Matching Lelutka head to Belleza Jake body

chris102099

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The neckline issue is usually due to Belleza being slow in updating their bodies to work seamlessly with heads as someone said in this thread. 

Next, try turning off the gloss, shine, and materials in both the head and body HUDS.  Check if you haven't done any tinting with the RGB color picker.

You can also try switching up the windlights or EEP with no shadows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris102099 said:

I recently got the free lelutka alain head, but I'm having major problems with the neckline. The picture below is where both the head and body are bakes on mesh with the same exact skintone.

https://gyazo.com/b6b78c20f01b59276d8605c19e1906c1?token=24dae8cdbb2859c4efc0d8f59c30d01d

That 'darker head, lighter body, pale thin band around the neck' issue is commonly seen with Belleza Jake when you have your viewer's graphics preferences set in one particular way: with Advanced Lighting enabled, and Shadows set to 'None'. To fix it, open Preferences, go into the Graphics tab, and set Shadows to a minimum of 'Sun/Moon'. Watch this video to see the difference it makes.

You can see what I mean by that 'darker head, lighter body, pale thin band around the neck' description if you look at this composite image. As a CSR for Catwa we were receiving a lot of queries for help to fix the same problem, so I took the time to create a blank white skin and check various head and body combinations in various graphics settings. As you can see from that image, Jake very clearly suffers from that distinctive problem in that particular graphics setting combination. ALM enabled with Shadows set to 'None' is not a kind setting for any head/body combination, but it's especially bad with the Belleza Jake body. (Caveat: I will be re-shooting that image soon, as Signature have updated their body of late. I also want to add Legacy body to the composite.)

As Eddy said, above, Belleza Jake has not received an update for a long time (almost two years, in fact; even the BoM activation HUD was made by a third party and then put in the Belleza store). This particular issue is seen with Jake and multiple brands of mesh head (I'm wearing a Catwa head in the linked video).

You may also find that - once you've fixed the Shadows setting - you still don't have a perfect fit. That's because the Lelutka Evolution heads (of which Alain is one) feature a new neck fit that's been dubbed the 'Universal Neck'. Several major head and body creators agreed to move to a new standard neck fitting so that - going forward - neck seams like the one you're seeing with Alain/Jake would no longer happen. Legacy is one of the male bodies that has the new neck, and Signature has also updated (their folders include two bodies with different neck options: one for the new Universal Neck, and one for the SL neck that fits older heads). But Belleza - being as slow to update as it is - is not a perfect fit for the Universal Neck. (In fact, it still has fitting issues with some other head brands, although it's a good fit with the older Lelutka Origins heads.) And in all honesty I wouldn't hold your breath for an update to Jake any time soon.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 5

On 12/22/2020 at 1:24 AM, Skell Dagger said:

You may also find that - once you've fixed the Shadows setting - you still don't have a perfect fit. That's because the Lelutka Evolution heads (of which Alain is one) feature a new neck fit that's been dubbed the 'Universal Neck'. Several major head and body creators agreed to move to a new standard neck fitting so that - going forward - neck seams like the one you're seeing with Alain/Jake would no longer happen. Legacy is one of the male bodies that has the new neck, and Signature has also updated (their folders include two bodies with different neck options: one for the new Universal Neck, and one for the SL neck that fits older heads). But Belleza - being as slow to update as it is - is not a perfect fit for the Universal Neck. (In fact, it still has fitting issues with some other head brands, although it's a good fit with the older Lelutka Origins heads.) And in all honesty I wouldn't hold your breath for an update to Jake any time soon.

@Skell Dagger

Wow, I had no idea the "Universal Neck" was a thing. I guess I should really start reading the note cards that come with the heads. Thank you so much for talking about this!

Question though, is the "Universal Neck" just a new standard for male bodies and heads?  Or is there a corresponding "Universal Neck" for female bodies and heads as well?

2 hours ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

@Skell Dagger

Wow, I had no idea the "Universal Neck" was a thing. I guess I should really start reading the note cards that come with the heads. Thank you so much for talking about this!

Question though, is the "Universal Neck" just a new standard for male bodies and heads?  Or is there a corresponding "Universal Neck" for female bodies and heads as well?

Female bodies have it too. My latest GE.AG head update included info on it.

6 hours ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

Yes, it's coming in for both male and female heads and bodies. Nalates mentioned her GA.EG head update included info on it (not sure, though, if that meant the update itself was to include the neck, or if it mentioned that new releases will have the Universal Neck from now on; could you please clarify, Nalates?) and both the Lelutka Evolution male and female heads and the Catwa HDPRO female heads also have the Universal Neck (as well as the upcoming male HDPRO heads).

With regard to bodies, Legacy, Slink, and Maitreya currently have Universal Neck updates for their female bodies. (I just checked, and it looks like the Slink male body has also been updated, so I need to redeliver mine.) As with the Jake body, I would expect Belleza Freya, Isis, and Venus to be behind in updating.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

It's such a disappointment that a brand completely gave up their original outstanding work on male skins and now merely serves slooooow update policies and a focus on the oversaturated female market.

If they ever come around with a BOM update for a Jake 3.0 body, along with the females, I do have a certain feeling that said update might be as poorly arranged as the previous "hey, it's multiple body copies now, figure out your compability" one.

They used to offer some of the most handsome faces back in the system days, along with lickworthy body skins... and they didn't even bother to update them as appliers or BOM. Shame, shame, shame.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

Rather than try and explain... I'll quote from the GA.EG note card.

SL NECK STANDARD!

► At last, a standard seems to arise for the neck of the mesh bodies and heads ! This standard is based on the 
neck of the default SL avatar called Ruth.
► At the day of writing, several mesh bodies are starting to use this neck standard, such as the LEGACY bodies, 
the SIGNATURE bodies... and I hope much more in the future !
► The global adoption of this standard will allow a perfect match between your head and your body, without 
any bad shadow, in any windlight !

So, I now propose two heads in the folder :
- one using the SL Neck Standard (name ending by [SL Neck])
- one working with the Maitreya body (name ending by [Maitreya Neck])
► Wear only the one matching the best your body !

So my Jennifer head's [SL Neck] is the 'standard' neck size. I wear a Slink body. The images in the 'Look Today' thread show the fit is perfect using the [SL Neck] version of the head. Stealing one of those previously posted... the image links to the 2048px version of the image. No Photoshop blending on the neck.

I'll point out that the bottom row/ring of polygons on the head and the top row/ring on the body are key for getting an apparent skin match. If the polygons depart too much from the 'tilt' of the polygons on the Classic avatar you may still see a seam. It has to do with how the render engine renders light off an angled surface. Deviate too much and it shows.

49958414516_47d50b8087_k.jpg

22 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It's such a disappointment that a brand completely gave up their original outstanding work on male skins and now merely serves slooooow update policies and a focus on the oversaturated female market.

If they ever come around with a BOM update for a Jake 3.0 body, along with the females, I do have a certain feeling that said update might be as poorly arranged as the previous "hey, it's multiple body copies now, figure out your compability" one.

They used to offer some of the most handsome faces back in the system days, along with lickworthy body skins... and they didn't even bother to update them as appliers or BOM. Shame, shame, shame.

They were the best skin store back in the day, and their old system skins could still be workable with BoM bodies with a few fixes.  It's sad they haven't released any new male skins for close to a decade now.

I almost brought the Jake body until my friend advised me against it.  Their last update broke all previous content including the clothes sold in their store.  My friend has to deal with the insanity of figuring out which Jake version the demos are rigged for, and juggle between his Jake 1.0 and Jake 2.0 inventory folders. He's still salty about that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.