Can't delete account

SirWaclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After whole tilia things wanting my every personal info I decided to delete account.

I clicked delete account yesterday and as you can see, it's still on.

Now when I click delete account it's just shows my account information.

All help and support links brought me to the forums, so here I am.

Thanks for any reply in advance.

6 answers to this question

If you are a Premium member, your membership is prepaid.  If you indicate today that you want to delete the account, your wish will be granted at the end of the period that you have already paid for.  Until then, your status will be Premium, Pending Downgrade.  You will continue to receive your weekly stipend and have all of the other Premium benefits except ownership of land on the Mainland (including Linden Homes).  If you decide not to stick around and use your membership, Linden Lab will not issue a refund for the days you have left.

If you're a Basic member, there's no real advantage to deleting your account (especially since, in your case, you have decided not to use Tilia to cash out your entire account balance). You might as well just keep the account and walk away.  Who knows, you might come back months or years from now.  Many people do.  With luck, your account balance and your inventory will be waiting for you.

• Like 1

I first came on SL in 2006, my net was too slow, and it just wasn't for me at the time, so I deleted my account (came back almost 11 years ago and obviously stayed the second time lol) If I remember correctly, when you delete your account, it takes about a month for it to officially close out. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SirWaclaw said:

Can I write somewhere other than forums?

Nope.  And writing here only puts you in conversation with other residents like you.  We can share our experience and give you advice about what has worked for us, but we have no authority (or power) to do anything else for you.  Personally, I advise you to simply keep your Basic account and not consider transferring money out of SL.  That way you'll never have to deal with Tilia.

15 hours ago, SirWaclaw said:

After whole tilia things wanting my every personal info I decided to delete account.

I clicked delete account yesterday and as you can see, it's still on.

Now when I click delete account it's just shows my account information.

All help and support links brought me to the forums, so here I am.

Thanks for any reply in advance.

can I tell you one piece of advise,  it's becoming impossible to not have the information on file and within the next few years it's going to be required for everything you want to do when it's to do with money,   you will not find a loop hole around this,  you will be required to hand over information or you will not be able to use most services if any online. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.