Irritated on neighbor

TalentBoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Antonioo Giano said:

This is what this person did after the menace: https://gyazo.com/20326793313b0a5094ccf1a8d1e95da6

I reported again to LL, I hope they will take action after that.
this is unacceptable. If someone else want to report that write to me and i'll provide you the LM

It isn't going to matter really how many people report it.  AR get done one at a time and done by the date they come in.  Unfortuntely this sort of thing happens.  Maybe give the neighbours a few days to cool off and then maybe contact them and apologize and try to work it out. Maybe they were having a bad day.  You have nothing to lose at the end of the day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

It isn't going to matter really how many people report it.  AR get done one at a time and done by the date they come in.  Unfortuntely this sort of thing happens.  Maybe give the neighbours a few days to cool off and then maybe contact them and apologize and try to work it out. Maybe they were having a bad day.  You have nothing to lose at the end of the day.

Sorry, I really don't see for what I should apologize. I asked them politely (i have all the conversation) to move those trees in JULY and they didn't do it. Then I just let them leave it untill yesterday when she wrote me in a very bad, rude and arrogant way because the tree of the guy in my land was going in her side.
Then I asked again 4 times before returing and after I did that she wrote me even worst words... So really, I had all good intention to mitigate the situation but there is nothing i can do than report, for sure I can't apologize for anything or this people will think that if they act like this you put down your head and they win.. tomorrow they could do this to someone else too.

• Like 6

On 9/11/2020 at 8:46 PM, Antonioo Giano said:

I think LL should not allow a rez when something is falling in the neighbor land, this would prevent those situation. 

In my experience, most neighbors are happy to work with a kind of shared border where the parcels' landscaping overlaps the border and intermingles. That's especially true of Linden land, where Mole trees and other content very often crosses the border, and it's only realistic for the private parcel contents to overlap the border, too. 

It used to be easier to manipulate content with some links off the root parcel; that changed a few years ago, so it's now impossible to unlink part of a linkset that has any links on another parcel. It's a real pain.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Antonioo Giano said:

Sorry, I really don't see for what I should apologize. I asked them politely (i have all the conversation) to move those trees in JULY and they didn't do it. Then I just let them leave it untill yesterday when she wrote me in a very bad, rude and arrogant way because the tree of the guy in my land was going in her side.
Then I asked again 4 times before returing and after I did that she wrote me even worst words... So really, I had all good intention to mitigate the situation but there is nothing i can do than report, for sure I can't apologize for anything or this people will think that if they act like this you put down your head and they win.. tomorrow they could do this to someone else too.

I really do understand that.  It was only a suggestion to maybe help deescalate with what is going on.  By the sounds of it, it just seems to be getting worse.  Sometimes apologizing for something that isn't your fault just helps calm them down that is all and then they can be reasoned with.   I am sorry that you are having to deal with this.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Antonioo Giano said:

At this point, the best thing you can do is to AR and just leave it. Ignore the wall they put up and don't contact them again. Some people feed off reactions and attention. If you don't give them any, they'll find something else to do with their time.

If it helps, you or your tenant can put up a privacy screen with a scenery background or something.

Edited by AdminGirl
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

At this point, the best thing you can do is to AR and just leave it. Ignore the wall they put up and don't contact them again. Some people feed off reactions and attention. If you don't give them any, they'll find something else to do with their time.

If it helps, you or your tenant can put up a privacy screen with a scenery background or something.

For now i covered that "poop" with a panel and textures wich is pretty acceptable, but of course as I take always lands in mainland with a nice and original environment around is not the best solution. I just hope LL will take actions because that is an harrasment and they did also via IM. Im sure im not the problem because how politely I asked about the trees in July is a fact. So they would just do the same with anyone coming there or in other land where they are, so is not just my problem, can be a problem for anyone having this people around.

• Like 2

I can see your point Antonioo.

If some one ask polite to them to move things that hang over our parcels they should just move it.

And yes Qie that's true, but in my case we are on different levels and i don't have palms at my place,

i have other trees. His palm leafs was more or less cover my ground. That makes it hard to adjust grass or other stuff.

For now it is okay for me as it is. That his  mesh ground is point in to my land i don't care as it is under the ground 

and i cant see it and it not take any prims from me.

• Like 2

I had an experience like this as well.

A guy owned most of a region, divided up into various parcels, all for sale.  Looked very pristine.  As soon as I bought one of his properties, he started having his stuff overlap my land -- which was problematic for walking around or driving a snowmobile due to not making these things phantom.  He ALSO put "For Sale" rotating boxes over each property, low enough in the sky to be seen from my property, and jacked up all the prices on the land around me.  Communication with him didn't go well.  Got major mad about returning his objects, and kept putting them back.  I'm convinced he didn't understand how property boundaries work, that it's harassment to keep putting stuff overlapping my parcel, and how object return works -- he thought I had some magic hacker tool to do that.  Would not listen to me trying to explain any of these topics, used some rather choice words for a General rated region, and took the time to look up every member of my group so that he could banline all of us, not just me.  I AR'd the ad boxes, as they're against TOS, and mentioned the price-gouging and encroachment issues in the AR.

LL did nothing.  Oh well.  So I derendered all his junk.  Eventually I found some better land, and moved.

But the story doesn't end there.  About a month after moving, I clicked a slurl in that "When was the last time you saw a Linden home available" thread, landed in front of a real nice home, turned around to look at the other homes, and noticed the home across the street has built extra walls around the Linden Home, all the way across the Protected Land and right up to the border of their neighbors and into the street.  I decided to be nice and IM the person letting them know they shouldn't be doing that, but burst out laughing.  Guess who the owner was? 🤣  Yeah, I couldn't resist ARing him over that.  😏

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.