How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

45 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Congratulations, looks like a cute healthy baby.
What's his name and how many LI was he at birth?

Thank you , Sid .. It was .. but unfortunately just also a temp object we cannot rez anymore.

Thefore we bought a newborn named Eden .. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, QuietEventide said:

'm watching my jumping dolphins from a virtual beach.
Made a little bossa nova tune and put it on the Soundcloud page:

That sounds fantastic, perfect for watching the dolphins play around 😊

40 minutes ago, 2Tessa said:

20230806_005.png.21f00073652f80ad898950cb13d30a27.png

I love the combat gear, did you score any good missions today?  Yesterday the zombie strippers cornered me and when I tried to jump past them I landed in another crowd of zombies that spawned, and met my untimely demise.  I see people in there with guns that seem to really tear them up and have been trying to figure out what they are using.  So far the best I have is my shotgun which does a decent job at AOE, unfortunately the reload time takes a bit and it doesn't have very much ammo capacity.  The lightening  spell makes short work of them, but  I would like to stay more in theme for that portion of the region though, so I have been looking for an upgrade.

I'm still looking for attire that fits the theme, I've been mostly running around in civilian outfits, especially anything that will fit with the Senra avatar, but haven't had much luck finding inexpensive outfits that fit right.  Here is the best I have at the moment. I'm not really happy with it though.

Snapshot_194.thumb.jpg.d09c3f485f4a71c78459ede7b420d80b.jpg

I love that shotgun :D I was looking for a camo hat, and some baggy pants and combat boots but so far, have found nothing that really fits the theme well at an affordable price.  A lot of the avatars I see there look amazing, and put a lot of work into it all much like yourself.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

That sounds fantastic, perfect for watching the dolphins play around 😊

I love the combat gear, did you score any good missions today?  Yesterday the zombie strippers cornered me and when I tried to jump past them I landed in another crowd of zombies that spawned, and met my untimely demise.  I see people in there with guns that seem to really tear them up and have been trying to figure out what they are using.  So far the best I have is my shotgun which does a decent job at AOE, unfortunately the reload time takes a bit and it doesn't have very much ammo capacity.  The lightening  spell makes short work of them, but  I would like to stay more in theme for that portion of the region though, so I have been looking for an upgrade.

I'm still looking for attire that fits the theme, I've been mostly running around in civilian outfits, especially anything that will fit with the Senra avatar, but haven't had much luck finding inexpensive outfits that fit right.  Here is the best I have at the moment. I'm not really happy with it though.

Snapshot_194.thumb.jpg.d09c3f485f4a71c78459ede7b420d80b.jpg

I love that shotgun :D I was looking for a camo hat, and some baggy pants and combat boots but so far, have found nothing that really fits the theme well at an affordable price.  A lot of the avatars I see there look amazing, and put a lot of work into it all much like yourself.  

20230806_006.png.a66785974d119e4cfadbb01a252148d7.png

with soundtrack:

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I am using this old mesh outfit:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MTS-Dark-Camo-Female/7433887

and i saved this to buy when i can:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cap-mesh-100-VitaminV/16133151

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bagnu said:

You brought up a very interesting point. I wonder if the people who are rude and obnoxious are simply passing through SL, with little focus, other than perhaps trolling. Maybe no one on their friends list, and they don't care if there is. Not caring if they get banned by the SIM owner or Officer. Just popping in to have a laugh. That doesn't go over well in an Adult oriented SIM.  Cat and I certainly wouldn't tolerate it.

I think that's pretty much it. Some people aren't looking to build any lasting things in SL, and just wander around amusing themselves. Even groups of SL friends sometimes wander around the same way, just acting like tourists, and not caring if they ever get to come back, as long as they had fun. It's not necessarily "trolling" in the sense of breaking the TOS or harrassing people outright, but more of an attitude of "IDGAF", like teenagers at the mall with no money, and nothing to do.

There are entire sims owned by people who have the IDGAF attitude.

I was thinking about this the other day, trying to widen my brain to the fact that there are so many different perspectives in SL, and so many different uses to which it's put by the different people who use it. Some are social, some anti-social, some asocial, and you never know until you find out.

A perfectly good conversation can turn into a loathesome event, depending on the stranger you just met and decided to try talking to. Or, what seems like a big risk of getting bullied or trolled can turn out to be awesome fun and great chat. You really never know when you're out there in the wild.

Adult places that want repeat traffic and actually are trying to build communities and clientele are going to be far less tolerant of wandering self-amusers, just out of the necessity of providing the sort of atmosphere conducive to what they're there for.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ok today was mostly an AFK day for me.  So my avi has been sitting  in the nursery watching the girlsVivianSTFB_055(1).thumb.png.0f1efcbdffae2656c1ad3da32ea2eded.png sleep peacefully. Today my SL looked pink and blue.

Edited by Tayt3rChip
was posting in the wrong thread fixed it now
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

I was thinking about this the other day, trying to widen my brain to the fact that there are so many different perspectives in SL, and so many different uses to which it's put by the different people who use it. Some are social, some anti-social, some asocial, and you never know until you find out.

And some perspectives evolve into something different than what the original intention was. I certainly never thought I would be building a SIM, or married here. Neither did Cat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

And some perspectives evolve into something different than what the original intention was. I certainly never thought I would be building a SIM, or married here. Neither did Cat.

I think that kind of potential for personal growth and change, and the organic way relationships with people and places can form, is part of why I still do SL, and still enjoy it. This is, literally, the longest I've ever participated in any online community without getting sick of it and finding something else.

It's why I keep telling people who are frustrated with SL to be more patient, and learn to have some fun, not just pursue their personal goals. You don't dance to get to the end, you dance to enjoy it. If you're enjoying yourself, everything else unfolds naturally, and is more, well, real.

Also, pic time again.

snapthingy_002.thumb.png.b3615adae9f0a20bf7ea7d219100423a.png

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cirleen said:

School's Out

School's Out

That School's Out picture was a test to see if anyone imagined there were children on that bus. There wasn't, and no animals got hurt either. Anyone who failed the test please step forward & admit all wrongdoings publicly for a harsh reprimand.

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Wandering the wastelands of yester-something, before the Langoliers make their presence known.  The food tastes a little stale, but the scenery is as beautiful as ever.  It is as though time stands still here, and all of the people have vanished.  My advice, don't fall asleep in midflight 😏

Snapshot_822.thumb.png.8a7d4eda846872d22c93686361be5189.png

Snapshot_823.thumb.png.b43dc03c99c0ef6b73f7edc3206c6898.png

Snapshot_824.thumb.png.7c6043dff7c763dd3c0ea22c35a57e98.png

I can't seem to find my little frog friend though, he must have jumped to another lillipad.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 10