unless the clothing covers you completely from neck to wrists and ankles).  I would suggest saving up some money to get clothes made to fit, and until you have enough, switch to a free body with a closer-to-normal shape.

If you can spare L$200, then Lucybody is the best bet - it fits clothes made for Maitreya so you'll have no shortage of free clothes to keep you going. The body itself is free but it's about L$200 for the BOM installer. (A bit of marketing evil genius there).  If you can't spare even L$200 then I would suggest getting the free version of ebody (curvy or classic - available in their own store and at Free Dove). There are a few free and cheap things for ebody - not many, but more than you'll find for Kupra at present, with Kupra being so new. You can't use alpha masks with ebody though, and you're limited to only very basic alpha cuts via the hud.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.