Asian theme in Belliserria?

Seaplane Jonson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Deeply impressed with the great job the Moles are doing with new Linden Homes, I recently got a Stilt on Pier and am very happy with it.  Years ago I had an old Japanese Linden Home, but gave that up for Mainland property, although still use some of the textures from those old homes in my skyboxes now.  As one of my alts enjoys role play as an Asian American, I'm wondering if there's been discussion about new Linden Homes that might reflect Asian designs.  Just as the new Fantasy homes combine many aspects of fantasy, new Asian themed homes could reflect various Asian cultures such as Japanese, Chinese, etc.  Also, community areas would benefit from the beautiful Asian landscaping.  I realize there are already some Asian-themed communities in SL, but perhaps development of new Asian themed Linden Homes could take advantage of the scale and advanced building capabilities which Moles can employ to achieve their amazing results.  Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed and I somehow missed it, but please offer your comments.  My alt would love to upgrade to Premium if they could get a new Asian themed Linden Home that reflects the high quality Belliserrian standards!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Seaplane Jonson said:

Deeply impressed with the great job the Moles are doing with new Linden Homes, I recently got a Stilt on Pier and am very happy with it.  Years ago I had an old Japanese Linden Home, but gave that up for Mainland property, although still use some of the textures from those old homes in my skyboxes now.  As one of my alts enjoys role play as an Asian American, I'm wondering if there's been discussion about new Linden Homes that might reflect Asian designs.  Just as the new Fantasy homes combine many aspects of fantasy, new Asian themed homes could reflect various Asian cultures such as Japanese, Chinese, etc.  Also, community areas would benefit from the beautiful Asian landscaping.  I realize there are already some Asian-themed communities in SL, but perhaps development of new Asian themed Linden Homes could take advantage of the scale and advanced building capabilities which Moles can employ to achieve their amazing results.  Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed and I somehow missed it, but please offer your comments.  My alt would love to upgrade to Premium if they could get a new Asian themed Linden Home that reflects the high quality Belliserrian standards!

LL - specifically Patch - hasn't made mention of what the remaining themes will be, but there has been much discussion here in the forums by folks.  I truly do anticipate some sort of Asian theme as those homes are still pretty popular in the older home areas.

• Like 4

Patch did say in some interview somewhere that they were intending to pay homage to the old Linden Home themes, so I would think there'll be something with an Asian theme to come. The new log and fantasy homes I think are like an upgrade for the old Tahoe and Elderglen regions (not sure what the upgrade of the Meadowbrooks is - maybe that's yet to come..)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Patch did say in some interview somewhere that they were intending to pay homage to the old Linden Home themes, so I would think there'll be something with an Asian theme to come. The new log and fantasy homes I think are like an upgrade for the old Tahoe and Elderglen regions (not sure what the upgrade of the Meadowbrooks is - maybe that's yet to come..)

If thats the case then presumably the last two themes will be Asian and Modern-Minimalist, to replace Shareta and Meadowbrook.

2 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

If thats the case then presumably the last two themes will be Asian and Modern-Minimalist, to replace Shareta and Meadowbrook.

ashizawas-attention-to-detail-goes-beyon

Or a combination of the two. Take a look at some modern Japanese homes.

They're nice looking, livable, and can be modeled without excessive land impact because they're mostly straight edges.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, animats said:

Or a combination of the two. Take a look at some modern Japanese homes.

They're nice looking, livable, and can be modeled without excessive land impact because they're mostly straight edges.

Some of those have really nice interiors!

So what we need next is a modern theme with lots of big windows, on the water! Well that's my dream anyway:)

I kinda would be a bit surprised if we do get a modern build, just because we have the traditionals and stilts which both have a more contemporary vibe (to me anyway) in some ways compared to the other themes, so I'm wondering if they would really do something like the meadowbrook.

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Some of those have really nice interiors!

So what we need next is a modern theme with lots of big windows, on the water! Well that's my dream anyway:)

I kinda would be a bit surprised if we do get a modern build, just because we have the traditionals and stilts which both have a more contemporary vibe (to me anyway) in some ways compared to the other themes, so I'm wondering if they would really do something like the meadowbrook.

I think they will, but maybe on mountains rather than water. Those houses in the link from @animats remind me more of the newer releases from Trompe Loeil. Very different from Trads and Stilts. 

PS I wish the stilts models, lowered to ground level, could be added to Traditional parcels...

15 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I think they will, but maybe on mountains rather than water. Those houses in the link from @animats remind me more of the newer releases from Trompe Loeil. Very different from Trads and Stilts. 

PS I wish the stilts models, lowered to ground level, could be added to Traditional parcels...

Thanks for the reminder about Trompe Loeil, they have some interesting modern looking builds that illustrated how a  modern homes could work on water:) Like this one for example:

922229175_Screenshot2021-08-24082750.thumb.jpg.beb2c21d7730c1ac90591af8be31955b.jpg

It's called a beach cottage, but doesn't look cottagy to me:) The Lindens and Moles have ruined me! I used to be a land lubber, and now I just gotta have water!😁😆

I'm pretty sure LL have already settled on whatever the next two themes are. Wish I was a fly on the LL offices wall:)

(So as not to derail this thread too much i'm gonna start a new one regarding the next themes.)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks for the reminder about Trompe Loeil, they have some interesting modern looking builds that illustrated how a  modern homes could work on water:) Like this one for example:

922229175_Screenshot2021-08-24082750.thumb.jpg.beb2c21d7730c1ac90591af8be31955b.jpg

It's called a beach cottage, but doesn't look cottagy to me:) The Lindens and Moles have ruined me! I used to be a land lubber, and now I just gotta have water!😁😆

I'm pretty sure LL have already settled on whatever the next two themes are. Wish I was a fly on the LL offices wall:)

(So as not to derail this thread too much i'm gonna start a new one regarding the next themes.)

@Evangeline Arcadia I have that one! In fact it was the last one I had before I sold my mainland. It's really nice. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the insightful comments!  Especially intriguing is the notion of somehow combining Asian and Modern styles.  Curiously, I spend a lot of time in cyberpunk sims, which seem to be mostly Asian inspired -- but sometimes I want to escape the dystopian urban cyberpunk vibe and need a quieter place set with beautiful landscaping -- thus the desire to seek a Linden Home inspired by the amazing eastern landscaping traditions.  Perhaps this also raises the question as to whether Linden Homes could ever offer a theme with a more urban setting, although that might undermine the intended purposes of the Linden Homes approach; but if that were possible, perhaps it might resemble the awesome Hangars Liquides.  Not sure how relevant this might be to the original topic, maybe a different or new thread would be more appropriate.... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.