Marketplace failure to deliver gains me a 2 star review

Artorius Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'll gloss over the fact that the customer didn't even wait 30 minutes before leaving the review. How dare I not reply to his several IM's in under 30 minutes.

Anyway, I log in to see what the earth shattering issue was. Marketplace hadn't delivered the item yet. So I get a lovely 2 star nasty gram on a product that previously only had 5 star ratings and several raving IM's about how I'm a lousy merchant and have terrible customer service.

There's nothing in the review itself for me to flag about so I'm stuck with it.

Thanks LL!

• Like 2

If the review involves a delivery, you can actually flag it. LL will remove reviews that talk about delivery failures. Or, at least, this is the advice LL has given here before when merchants had issues with customers leaving reviews based on failed deliveries. 

• Like 5

It doesn't. That's why I had to log in to find out what the issue was. It's almost but not quite threatening and says nothing except that they have sent several messages about their problem and gotten no reply. They never mention the actual problem, or the fact they waited a grand total of 30 minutes before leaving the review. There's a strange bit about how depending on my reply he'll take it to open chat. Not exactly sure what that means but I doubt it's enough of a threat to get ll to remove the review.

Edited by Artorius Constantine

1 hour ago, Artorius Constantine said:

It doesn't. That's why I had to log in to find out what the issue was. It's almost but not quite threatening and says nothing except that they have sent several messages about their problem and gotten no reply. They never mention the actual problem, or the fact they waited a grand total of 30 minutes before leaving the review. There's a strange bit about how depending on my reply he'll take it to open chat. Not exactly sure what that means but I doubt it's enough of a threat to get ll to remove the review.

The sort of good news is that I had a competitor long ago buying one of my top selling items in order to give bad reviews. The reviews were all stupid and they kept leaving one star reviews LONG after there was a demo to download as well as one in world.   Basically while LL SHOULD take that review down (who knows what is going on these days after the new owners thing) if they don't it won't really hurt your business. REPLY to the review saying your side of it (politely - not for the reviewer but for folks reading your comment).  And items with even one star reviews show up before those with no star reviews (at least that was true the last time I checked).  

So be calm and carry on. Anyone who has been in SL awhile knows not to pay much attention to reviews. And if there are tons of reviews -- especially on a new item -- I am really put off. Why? Because I have had some products sell almost a thousand times with NO REVIEWS.   So a bunch of reviews is really a red flag -- to me anyway. I try to give a good review to things I buy on the MP, but the VAST majority do not. 

Breathe deeply. Turn in a request to have the review removed. I can't believe any sane person would pay attention to it anyway (but then again we don't seem to be living in a sane world these days :D)

Good luck. 

• Like 2

And of course this customer is, umm, a handful. Woke up to 8 notifications about the review being changed. I gave them a full refund with a note explaining how I didn't control deliveries and it has escalated into several messages from them saying all kinds of "nice" things. So many I actually had to block him. Now he's claiming delivery isn't the issue but the item he bought is broke, it isn't, it's one of my top selling items, at least it was, I sent him a full refund anyway so there's that, and he's abusing the review system by changing it and the comments constantly to try and carry on the abuse. He's changed the title, changed the review, added and deleted and changed several comments.

I'm dealing with this because LL didn't deliver in a timely manner, and the customer is a handful.

Are we sure it's not Monday?

• Like 1

There seems to be more activity on the Marketplace in general, seeing an increase in redeliveries of older items, and more activity on reviews, and tons of PMs to me for a variety of reasons.
Some are just insane and have left poor reviews on products, the most on the products I had MORE features or BONUS gifts on.
Believe me, you don't have time to explain to someone why they left a 1 star rating because a "light doesn't work" when they don't have Advanced Lighting on, or they don't bother reading the instructions not only included in the product box, but on every rez of the item in chat.
LL does not have a field for this when you want to flag for items such as
"I rated this low because it was not in the color blue" akin to "This donut would have been good, but since it doesn't have blue sprinkles I give it 1 star"
LL has not responded anyway to flags near this, and to me , no matter how politely or cleverly I respond to the 'review' it remains up.
Sales damage has been noted and observed over time, I've already removed 3 products that weren't worth looking at and no longer selling.
I'll make new versions instead and keep them simple as possible.
It's not worth the time talking to someone in chat over a $.30 cent sale.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Greetings, All!

Delivery issues are completely and totally outside of the control of the seller. Items that have Automatic Redelivery enabled on the listing the buyer can request redelivery of the item without having to report the failed delivery. 

If a buyer is reporting a Failed Delivery, you can and should flag the review. There is an exact report for such reviews as well. 

* Click the Flag this review link and then choose the options Off Topic - Reporting Failed Delivery 

Reviews that are personal opinions of the buyer about the item itself are usually not removed from the listing unless the comments specifically violate any Second Life Policy.  For instance, a buyer can review a listing and say that they do not like the item and the review will not be removed. However, if the buyer says they do not like the items and the seller is a jerk (or whatever) the review will be removed since the buyer is making derogatory comments about the seller themselves and not just the item that they purchased.  

If an item is being sold Full Permission, for instance, textures or furniture, and the seller includes a sample that is not Full Permission, and a buyer leaves a review reporting that the item is not full permission because included sample is not full permission, the seller can report the review as being Off Topic - Issue Already Noted in the Item Description. As long as the seller actually does state in the Item Description that the included sample is NOT full permission and lists the permissions of the sample item, and the review will be removed from the listing since it is clearly Off Topic and the description stated the information that the buyer has noted in their review. 

• Like 1

Artorius, I had an issue that you mentioned where a seller bought all my cheaper items and left 1 star reviews in everyone of them. I flagged the items and I made a comment on each one while I waited for the reviews to be removed by LL. It was very obvious and it got removed within a week. I had an issue with a customer who was new and was complaining that the item did not 'work'. I don't remember the details but she was new and it was just something she needed help with. Again I flagged the review and it was removed within about a week. As long as you remain fair and good at heart, trust me, everybody will know it. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.