Paid history pushing back chat history in IM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason in IM whoever i'm talking to if they ever gave me any linden over the years it's all appearing at once as the most recent thing, It just started doing this one day suddenly, maybe an update changed my settings? I put up with it for some time but is there a way to turn it off? It's not doing it with everyone i've had transactions with i think. But multiple people

Example of how chat looks:

Pete: Hello

Pete payed you $L5

Pete payed you $L20

The "Hello" message would be new, but the pay was 2 different times in the far past, I have some friends where it lists $L1 $L2 $L1 Until their new message is disappeared off the top of the page, it's very annoying, I'll include a snapshot. Please help

(Also it doesn't seem to show times that i paid them, if that info helps)

Untitled.png

That's very odd, I have never seen anything like that before. Have you looked at your transaction history to see if the payments are actually showing as new payments? 

If not... Check if it does the same thing in the SL viewer as well.

• If it does, then file a support ticket on the SL webpage.
  • If it does not, then contact Firestorm support.

6 hours ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

For some reason in IM whoever i'm talking to if they ever gave me any linden over the years it's all appearing at once as the most recent thing,

Unless it's a different issue, there is a 'normal' thing where un-deleted payments in the viewer transaction history keep getting added to IMs. So along the lines of what @Karly Kiyori said, check your 'Transactions History' tab in the viewer.

If it's what I think, the list you showed is NOT actually payments from over the years - it's probably just the SAME single recent payment (or collection of payments) repeating in the chat each time you open it, making it look like a lot more.

While ever the transactions history tab shows any transactions, it will keep repeating them in any IM chat you open with the person who paid them to you. So even if it's just ONE payment listed, it will keep adding it to your chat each new session. Delete it (or any others) from your transaction history, and they will stop repeatedly getting added to the IM chat window.

Edited by wesleytron
Clarifying I meant the transaction history in the viewer.

16 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

Unless it's a different issue, there is a 'normal' thing where un-deleted payments in your transaction history keep getting added to

16 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

Delete it (or any others) from your transaction history, and they will stop repeatedly getting added to the IM chat window.

I've never deleted any L$ Transaction History, nor would I want to -- and I cannot even find a way to do that on my L$ Transaction History page -- and yet I have never experienced what you say is 'normal' when I'm chatting with people that have directly paid me L$ or people that I have paid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wesleytron said:

Unless it's a different issue, there is a 'normal' thing where un-deleted payments in your transaction history keep getting added to IMs. So along the lines of what @Karly Kiyori said, check your 'Transactions History' tab.

If it's what I think, the list you showed is NOT actually payments from over the years - it's probably just the SAME single recent payment (or collection of payments) repeating in the chat each time you open it, making it look like a lot more.

While ever the transactions history tab shows any transactions, it will keep repeating them in any IM chat you open with the person who paid them to you. So even if it's just ONE payment listed, it will keep adding it to your chat each new session. Delete it (or any others) from your transaction history, and they will stop repeatedly getting added to the IM chat window.

This has happened to me on numerous occasions through the years. It always seemed quite sporadic though, but now that you mention the issue of clearing your transaction history (in the viewer not on the website) I think that is probably why it happened. I typically clear that transaction history daily but sometimes I get lax and forget to do that. Since I haven't actually verified if that was the cause I can't say for sure but it certainly fits my experience.

37 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

now that you mention the issue of clearing your transaction history (in the viewer not on the website) I think that is probably why it happened. I typically clear that transaction history daily but sometimes I get lax and forget to do that.

Is that with the LL viewer?  I can't find anything about clearing L$ history in Firestorm, so I'm still confused on this functionality.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've never deleted any L$ Transaction History, nor would I want to -- and I cannot even find a way to do that on my L$ Transaction History page

To be clear - I'm talking about the transaction history in the viewer (and specifically in Firestorm - other viewers may do the same, but I can't verify), not the one available via the account dashboard.

40 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

This has happened to me on numerous occasions through the years. It always seemed quite sporadic though,

I think payments only become part of the viewer's transaction history if you do NOT click on the 'OK' pop-up for each payment. It stores them until you acknowledge/delete them.

Edited by wesleytron

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is that with the LL viewer?  I can't find anything about clearing L$ history in Firestorm, so I'm still confused on this functionality.

If you haven't got a transaction history in your viewer, I suspect it just means you've always acknowledged every payment as and when you have received it.

Yeah, In Kokua, and I suspect the LL viewer, you need to accept the notification (upper right of the screen or where other group notices are) in order for the viewer to stop notifying you of the transaction at every login.

This is /Not/ the same thing as your "transaction history" deleting the notification will not clear the transaction from the list on the SL website: https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history/?lang=en-US#/

56 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

If you haven't got a transaction history in your viewer, I suspect it just means you've always acknowledged every payment as and when you have received it.

Ahhhh, gotcha.  Yeah, I tend to acknowledge my notifications pretty regularly, to keep them cleared out.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Firestorm. Here's a pic. I emptied it early this morning before reading this post. Again, I can't verify it's the actual cause but it makes sense to me, and I will be careful to check this the next time this occurs.

90e3cac8777d2813a82f8dbf0dff41f9.png

Edited by Blush Bravin
Added pic and more info.
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Firestorm. Here's a pic. I emptied it early this morning before reading this post. Again, I can't verify it's the actual cause but it makes sense to me, and I will be careful to check this the next time this occurs.

90e3cac8777d2813a82f8dbf0dff41f9.png

Hmmm, that format must be dependent on the Theme/Mode being used in Firestorm.  I use Phoenix mode & my Notifications look like this - I had an alt pay me so I could see how it shows:'

image.png.3c994eca20971f534372af1bd20fd98d.png

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmmm, that format must be dependent on the Theme/Mode being used in Firestorm.  I use Phoenix mode & my Notifications look like this - I had an alt pay me so I could see how it shows:'

image.png.3c994eca20971f534372af1bd20fd98d.png

Right, so what you need to do in this case is click the X in a circle next to that transaction, to clear it off the list, before you click the little X at the top right to close the notification window.

10 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

Right, so what you need to do in this case is click the X in a circle next to that transaction, to clear it off the list, before you click the little X at the top right to close the notification window.

That might be why I've never had issues.  I usually clear or mostly clear that Notification list regularly upon logging in and again before logging out.

That might be it, i have lots of transactions and i cleared them. There's still paid messages in the chat but i think they're the old ones, i got a friend to type something new and relogged and nothing is coming up after it. So it's early to say but i think it's fixed now, Thanks everyone

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.