Non-mesh eyes on mesh head

NanR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

I use an eye alpha because I do not use BOM on my mesh eyes.  If you use BOM, then no alpha is needed for mesh eyes.  That's how I've understood it.  I've yet to see anyone be able to edit their mesh head so the actual system eyes, (with no mesh eyes) can look good.   You can, with BOM turned on, use system eye ( the eyeball icon) textures on any mesh eyes that support.this feature.  If I want to use my IKON system eye textures on my Catwa mesh eyes, I'd have to take off the alpha,  turn BOM on on my eyes then wear the old system type eye texture.  Not sure I explained that very well.  

Basically, if you wear a mesh head with no mesh eyes, it's going to look weird.  

Edited by RowanMinx

my current non-mesh eyes are not system eyes but rather created by someone else who no longer has them. From reading all of these answers it looks like its impossible to keep my yes with a mesh head. I could be wrong but everything is leading that way. 

Rowan thank you so much for you clear answer 🙂

36 minutes ago, NanR said:

my current non-mesh eyes are not system eyes but rather created by someone else who no longer has them. From reading all of these answers it looks like its impossible to keep my yes with a mesh head. I could be wrong but everything is leading that way. 

Rowan thank you so much for you clear answer 🙂

Are they little boxes in your inventory that you add or attach?  If so, those are probably unrigged mesh eyes and can be used with any mesh head.

Edited by RowanMinx

10 minutes ago, NanR said:

no they are not boxes but rather eyeballs........ see here

Firestorm-Releasex64 6.4.12.62831 - NanR (gyazo.com)

Those are a system layer for changing the texture on your system avatar's eyes.

If you want to use them with a mesh head, that's exactly what BOM (Bakes On Mesh) was made for. It'll be very easy to keep using them.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NanR said:

Wulfie I tried BOM with a mesh lelutka AND Genus mesh head and my eyes went white or I'm doing something wrong. BOM was on the huds of the heads. What am I doing wrong?

I don't have Lelutka and it's been months since I've touched Genus, so I can't give specific advice, but make sure you're not wearing any head alphas that make your eyes invisible.

Without seeing your avatar/worn outfit, it's tough to guess exactly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanR said:

Wulfie I tried BOM with a mesh lelutka AND Genus mesh head and my eyes went white or I'm doing something wrong. BOM was on the huds of the heads. What am I doing wrong?

On Lelutka, to use BOM with the eyes, you need to go to the Eyes tab on the HUD and click on "Bakes on Mesh" to turn it on.  (According to the manual, "applier" is the default mode for the eyes). 

I haven't worn my Lelutka head for a little while, but wearing the Lelutka eyes, no alpha mask for eyes, and turning on BOM for the eyes on the HUD should work, showing your system textures on the eyes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.