How Does Your SL Look Today?

On 11/6/2023 at 4:34 AM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Busy day inworld.  Went to The Rocky Horror Picture Show with Sandor.  He fit right in!  I tucked away my squirt gun, lighter, toast, and toilet paper in the folds of my skirt to toss out at the appropriate times.  They really did a good job on the show.  It had to have taken months of planning.

Dressed up as Janet and FrankNFurter

image.thumb.png.cd54f99bcd55dcde14a2a92ddaa3cf4d.png

The cast and performance

original_6547f1b3fa7b275788d4871b.thumb.png.a042dd78fbcd64a00bd06ce62215d3db.png

That's astounding.

I mean, the amount of work that must have gone into doing that. Looks like it was brilliant. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:38 PM, Bagnu said:

Here are a few shots of The Rocky Horror  SL production I took Cinny to. It was just awesome to see!!! Thanks @BJoyful for telling me about it!!!

Sandor and Cinny Rocky Horroer 1.jpg

Brad and Janet.jpg

Rocky.jpg

Magenta and RiFF Raff.jpg

Frankenfurter, Rocky, and Brad.jpg

Magenta.jpg

Rocky Horror Dance lineup.jpg

Wheelchair.jpg

On 11/6/2023 at 11:48 PM, BJoyful said:

Your photos are wonderful!  The Sarabande Theatre Group has a Flickr which would love to have these beautiful photos added, if you have what is needed to do that.  I don't have flickr, so I'm not much help, but I have seen the photos and such things as beautiful photos like these will really help promote these talented and dedicated performers ♥♥🎥💃🕺

I audibly said "Wow, just WOW!" out here in my real life at Sandor's photos. Really captured the essence of the Rocky Horror Show. Really enjoyed the photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I audibly said "Wow, just WOW!" out here in my real life at Sandor's photos. Really captured the essence of the Rocky Horror Show. Really enjoyed the photos.

Thanks!!! It was a great show!!! I give credit to Cinny for being my inspiration to take the shots!!!

And I think Cinny's  outfit captured the essence of "Janet".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I almost missed this "yet another example of TMI"!

It was mostly a discussion on EEPs and lighting. So... that's how our SL looked?

@BillFletcher Not sure what the TMI was???  I am a rule follower, so could you elaborate on what you saw in that post, so it can be avoided in the future?  Or you could just report it if you think it's inappropriate instead of starting another off topic side conversation. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bagnu said:

We weren't planning a photoshoot. We just took a couple of pics while we were together. Not much we could post.

Cinny Reclining Sandor.png

This is a lovely pic of Cinn. It could almost be a Pre-Raphaelite painting.

I ran across a painting the other day that had me thinking I should corner Cinn as a model.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I ran across a painting the other day that had me thinking I should corner Cinn as a model.

I would love to be there too, so I could take some shots as well, and compare our interpretations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I would love to be there too, so I could take some shots as well, and compare our interpretations.

Well, let me give it some thought. And it might be not a bad thing to hear from Cinn that she's actually WILLING to model! 🙃

My shots tend to be very carefully staged, so it might indeed be an interesting experiment.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It was mostly a discussion on EEPs and lighting. So... that's how our SL looked?

@BillFletcher Not sure what the TMI was???  I am a rule follower, so could you elaborate on what you saw in that post, so it can be avoided in the future?  Or you could just report it if you think it's inappropriate instead of starting another off topic side conversation. 

I misinterpreted Sandor's statement that there were not many pictures he could post, took it to mean that there were pictures that could not be posted due to content. This was partly because I was not in a good mood at the time, but also partly because Sandor's past behavior would lead someone to assume such things. He could have been more clear and said that he only took two pictures but had a lovely conversation about photography, but he chose to make a vague easily misunderstood statement instead.

Edited by BillFletcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

I misinterpreted Sandor's statement that there were not many pictures he could post, took it to mean that there were pictures that could not be posted due to content. This was partly because I was not in a good mood at the time, but also partly because Sandor's past behavior would lead someone to assume such things. He could have been more clear and said that he only took two pictures but had a lovely conversation about photography, but he chose to make a vague easily misunderstood statement instead.

I guess I should be flattered that every sentence I write is examined with a microscope. Geez....

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I had to take the time to look this up.  I really don't know art history or artists very well.  I was pleasantly surprised that I actually recognized some of the paintings if not the names of the artists.

Also, no cornering needed.  I love playing dress up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was surprised at what I found on Google!

https://color-red.yolasite.com/red-hair-paintings.php

https://www.barnebys.com/blog/fire-passion-inspiration-red-hair-in-art

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yeah. For whatever reason -- possibly simply because of the way they used colour -- red hair was a favourite of the Pre-Raphaelite artists such as Rossetti and Milais.

ETA: Milais' Ophelia, and that of Waterhouse, who was a late Pre-Raphaelite -- were sort of inspirations for my own version of Ophelia, in that I was responding to and critiquing their romanticization of her death.

The-More-Deceived-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.95e3a189b292c05377e8dcad7be4738d.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. For whatever reason -- possibly simply because of the way they used colour -- red hair was a favourite of the Pre-Raphaelite artists such as Rossetti and Milais.

I didn't expect to find much, I suppose due to the modern conception of "Redhead - most likely 'Irish', etc."

But I suppose (and know better, now that I think of it) that the "equivalent" of "redheads" exists in all cultures. Sometimes everyone else's hair is "brunette" and there's the one standout (whether blonde or something different than brunette).

• Like 2