Alpha failures with Release 6.4.19.559046 (64bit)

Eddy Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK I have tried every SL viewer that is currently available and it is an issue on each one, Sometimes my alpha is good for about an hour and then it just stops working, I have a SLink Redux body which is made for BoM and the alpha's have all worked great up until now. The is a recent change that broke it.

I think it might be cache related but the cache is so horribly broken as it is. Your avatar should remain in the cache until you change it, you should never see your self as a cloud after tping. But sometimes even tping a short distance on the same sim turns you into a cloud.

Again this is not a problem for other people who all see me fine, it's just very annoying.

Edited by Nathan Zetkin
typos
  • Like 2

Instead of clicking "OK", because it's not OK to replace a working viewer with a known defective viewer, I closed the window and relaunched.  Then the downloader still downloaded something in the background then tried to interrupt me for permission to install, which I denied.  I thought the argument --channel "NoUpdateMe" would stop automatic updates as it is not a valid channel to the updater.  @Dan Linden Dan, we may need a little help here.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dan Linden said:

Sorry for the late reply, but the first thing I would check is to verify Preference > Setup > Willing to update to release candidate is checked. If it's unchecked it will try to update to the Release viewer.

That was probably it, Dan.  I did it again and this time it certainly was that box unchecked.  A few days ago I manually downloaded and installed 6.4.20.560520 - Viewer UI and launched.  The updater immediately went to work DOWNGRADING to 6.4.19.560171 - LMR 5, I think it was. Thanks for the tip!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.