Which firestorm version is best?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been having a lot of issues since i had to upgrade to 6.3.9.58205 because the previous one stopped working last monday.

More lago, more crashing, error saving snapshots in disk, etc.

Which version will you recommend for a better experience? Thanks in advance

34 minutes ago, GirasolMx said:

Which version will you recommend for a better experience?

Version 6.4.13.63251, which is the current one. Many bugs were fixed.

See all the changes and bug fixes between 6.3.9.58205 and 6.4.5.60799... erm.... That page was deleted for unknown reasons. 
See all the changes and bug fixes between 6.4.5.60799 and 6.4.12.62831 at https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/firestorm_change_log_6.4.12.62831
See all the changes and bug fixes between 6.4.12.62831 and 6.4.13.63251(current) at https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/firestorm_change_log_6.4.13.63251

So ask yourself,  do you really keep suffering the oldest FS that still runs?

So to answer your original question of which version of FS is best. It is the one that has the most fixed bugs.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GirasolMx said:

i had to upgrade to 6.3.9.58205 because the previous one stopped working last monday.

you will get kicked out of each old version if you don't update to the recent one, every new release will make a older one obsolete and blocked ... as most software... it's updated for a reason.
If your machine can''t cope well with Firestorm i would suggest you look at the third party viewers to test if one runs smoother.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GirasolMx said:

I've been having a lot of issues since i had to upgrade to 6.3.9.58205 because the previous one stopped working last monday.

More lago, more crashing, error saving snapshots in disk, etc.

Which version will you recommend for a better experience? Thanks in advance

You are using the oldest (BOM) version that is usable now.  There have been many more complaints about slow frame rates in the EEP versions (the two after the one you are using.  So likely they will be worse but you could always try. 

The other thing you COULD try would be to use the Opensim version of FS which has most but not all of the SL version.  This is not good for uploading mesh but not that many people are doing that :D.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.