Secondlife Anime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 months later...

not a fancy pic because i've been swept up in coding and modeling but i took time to make something for myself amidst all my other work - that is, i remembered i had this fullperm template i never used and promptly created the worst thing i ever made

unknown.png

once again head is asr aeon! except i remade her skin slightly

Edited by asteriddle
  • Like 6

On 7/27/2021 at 5:16 AM, asteriddle said:

not a fancy pic because i've been swept up in coding and modeling but i took time to make something for myself amidst all my other work - that is, i remembered i had this fullperm template i never used and promptly created the worst thing i ever made

unknown.png

once again head is asr aeon! except i remade her skin slightly

ASR is a  good head, I use Zs Anime Head

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qxBqHuk7OV8

We are dancing...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qxBqHuk7OV8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by HatsuneMiku Alpha

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Where do you even start putting together an avatar like this? What's the defacto standard head and body? 

for heads there's actually quite a variety! the most commonly known i think are the heads by utilizator (m3(nonbento)/m4(bento) venus+mars+anime+anniemay+chibi) , and these have the most skin support, with some skins being cross compatible across heads and ALL eyes being cross compatible.
there's a LOT more you can find just by doing a MP search for 'anime head' , most are nonbento but theres a few other bento ones

the second most popular from what i've witnessed and the head i personally use if the ASR aeon/alitheia (same texture/hud, just one looks a bit more 'mature') - has a very robust expression hud, more robust than the m4, but overall has less skin support (the uv map is kinda weird)

in the past a lot of anime avs used the utilizator bodies (namely kemono but also AV 2.0), but since those bodies have kind of gone out of date with both technical terms and clothing support terms, most people just find any old mainstream / niche body to use, depending on their tastes. stores usually make matching skins for BOM/LLUV to match with anime head skins they've made, but not always, so mixing and matching head and body skins usually happens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, asteriddle said:

in the past a lot of anime avs used the utilizator bodies (namely kemono but also AV 2.0), but since those bodies have kind of gone out of date with both technical terms and clothing support terms, most people just find any old mainstream / niche body to use, depending on their tastes. stores usually make matching skins for BOM/LLUV to match with anime head skins they've made, but not always, so mixing and matching head and body skins usually happens

Kemono is still relatively in use(as per my last head & body stats).

It's just not as commonly used as it was back before the first "big 3"(Maitreya, Belleza, SLink) took off.

Many today have gone to Maitreya, Belleza, Legacy & Inithium for the sake of curves and clothing, but it's hard to have a schoolgirl(non-JK) look with the latter 3.

Maybe I should do a separate a anime head & x body stats report next time I release stats when I hit 200k unique wearers, which at the rate I'm going, will be October.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.