Doubts About Land

Guilherme Serupta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Guilherme Serupta said:

Hello guys, how are you?
I know that to be able to have a land you need to be Premium, correct?

Any land I buy, can I make a public place where I will set up stores, houses to rent or sell?

Thank you very much.

You must be Premium to own Mainland.  You can rent from private region owners and some of those rentals will even make you 'owner' of the parcel.  

For Mainland, you can do whatever you want with the land -- home, store, rentals, whatever.

For Private Regions, you can do whatever the region owner allows.  Many of them do allow you to set up a store or home rentals.  

You may want to ensure you read all of the various Land articles in the Knowledge Base and possibly even take @Lindal Kidd's Land class -- sometime on the weekends, I believe.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You can rent parcels of land on the mainland or private estates from land owners without being a premium member.  Depending on the size you need and how much the rent is, that might be a cheaper option that paying for the premium membership.  That's something to consider at least.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:59 AM, Guilherme Serupta said:

Hello guys, how are you?
I know that to be able to have a land you need to be Premium, correct?

Any land I buy, can I make a public place where I will set up stores, houses to rent or sell?

Thank you very much.

You can do this anywhere except on the Linden Homes areas of Bellisseria and the older Linden Homes. They do not allow rentals or stores.

Before going down that path you should stop and think about why someone would rent a plot there from you?

Do they even need land? Why does someone need land? Are you sure about your reason? How can you address it for them?

If they need land, why would they not just get their own? What is special about yours that they can't get on their own?

Your question just reads like you don't have a business plan yet - and that's a very fast way to lose a lot of money.

Almost ALL people that "rent" land in SL to think about even these most basic questions... so their plots go unrented for months or even years at a time, they lose a lot of money, and eventually leave SL and post some comment somewhere saying SL is dead all while the average number of people logged in at the same time here is around 45,000-52,000 - similar to MMOs like Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft. And all while other plots of land have waiting lists to get in because they did think about 'what am I offering and why would someone want this' and came up with solid good answers BEFORE they started paying money for that land.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.