hello

Kimo Katana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rolig's timer suggestion is best. Done right, such a script would allow you to keep extending the on time by touching the lamp before it goes out. A simpler and less elegant solution would be to use the oft maligned llSleep( ) function.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSleep

Put a 10 second sleep immediately after the line in your touch_start handler that turns the light on, then follow the sleep line with a line to turn the light off. Your script will not respond to touch (or do anything else) during that 10 second sleep, which is why we so often recommend against using llSleep( ).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

6 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Lmao with the OP edited @Rolig Loon's answer seems so out of the blue. "So you're new? Let me teach you about lamp timers!" xD

LOL.   Newcomers to the forums take a while to learn that we NEVER delete the text of an OP.  That just confuses everyone who comes along later.  :)

Edited by Rolig Loon
Cleaner wording
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

LOL.   Newcomers to the forums take a while to learn that we NEVER delete the text of an OP.  That just confuses everyone who comes along later.  :)

Reading just the word "Hello" has started to give me PTSD shakes from all the support IM's that say "Hello" or "Hi" without asking a question. I hate to be rude and not reply, but I hate it even more to have to do the pointless handshake before valid data is transferred.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:48 PM, Phate Shepherd said:

Reading just the word "Hello" has started to give me PTSD shakes from all the support IM's that say "Hello" or "Hi" without asking a question. I hate to be rude and not reply, but I hate it even more to have to do the pointless handshake before valid data is transferred.

Just wait until you hear about TCP communication! (If you don't get it, let's just call it UDP.)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.