Venues charging to get into their region

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

There is a feature on the land menu where you can charge people to enter your land, let's say if you had a concert or a reading or a fashion show.

I have never seen anyone use it.

When I tried it briefly years ago I realized no one will ever pay into a land menu, not when there are 100 other events they can go to for free.

They will tip an artist or venue owner but not feel constrained by a pay wall.

I was hoping someone would mention the land feature.  Its there.  It works.  I've tested it.  Like Prok, I've never seen anyone use it seriously.  I've seen some use it as a joke.  

On 5/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, Josephine Carissa said:

Greetings Sam,

I believe that a few years back "live performers" and "DJs" were paid by performance from the venue owner and also keeping their tips. As of a couple of years ago folks were being paid "tips only", so if you have been performing here in SL for any amount of time you have seen your wages/tips go down considerably. So to answer your question i can see that ticket thing happening here in SL.

Best Regards,

Josephine

From my experience (a few venues lately), most DJs and hosts are now paid by tips only as opposed to a flat rate plus tips.  Live artists still are generally paid for their gigs -- between 3,000 and 6,000 lindens per gig, although that can go WAY up for some performers -- but some venues are able to garner tip-only performers due to their popularity/ longevity/ etc.

Our venue isn't at the level where we have artists banging on our doors to perform for tips only lol -- so we only have two live artists, whom we pay, and who we believe are well worth the expense :)

3 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

From my experience (a few venues lately), most DJs and hosts are now paid by tips only as opposed to a flat rate plus tips.  Live artists still are generally paid for their gigs -- between 3,000 and 6,000 lindens per gig, although that can go WAY up for some performers -- but some venues are able to garner tip-only performers due to their popularity/ longevity/ etc.

Our venue isn't at the level where we have artists banging on our doors to perform for tips only lol -- so we only have two live artists, whom we pay, and who we believe are well worth the expense :)

I remember when I had my club --- used to have one performer bug me all the time for a gig and I'd turn him down. He was like 6k PLUS a percentage of the venue tips during his show. So far I think he was the only one I encountered that did stuff that way. I mainly turned him down since he's mainly karaoke and not play instruments.

On 6/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I remember when I had my club --- used to have one performer bug me all the time for a gig and I'd turn him down. He was like 6k PLUS a percentage of the venue tips during his show. So far I think he was the only one I encountered that did stuff that way. I mainly turned him down since he's mainly karaoke and not play instruments.

Yikes!  We don't have that issue.  We pay their fee, and they have their tip jar while we have ours.  Easy-peasy :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.