Marketplace is failing to update Relevance Sort

Pit Banx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I submitted a ticket

This is what they told:

Hello, Fergie Finesmith

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the Marketplace.

We have forwarded this report to a supervisor and the Engineers as a bug report.

As soon as we have an update from them we will update this Support Ticket. 
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/6/2022 at 8:19 PM, Fergie Finesmith said:

And... it's happening again... 

I have this problem too, first noticed it a few months ago. The house I sell the most is in last place... I wonder if it still makes sense to advertise three of my houses in MP.

So what to do to finally solve?

well that's a good sign. I was pretty discouraged when I went to see this thread was made in 2020 and the problem still persists. But they must be aware of it and about to do something. Optimistically maybe they've been having problems because they don't have the hardware to properly sort, index, etc all the listings that exist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

well that's a good sign. I was pretty discouraged when I went to see this thread was made in 2020 and the problem still persists. But they must be aware of it and about to do something. Optimistically maybe they've been having problems because they don't have the hardware to properly sort, index, etc all the listings that exist.

With the Spring Cleaning they're in the midst of doing, I imagine when complete, it will make the MP much easier to sort.

• Like 1

Came here to say I have been seeing some strange things in the search. I know spring cleaning is upon us but I also heard that the default search will now be new and not relevant, sadly the relevant search is showing a bunch of clothes that quite frankly are crap.. people flood the search with every single color. making it so you have to scroll through pages and pages to even find something decent. Really there has to be a better way because I can't find anything anymore and my sales have even dropped on the MP lately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dema Fairport said:

Came here to say I have been seeing some strange things in the search. I know spring cleaning is upon us but I also heard that the default search will now be new and not relevant, sadly the relevant search is showing a bunch of clothes that quite frankly are crap.. people flood the search with every single color. making it so you have to scroll through pages and pages to even find something decent. Really there has to be a better way because I can't find anything anymore and my sales have even dropped on the MP lately.

The default search in a particular store is New and not relevance.  That was changed a few weeks ago and how I've always searched MP.  

Yes Dema, this Mess is now over 2 Month and yes Rowan you prefer to use news in list by search. Me too and maybe like all in full MP. BUT in my own Store I prefer to have my old "Relevance and Top of Selling-Lists" like before and many other Merchants or Customers prefer this too and miss the old good Lists who shows top Items and not old crap. Stop, buy and go is then the Point and this is not longer possible when Customer see only old Stuff on the Top Sides in a Shop they vist. And this old Stuff can not change with the Info as help as they say "go in your edit and change the title or keywords" that makes no sense and changes NOT this Lists. This Way can be use for other problems yes but I say it again: the Relevance List and Top Selling Lists, mirrors not our sales anymore like it was since the Update was End of March.

38 minutes ago, Caren Jewell said:

this is not longer possible when Customer see only old Stuff on the Top Sides in a Shop they vist

Customers will not see old stuff when they visit a specific shop.  Customers searching YOUR store will see your newest items first as default.  Wouldn't that be the preferred way to visit a specific store or creator?  

If I were searching for Trees.  I'd use Mesh Trees.  It would show me relevance first as usual.  Probably some old crap at the top.  No big deal to me. Narrow it to Home & Garden.  Still relevance sort.  Landscaping...relevance first.  Trees and shrubs...again, relevance first.  THEN I'll switch search to either Newest or Best Selling.

This is how I've searched for something specific for years.  When searching ONE store, why wouldn't you want to see Newest first which is now default?

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

This is how I've searched for something specific for years.  When searching ONE store, why wouldn't you want to see Newest first which is now default?

Cause People are not only searching for something special (mostly yes but not always) - yes they do and me too - BUT they come in Store and see the first sides and there was always the BEST Selling Stuff or Relevance and then comes it to quick sales (oh look this is nice and those is fine). I do this too and go out of the Store with more purchases I thought before I visit this Store. With my words calls it "bargain sales" and this is no longer possible when Customers visit the Store and see at first old crap Stuff from Seasons in Summer from Winter or older. I understand what you mean, I use the "new" when I specific want to buy something like a Tree (then is the rest not important) but not all use the search like you, Rowan. 

16 minutes ago, Caren Jewell said:

when Customers visit the Store and see at first old crap Stuff from Seasons in Summer from Winter or older.

When customers visit The Store (as in YOUR store)... They will see newest first not old crap. 

Recently we made a change to the default sort for merchant stores to "newest first" instead of "relevance." This was done to prevent old or outdated products from being the first thing shoppers see when visiting a merchant store, and we have seen increased sales across the Marketplace as a result. 

Rowan, I know my shop and what you show is the example of my list when you search for specific Items like Flowers or something in "low to high". This was not what I mean

1. Relevance shows not the Stuff before the Update was end of March - it shows your searching Flowers under Relevance but without your search shows the Relevance List for "stop and go buyer without any search and only looking around" this:

59270962672bf083e95386d52df9c48c.png

2. Best Selling: I know my Stuff and the Items there are showed are older sales and NOT the Best Selling Items.

THIS are my Top Selling Products and mirrors not one of the Product you copy in Shot! This List was showing till End of March under my Best Selling List as Products and after Update it was not longer in my Store available in this List.  The Product on Top was searching over 20.000 Times by People who visit this Best Selling Side as "Shop and Go" People without any search. They saw it and purchased it as "Item they don't search for" - only to visit the Store. Not like you try to explain as specific search for Flower or or .... only to visit the sides without watching under "News" or or ... and this make the Problem that Part of Merchants have Problems with their Sales. Is not only me and sorry Rowan, I think you don't know realy what this missing or wrong Lists means for some of us. Thank you for your Info but I say it again, not all goes the way over search and news - they comes in Store and "walk around" and a Bargain Purchase is not only to buy "Item for low Price" ..it means also that they visit, see, like what they see (without search) and buy! The Top Product from 20.000 Times to search .. is less now near zero and that is my point and what some other here mean too (this was only short example from much more Problems). 

7387efec3dedd9be6b0d07dfb962fd1e.png

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Recently we made a change to the default sort for merchant stores to "newest first" instead of "relevance." This was done to prevent old or outdated products from being the first thing shoppers see when visiting a merchant store, and we have seen increased sales across the Marketplace as a result. 

and before you quote it again - I know and notice this. But "we have seen increased sales... " are only words for me and if this would realy so, why is the Jira full of Problems from Merchants who have less Sales like hell since the Update was? We can speak days about this all but it will not answer the question like Dema ask and she ask the right question. And the Answer is easy: Relevance is broken and delete - changing now in news and the Customers visit the Stores and must learn new to handle this all. If this was the best Idea from the MP Team? Well ... I be tired to post here about this anylonger, I notice the Infos inworld from Merchants or here in diff. Posts and see my own Sales and this shows more as I can try to explain here. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.