Linden Houses and Sex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"There is no such thing as privacy in SL"  ....  Used to be true, but not anymore.

I own land on the mainland, Moderate sim. For most of the last year, there are much enhnaced access settings, although you may need a V2 or V3 viewer to see the controls.  I can set up my land so that no one outside of my parcel can see any avatars, or "hear" any chat, or hear any voice.  Even if they are right next door.   One more step, I can limit access to my land to those avatars on a specific list that I control. 

This is a pretty good approximation of privacy. They can see that someone is there on the mini-map,and they can look at the furniture, but they cant see or hear me or my guests.

I am not quite certain, but I think that "owning" a Linden home gives you just the same controls for access.

• 3 weeks later...

necropost.jpg

The TOS used to be extremely dubious on this. By its wording the answer was 'kinda no' - but we had a linden claim otherwise (who is no longer employed by LLs).

But about a year back they added text that made it seem ok.

However under the current wording, it has gone back to vague...

It does however say that any region which CONTAINS sexually explicity content MUST BE ADULT.

- It says that, and then it also says 'promotes'. These are stated seperatel

Rhys Goode wrote:

"There is no such thing as privacy in SL"  ....  Used to be true, but not anymore.

I own land on the mainland, Moderate sim. For most of the last year, there are much enhnaced access settings, although you may need a V2 or V3 viewer to see the controls.  I can set up my land so that no one outside of my parcel can see any avatars, or "hear" any chat, or hear any voice.  Even if they are right next door.   One more step, I can limit access to my land to those avatars on a specific list that I control. 

This is a pretty good approximation of privacy. They can see that someone is there on the mini-map,and they can look at the furniture, but they cant see or hear me or my guests.

I am not quite certain, but I think that "owning" a Linden home gives you just the same controls for access.

yes. the parcel controls are the same for linden homes parcels

they quite good i think

if they could also be added to, so that can make an enclosure box on the Z then be perfect. like 0-100, 1000-100, 3900-4000, etc. even if is just one per parcel

if they made so that everything in an enclosure box above say 2000m could be made hideable then would be even more perfect

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

The TOS used to be extremely dubious on this. By its wording the answer was 'kinda no' - but we had a linden claim otherwise (who is no longer employed by LLs).

It does however say that any region which CONTAINS sexually explicity content MUST BE ADULT.

all i had found on that was this..

Parcels that host adult activities or contain adult content must be on:

• The adult mainland continent, Zindra.
  • A private region that has been designated by its owner as Adult.

sexually explicit content is allowed on mature but has to be kept private..

they put those FAQ's in awhile back which kind of help a little more also..they were long over due i think hehehe

a lot less beating around the bush like the old ones..hehehe

What does "advertises or publicly promotes" mean?

The maturity ratings distinguish between publicly-promoted adult content, required to be on Adult regions, and non-public adult content, such as private homes with a sex bed, that can be located on Moderate land.

Adult activities cannot be advertised or publicly promoted on Moderate land. Such activity must occur privately, behind closed doors on Moderate land (see below), and is forbidden on General land. These restrictions apply regardless of whether the parcel has hidden avatars.

Advertising for SL search using adult words clearly requires being on Adult land. Other examples of advertising or publicly-promoting include renting signs inworld, listing on events, buying ads in newspapers, or distributing flyers or notecards to passersby.

Private invitations to friends are not considered advertising or promoting. Inviting everyone in a small private group that you control is not considered advertising. However, inviting everyone in a public group can be considered a promotional effort.

What does "behind closed doors" mean?

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

• Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel. If it is group-access only, the group must not be freely open to join.
  • Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel.
  • Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

Simple way to resolve this, either buy a piece of land on the adult mainland or rent one for "adult" behaviors. Many Adult sims will rent you a themed skybox for an hour or so.  You do not need anything large or expensive to create a nice cozy "love nest".  Use your LL home for normal daily behaviors.  Not only will you insure you are meeting the "fluid and ever changing"  LL stance on what is and isn't allowed in mature sims, you will also be supporting the SL economy, which seems to be collapsing rapidly these days with long time merchants closing down and people giving up their sims.

Good luck!

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

necropost.jpg

What does "behind closed doors" mean?

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

• Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel. If it is group-access only, the group must not be freely open to join.
  • Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel.
  • Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

That isn't very vague... make your house private and close the blinds. nuff said.

@OP, way to necropost your own thread.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

That's in an FAQ. The maturity policy itself has been updated -AFTER- that FAQ was written to say 'contains' must be on adult land.

So I'd say... things are not at all clear anymore.

yes but isn't it saying contain adult content?

that top part was from the maturity ratings..and i don't even think that part was changed..i'd have to look at an older version..i couldn't find anywhere else they even used the word contain..

there is another spot in the faq's that they go into about mixed parcels that uses the word contain.. but it wasn't going into it not being allowed on moderate..

i'm just curious if i am overlooking where you are talking about really hehehe

i just put the faq's in there because they show a bit more of what LL is saying with that type of content in the maturity ratings..

if it is that part about contain adult content..then we would be back to what is adult content??

then we are back at things that are advertized promoted or hosted  vs private that determine if something is moderate or adult..

i'm gonna have to find  an older version to see what they changed..i thought they just moved everything from the wiki  is all  hehehe

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Seriously... If i am in my house and someone camms in from another parcel and then ARs me for having sex in my private house... there is something seriously wrong.

with the way land settings are now..i don't think they can even cam in like that anymore and see anything if you have it to where they can't look in from outside the parcel..

i believe they have to actually be on the parcel from what i remember..

still it was not ARable..because they were camming you..you were not infront of the window putting on a show for them..

Perrie Juran wrote:

Just another example of SL mimicking RL.

there is some strange optical illusion going on with that picture..it looks like it is moving..like someone is still holding the camera...

just look at it for a few seconds and it looks like the camera is panning to the right lol

Ceka Cianci wrote:

there is some strange optical illusion going on with that picture..it looks like it is moving..like someone is still holding the camera...

Grrr.... I cannot get the picture moving!  Help...  :smileysad:  :smileytongue:

Coby Foden wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Grrr.... I cannot get the picture moving!  Help...  :smileysad:  :smileytongue:

try the second picture..it's not a real drastic thing..but it just feels like it is moving a little..like someone is holding the camera..

at first i thought it was because of lack of sleep..but it's still doing it  when i look at it hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.