How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

23 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Earth ball, is that like a snow ball made of dirt? 🙃

Well,  one of the names for our planet, the earth, is 'aardkloot, in Dutch' which means earthball, so it can also mean the whole planet. But it refers I think to the shape of the ball. Kloot also simply stands for "ball" or "bullet. Previously, the game's balls were made of wood (i.e. not earth), weighted with lead. Nowadays, they are made of plastic (but also weighted with lead). They have to be heavy otherwise they roll in all directions.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Well,  one of the names for our planet, the earth, is 'aardkloot, in Dutch' which means earthball, so it can also mean the whole planet. But it refers I think to the shape of the ball. Kloot also simply stands for "ball" or "bullet. Previously, the game's balls were made of wood (i.e. not earth), weighted with lead. Nowadays, they are made of plastic. They have to be heavy otherwise they roll in all directions.

Sets the books outside to charge.

Edit: "But it refers I think to the shape of the ball." Lol, so is the earth ball shaped or the ball earth shaped, haha.

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

This is pretty much every day inworld for me at this point.  I have a perfectly lovely home at ground level, and instead I spend my time at 3000 meters building... more houses.

SL Today.png

Omg, I have a replica of my ground level plus more in my 'skybox' that I spend more time in than my actual 'house'. Ha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Omg, I have a replica of my ground level plus more in my 'skybox' that I spend more time in than my actual 'house'. Ha.

LOL -- yeah, I have actually fully furnished homes at about 3700 meters stuffed into a rezzer system so I can pop them out and decompress after building without having to hit the ground.  There's a springy build, a winter build... and I may do one for fall at some point.  Don't know -- it'll depend on what catches my fancy :D

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

LOL -- yeah, I have actually fully furnished homes at about 3700 meters stuffed into a rezzer system so I can pop them out and decompress after building without having to hit the ground.  There's a springy build, a winter build... and I may do one for fall at some point.  Don't know -- it'll depend on what catches my fancy :D

I actually thought of doing a spring and a winter on two different levels so I don't have to change them out 🤣

oh, you can add emojis, as opposed to typing them in.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I actually thought of doing a spring and a winter on two different levels so I don't have to change them out 🤣

This is where rezzer systems are my friend lol -- I use them at ground level for the season changeover there (I live on an estate that does all four), and in additional areas to save LI from having some builds out all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

This is where rezzer systems are my friend lol -- I use them at ground level for the season changeover there (I live on an estate that does all four), and in additional areas to save LI from having some builds out all the time.

Thank you, I recently read about rezzing systems, and although I have used them for years, I have never packed one of my own.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thank you, I recently read about rezzing systems, and although I have used them for years, I have never packed one of my own.

It's time-consuming, but not difficult, once you've got the process set in your head.  That said, if I were dealing with unlimited LI, I'd not bother lol -- but I'm not made of lindens :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I might make a million ducks though before I do.

The more the merrier 😍  

I really do love my rezzer, the problem with mine is that I need to rename each item so the rezbox knows which scene it is from, then everything has to be mod/copy as I need to add a script to each item to record the location, the placement as well as deletion of each item when I decide to change the scene, and if it is a no copy object it could be deleted forever when I erase a scene.  

But the end result is that I can have several different scenes in one area depending on my mood.  Speaking of which, I feel like some zombie fighting today so I put away my fantasy tower and brought the city back out :D

Snapshot_1058(2).thumb.png.478b4323aa52723d5554439b66727067.png

Those zombies haven't had any food for days, they'll be coming out shortly😨

Snapshot_1061.thumb.png.7cb2930794eba1e06f4b9aba567e7983.png

I'll be ready when they come out, it will be dark soon and the mostly come out at night... mostly

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I decided it would be fun to do something a little more creative than shoot zombies at the moment, inspired by all of the duckies in this thread, I created a rubber duckie dispenser. 

Snapshot_1076.thumb.png.cadcd434534e9395c48468c57603dbf4.png

This is the future in duckie manufacturing .  One click, one duck, no Ouija boards no problems :D 

umm.. I can fix this

Snapshot_1079.thumb.png.20f8d4a7f22c0fa0da86caed96015d13.png

Okay, just a minor setback 🤣🤣

Snapshot_1081.thumb.png.befc9802300482cedb12b581e5075202.png

I think perhaps I was safer with the zombies.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Haha 10

12 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I decided it would be fun to do something a little more creative than shoot zombies at the moment, inspired by all of the duckies in this thread, I created a rubber duckie dispenser. 

Snapshot_1076.thumb.png.cadcd434534e9395c48468c57603dbf4.png

This is the future in duckie manufacturing .  One click, one duck, no Ouija boards no problems :D 

oh no! lol

edit: ok, so I made a million ducks and it looked ridiculous, but would be ok if they just randomly drifted by 🙂

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

oh no! lol

edit: ok, so I made a million ducks and it looked ridiculous, but would be ok if they just randomly drifted by 🙂

:D I hope they are not giving you any problems, I find they can get a bit out of hand.  They are adorable, so they are worth it all though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

:D I hope they are not giving you any problems, I find they can get a bit out of hand.  They are adorable, so they are worth it all though.

I had to remove all my grates because omg can we not walk our baby ducks across them? Otherwise, all good, thanks 🙃

• Like 3

Begin March I planned to have turned my land from winter into spring. But that will take me weeks, so I started allready.

Waterland is nearly finished, back to my good ol' Dutch estate!

Trying out different shapes and colors of (spring) flowers. I use the Sweet garden flowers of HPMD for the walls. Of course they actually belong on the ground, but you try some :-).

Snapshot_2081208278_011.png

• Like 12

It has been a while since I have gone sailing, and after seeing Nando having fun on the water I decided to take out my favorite boat, and push the limits of my viewer for some Bellisseria snapshots

Snapshot_1104.thumb.png.cb62a610fdf4f5973e992b8edb0ea474.png

As well as one facing toward the mainland

Snapshot_1095.thumb.png.af66bc9b1c9677a9666ef71158f7f264.png

Now to bring down the draw distance as well as water reflections, and to go sailing .🙃

Snapshot_1106.thumb.png.180414a13b2f2f672c3f76d57448c256.png

I love this houseboat, it is like having a second home at sea. 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Begin March I planned to have turned my land from winter into spring. But that will take me weeks, so I started allready.

Waterland is nearly finished, back to my good ol' Dutch estate!

Trying out different shapes and colors of (spring) flowers. I use the Sweet garden flowers of HPMD for the walls. Of course they actually belong on the ground, but you try some :-).

Snapshot_2081208278_011.png

It's good to see Pan again. 🥰 Even if he is all Medusa'ed up 🙂There's a similar story in the Chronicles of Narnia, where a witch turns them to stone, including the faun from the Lamppost. 

• Like 3