Scripted furniture isn't showing the controls or working?

synicide

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya! I'm a newcomer to SL so please forgive me if this isn't posted in the right spot but onwards to the question at hand.

My beau and I are working on getting a house set up together and we decided to buy some scripted furniture for the more adult side of life and all that. We demoed all of the items in question at the store repeatedly before we decided to purchase them, but now that we're at home and I'm proceeding on decorating, these items are... not working.

I've tried removing the items in question, both by taking and deleting them, and putting a fresh item down, going through the edit menu to find where to refresh the scripts and I've done that a few times, and tried to plop the item down in another region to see if it'll work there only to be blocked by 'item cannot be rezzed here' as well. I've been trying to find a sandbox to try them out in but, again, newcomer and I don't tend to know where to look for those.

However, I figured that we should be able to just pop out the furniture and enjoy ourselves, but that isn't happening. I don't think the rating of the lands we're on would have anything to do with it, but it could? I am still learning the ropes here so any advice on what to do in the future is grand. I also don't think the scripts would be broken, given that I've tried very hard to puzzle this out on my own for a few hours to the point of getting a frustration headache but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, synicide said:

Hiya! I'm a newcomer to SL so please forgive me if this isn't posted in the right spot but onwards to the question at hand.

My beau and I are working on getting a house set up together and we decided to buy some scripted furniture for the more adult side of life and all that. We demoed all of the items in question at the store repeatedly before we decided to purchase them, but now that we're at home and I'm proceeding on decorating, these items are... not working.

I've tried removing the items in question, both by taking and deleting them, and putting a fresh item down, going through the edit menu to find where to refresh the scripts and I've done that a few times, and tried to plop the item down in another region to see if it'll work there only to be blocked by 'item cannot be rezzed here' as well. I've been trying to find a sandbox to try them out in but, again, newcomer and I don't tend to know where to look for those.

However, I figured that we should be able to just pop out the furniture and enjoy ourselves, but that isn't happening. I don't think the rating of the lands we're on would have anything to do with it, but it could? I am still learning the ropes here so any advice on what to do in the future is grand. I also don't think the scripts would be broken, given that I've tried very hard to puzzle this out on my own for a few hours to the point of getting a frustration headache but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I presume you have bought or rented your own land for your home and furniture.  If you right click on the land and choose About Land, a box will pop up.  Then go to the options tab and check that run scripts is ticked for everyone

219a84b05acfb315f3d1a6781f75553d.png

More tips on managing your land can be found on the knowledgebase

The quickest way to find a sandbox is to open the Search function in your viewer (use the little magnifying glass icon on your task bar) and look for "sandbox".  You will find a very long list indeed. I suggest choosing one that is a bit down from the top so you don't end up in a crowded one.  

I appreciate all the answers! We had a private home picked out but none of the scripted furniture worked there. But I found us a rental house and, after a couple roadblocks, I managed to get it put up and it worked pretty much right away, so I have no idea of why it wouldn't work at our private residence. Either way, thank you all! Especially you, Cindy! And Rolig! This is good to know for future reference!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.