Deformed shape of avatar when switching from one avi to other

Urathear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got some issue which makes my life in Second Life harder.

So basically when I switch from Euro Dragon by i monster back to Jomo Dragon my entire head for Jomo Dragon becomes really disshaped and nothing really can help other than relog.

While okey, this is in some way a solution, I want one which doesn't involve relog. I tried some of Undeformers, including one kit full of em. Nothing really works. Gestures tied to commands for undeforming, objects which are supposed to fix that, part of clothing which also should do that. Nothing. Resetting manually avatar does work on that although that is only for you or anyone who decides to use it. Therefore it's easy to earn "Why the long face?" comments making fun of that when I would just decide to do that. Are there any way to fix that in-game for everyone, not just me or interested party without relogging? Screens attached below to show issue:

W8ssZFj.png

VRQcqIh.png

f3nY5Oe.png

10 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Urathear said:

I got some issue which makes my life in Second Life harder.

So basically when I switch from Euro Dragon by i monster back to Jomo Dragon my entire head for Jomo Dragon becomes really disshaped and nothing really can help other than relog.

While okey, this is in some way a solution, I want one which doesn't involve relog. I tried some of Undeformers, including one kit full of em. Nothing really works. Gestures tied to commands for undeforming, objects which are supposed to fix that, part of clothing which also should do that. Nothing. Resetting manually avatar does work on that although that is only for you or anyone who decides to use it. Therefore it's easy to earn "Why the long face?" comments making fun of that when I would just decide to do that. Are there any way to fix that in-game for everyone, not just me or interested party without relogging? Screens attached below to show issue:

W8ssZFj.png

VRQcqIh.png

f3nY5Oe.png

Right click your nametag and then

• Reset Skeleton: Used to fix Bento-induced skeleton glitches.
  • Reset Skeleton and Animations: Used to fix Bento-induced skeleton glitches and the associated animations.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Right click your nametag and then

• Reset Skeleton: Used to fix Bento-induced skeleton glitches.
  • Reset Skeleton and Animations: Used to fix Bento-induced skeleton glitches and the associated animations.

This does fix it on my side but everyone else still see this glitch.

8 minutes ago, Urathear said:

Under avatar in the top menu

• Undeform Avatar: Attempts to undeform your avatar, to recover its normal shape after deformation after the use of oversized avatars or griefer objects.

4 hours ago, Urathear said:

Reset Skeleton alone is a local fix. It only shows on your computer.

Reset Skeleton then relog is a global fix that will show the reset for everyone after you've logged back in. A teleport after reset can do a similar thing, but I usually relog as well, just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 3:17 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Under avatar in the top menu

• Undeform Avatar: Attempts to undeform your avatar, to recover its normal shape after deformation after the use of oversized avatars or griefer objects.

Doesn't work unless I rejoin sim again. Better than relog, still not perfect.

On 6/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Reset Skeleton alone is a local fix. It only shows on your computer.

Reset Skeleton then relog is a global fix that will show the reset for everyone after you've logged back in. A teleport after reset can do a similar thing, but I usually relog as well, just to be on the safe side.

Yeah but that I know. I want to know is there is workaround to not have to do that.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:07 PM, Urathear said:

Doesn't work unless I rejoin sim again. Better than relog, still not perfect.

Yeah but that I know. I want to know is there is workaround to not have to do that.

Hi,

Did you ever discover a fix for this issue? I get the same when switching from fox to Merman.

15 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

The solution is up there. You could just do what Skell and Rowan told already.

Yes, thanks,  I did read that and am doing that. The only step that works for me is re-logging.
I just wondered if there was a way to do it without re-logging. Would, for example, using a standard SL complete av as a starting point, stripping it of everything possible, adding the (in my case) Whisk Red Fox skin, ears and tail, leave the other 'outfit's that have different bodies/shapes, unchanged?

I think your problem is that the fox avatar includes a deformer, used to distort or crush your shape. To un-deform the shape, you must first remove the deformer (which can be done by replacing your outfit with another one that does not include the deformer). That does not fix your shape, but will prevent it from being re-deformed. Next, using Firestorm's Avatar>Avatar Health>Undeform Avatar command should accomplish the fix.

If you don't use Firestorm, try using one of the free un-deform tools that are out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think your problem is that the fox avatar includes a deformer, used to distort or crush your shape. To un-deform the shape, you must first remove the deformer (which can be done by replacing your outfit with another one that does not include the deformer). That does not fix your shape, but will prevent it from being re-deformed. Next, using Firestorm's Avatar>Avatar Health>Undeform Avatar command should accomplish the fix.

If you don't use Firestorm, try using one of the free un-deform tools that are out there.

Thanks Lindal for your comprehensive answer, much appreciated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.