Venting a little.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was in SL today and this avatar walks up to me. Then he sits on my face with his arms wrapped around my head. I thought, ok, weird and I tried to walk away. Everywhere I went he stayed right on me. so I tp elsewhere, and he was there! Ok I'm joking about that last part. But I wanted to go back where I was. so I did and you guessed it. He got on my head again. I know, haha, funny... but seriously there must be something that can prevent that. someone has a HUD or something?

He has a script attached to his avatar that places him on you. There is nothing you can do about this.

It stopping is entirely dependent on him switching it off, picking another person to target, or one of you leaving the region.

I would suggest asking he stop, an abuse report (include screenshot) or see if the location you're visiting has any moderators / staff on hand.

26 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

He has a script attached to his avatar that places him on you. There is nothing you can do about this.

It stopping is entirely dependent on him switching it off, picking another person to target, or one of you leaving the region.

I would suggest asking he stop, an abuse report (include screenshot) or see if the location you're visiting has any moderators / staff on hand.

Ya, I figure that there is nothing much I could do about it. Thanks for the suggestions. :) 

The quickest and most pragmatic solution is to derender and mute this person. And ask anyone whom you are interacting with to derender and mute them too.

I'm not sure the official SL viewer is capable of derendering, but Firestorm definitely is.

People like this get live off the responses by people whom they terrorize. If you simply ignore them, they will move on to other victims who won't. That said, it's only a solution that works for you personally, not for others. Only abuse reporting would help against that, but it may take days or longer for LL to respond to those.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.