How to set up Windlight on your Bellisseria Parcel.

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Did you know you can set up a special Windlight setting on your Bellisseria parcel?  Yes you can, it is a Firestorm feature, I'm not sure about how the Second Life viewer works on this one.  

Find the instructions below.  Any questions, send me an IM or drop me a notecard.

- Pru

Short cut to set Windlight on your Bellisseria Parcel:

Here's a quick example to set your parcel to a windlight setting of your choice.  To use this, you must be on the Avatar that owns the Parcel!

1. Click on World > Parcel Details > About Land > General > Description box

2.  In the Parcel Description box, drop in this line at the very bottom, below your other information of your parcel:

EXAMPLE:
/*Sky@0-9999:"[TOR] SUNSET - Blue inspiration"RegionOverride*/

EXAMPLE 2:
/*Sky@0-9999:"TYPE WINDLIGHT NAME HERE EXACTLY AS SEEN"RegionOverride*/

1677043579_ParcelDetails.png.2807fb229300cc3c4b033e0755d8359e.png

3. In order for you and guests to see the windlight setting, you must set up your Preferences to see it.

4.  Go to Preferences > Firestorm > Windlight
Tick the 2 boxes that say:

✓  Automatically change environment to use region/parcel settings.

✓  Auto apply WL settings from any parcel.

1267126262_WindlightPreferencessettings.png.e0c910c02b0a95432b117149fbb0bc09.png

(PS: I have all the boxes checked, so if you have issues still, try checking off them all.)

Any problems, let me know.  - Pru

Edited by PrudenceAnton
highlight information
  • Thanks 8

Great tutorial!

The Beta EEP viewer makes it even easier. You can make and share your own windlights. They are assets in your inventory in a new system folder named "Settings." You right click on them and hit "set to parcel" and it's done (you have to be the owner of the parcel of course). It's fun to play with 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have windlight set up on two of my Victorians because I wanted to have a more direct sunset and both houses are aligned north and south. However, seems I am the ony one that can see it because I made custom windllights. I have the icon with the sun/cloud on my toolbar---so its correctly set.  If I choose one of the pre-set windlights in FS, everyone with the right allowances CAN see it though! :)

Below I have a picture of the natural sunset there  and my custom windlights Wish I could make my custom windlights able to be seen by all. So far have not figured that out, LOL

e613115af3177f19bd07ffe866d2fc7b.jpg

0d8180424646884dbdb05e45dd97418a.jpg

5b9d165314006c53ea7981749ccbb67e.jpg

e723faada15c6ecf62e3b1696e644ea2.jpg

• Like 10

On 10/3/2020 at 12:49 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

It doesn't.

You can use EEP in the SL viewer to set to individual parcels. I would imagine that the method used currently in the FS viewer will change once they have completely adopted EEP into their release viewer. You can read about how EEP works here. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Environmental_Enhancement_Project

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

You can use EEP in the SL viewer to set to individual parcels. I would imagine that the method used currently in the FS viewer will change once they have completely adopted EEP into their release viewer. You can read about how EEP works here. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Environmental_Enhancement_Project

Thanks for mentioning this, Blush. The choices show up on the "About Land" under Environment. There aren't as many windlight settings in the Library as Firestorm has. There certainly is enough to play with.

https://gyazo.com/860fd44fc4008727fccfbe8f928c131e

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Yes, but that's EEP. The topic is Firestorm's Parcel Windlight and how to set that up.

14 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Thanks for mentioning this, Blush. The choices show up on the "About Land" under Environment. There aren't as many windlight settings in the Library as Firestorm has. There certainly is enough to play with.

https://gyazo.com/860fd44fc4008727fccfbe8f928c131e

The nice thing about EEP is that you can drop in shared or purchased windlights. There's a bunch of them in the library already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here's a snap of the location in the library. You can see there are environments for days, skies, textures, and water. I've not really played with it, because I'm waiting to update FS once it's the release viewer and not a beta version. But I have seen the amazing results of skies using EEP when I occasionally log on using the SL viewer.

2411e55907de0d72f8325732ce1f6b1c.png

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 6

On 10/3/2020 at 1:11 AM, PrudenceAnton said:

Did you know you can set up a special Windlight setting on your Bellisseria parcel?  Yes you can, it is a Firestorm feature, I'm not sure about how the Second Life viewer works on this one.  

Find the instructions below.  Any questions, send me an IM or drop me a notecard.

- Pru

Not everybody uses Firestorm, even though it seems the vast majority, do. Pru invited the discussion to include the standard SL viewer (which I use).

7 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Yes, but that's EEP. The topic is Firestorm's Parcel Windlight and how to set that up.

• Like 4

Any helpful suggestions of how to use Windlight in Second Life, and share it with others visiting  your parcel, is welcome on this topic, of course.  Second Life residents use a wide variety of viewers, though the majority seem to use some version of Firestorm. I had information on the standard Firestorm viewer to share. I also have the Beta EEP viewer, though I don't use it often and welcome information on its Windlight settings that makes it so easy to share with others in Second Life. 

If anyone knows of other SL viewers and their own features of Windlight sharing, please add that information to this post as well.  😉

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.