Irritated on neighbor

TalentBoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A bit irritated on my neighbor on mainland.

Asked him before to remove the tree's hanging over my parcel. He did for a while.

Then he restored them back. So i contacted his landlord and he fixed it so i was happy.

Now suddenly he have move all back! I'm not sure if he do that to get an reaction from me

or what it is.

Anyhow, i do not want to be rude and just sent all back as 30% is linked with house.

Any advise what to do? Send back? Go to landlord again?

They are phantom but makes problem for me when i want to grab my things and hit his.

• Like 1

All the explanation I need is "If the simulator lets me return it then it must be encroaching on my land."  Trees usually don't bother me, but, there is this one neighbor that flips them upside down after he rezzes them so I am the neighbor that returns them when I notice.  I usually send an IM after claiming my action and have never gotten a complaint or any reply at all.  Recently I accidentally returned a large portion of his cave when I was reaching for that inverted Linden Tree.  OOPS.  Now the place looks kinda bare.  Wish I hadn't done that, but, "If the simulator lets me return it then it must be encroaching on my land."

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes that is a good point.

I tryed to include a pic but link was not valid.

Three times is 2 to much but at the same time i like my parcel and want to stay (bought parcel, he rent his).

His house is  all in one , trees is child-prims to a prim in house and i will probably send  half house back if i try.

At the same time i do not want to be a pain and sent all back :(

• Like 1

If it encroaches on my land I return it.  If that does not work, like it is on a temp rezzer (you can tell if it returns after a short time), I AR it.  There is no need to discuss anything.  I pay good tier for my land and I respect land boundaries.  I do not think it is inappropriate to expect the same.  Now, there are times when something will intrude simply because the neighbor does not know how to read the boundary lines (sometimes the terrain makes them unclear) so I make it a point to put up low fencing to mark my land.  Good fences make good neighbors in SL as well in RL.

• Like 7

It doesn't do any good to blacklist temp rezz objects or objects that are being continually rezzed and derezzed because each rezzed instance is treated as a separate item by the blacklist.  This is because the blacklist works on UUID and not on name.  This is what makes this attack so insidious.

Besides this doesn't stop the encroachment.  If fact the person encroaching wants you to ignore their items rezzing over your land because they wish to keep doing it.  For me, there wasn't any other option.  Really there needs to be a lot more enforcement against this behaviour.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2

If it's Mainland i would suggest you talk about it with your neighbor , who knows maybe you will become friends and make the place look better, if that's not possible then you can use the return button and hope they won't build some pile of sh*t next to your parcel making the area look even worse.

(That is an option they do have due to No Covenant.)

If it's a Private estate contact the Region owner and the problem will be solved.

• Like 2

There are many good suggestions posted here @TalentBoy
Each situation is different and you will not be able to predict the reactions of the person doing this.
Some people hate confrontation and the idea of approaching their neighbour about a problem they have created is intimidating.
Some people think that is worth having a go.

Nobody can tell you how this will turn out.  Sometimes talking with the person helps and sometimes it just makes it worse.
Good luck to you, I hope you get it sorted out because I know it can really dampen your enjoyment of SL when it happens.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
corrections.
  • Like 4

On 8/25/2020 at 7:08 PM, TalentBoy said:

A bit irritated on my neighbor on mainland.

Asked him before to remove the tree's hanging over my parcel. He did for a while.

Then he restored them back. So i contacted his landlord and he fixed it so i was happy.

Now suddenly he have move all back! I'm not sure if he do that to get an reaction from me

or what it is.

Anyhow, i do not want to be rude and just sent all back as 30% is linked with house.

Any advise what to do? Send back? Go to landlord again?

They are phantom but makes problem for me when i want to grab my things and hit his.

It's not rude to send back trees encroaching on your land. It's normal. Especially if you have already asked nicely and he keeps pushing them on you. A few rounds of this, he will get the idea. If not, there is always an AR.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i did that the first time.

later i saw the tree again but the leafs was made invisible.

The problem was same for me. It doesn't matter if he made them invisible.

Second time i talk to his landlord and they gone now.

Obvious  the neighbor on my parcels long side is his friend so she put up ban lines now for me (roll eyes).

But that is easy to fix with set show ban lines off.

Do not know why some  try to use others land for them self. Small encroach will always be as the trees is build on

square pics, but when a half palm tree hang over it is to much.

The other neighbors is okay  ☺️

• Like 2

I had a similar issue today with a very weird and unpolite person.
I took this 2048 sqm land in july and i noticed that a full row of trees was going into the parcel i bought. I politely asked to the neighbor to move it a bit more on her land, she answered like i asked her to toss me some money.. but ok, she said she was going to do it later... but that later never arrived, because she never moved it. But to keep a "calm situation" I didn't ask again, as I noticed how bad she was from the first answer.
Today one of my renters that is still fixing the land putted a tree that was going on her land and she wrote me after months in a very rude way. The guy removed his tree even before i was informing him, he was just tryin some set up for the land.
But as she wrote me like this I asked her again to move those row of tree but she refused, I told her 3-4 times telling her that I was going to return.. but she said she wouldn't move it so... i return them all.
She then wrote to me calling me "as***e"" and other kind words, also her husband wrote to me and they tried to harras and doing kind of menace to me. I had to report both to LL.

She asked me how I returned her trees (putting in always bad words) she didn't even know (even if I explained her more than one time) that if something goes in your land you can return it.
I think LL should not allow a rez when something is falling in the neighbor land, this would prevent those situation. Now I'm waiting to see what will be follwed after their menace.
Based on my experience anyway, mainland or private sims, seems like in SL is always hard to find good people as nehighboor, don't know why. They all look that when you ask them something even in a polite way they get pissed off from that. But some people should understeand that if they want to do what they want they should then buy a full region, not a parcel.

Edited by Antonioo Giano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Why did you waste your time and nerves and bother communicating with that "lady", after she proved it herself that she is a jerk?

Because I always try. To me return is the last resource and I didn't even do it since july when she clearly didn't move her trees, but after how she wrote to me last day  was to much and I had to ask to move back hers.. Anyway her and the husband wrote me after trying to intimidate. Was a mix between funny and weird.. especially the husband, but let's see how it goes.

Edited by Antonioo Giano
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Antonioo Giano said:

from the image it seems to me that you too are indulging in games to mess up your neighbour, while presenting yourself here as some kind of tolerant soul.The yellow boundary tape on your parcel is completely unnecessary. I get that we can do whatever we want on our parcels, but yeah  

4 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

from the image it seems to me that you too are indulging in games to mess up your neighbour, while presenting yourself here as some kind of tolerant soul.The yellow boundary tape on your parcel is completely unnecessary. I get that we can do whatever we want on our parcels, but yeah  

The yellow tape is from the guy using the parcel because he is still fixing it, and as not everybody "knows how SL works" he can use it untill is in his parcel.
From this to go to harras people and send messages like that, there is an HUGE difference, but i guess you are one of those that would do the same just to ask you to move a bit your trees in your parcel. Have a good day! :)

Edited by Antonioo Giano
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Antonioo Giano said:

The yellow tape is from the guy using the parcel because he is still fixing it, and as not everybody "knows how SL works" he can use it untill is in his parcel.
From this to go to harras people and send messages like that, there is an HUGE difference, but i guess you are one of those that would do the same just to ask you to move a bit your trees in your parcel. Have a good day! :)

if my trees were to ever encroached on your property and you returned them then I would not care that you did this. If your trees encroached on my property and I returned your trees to you then I would not care that I did this. I would not care either to come on a public forum and moan about how unreasonable my neighbour is 

12 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

if my trees were to ever encroached on your property and you returned them then I would not care that you did this. If your trees encroached on my property and I returned your trees to you then I would not care that I did this. I would not care either to come on a public forum and moan about how unreasonable my neighbour is 

Maybe you didn't notice, but that was the topic of the post you opened. It is a discussion about "bad neighbour" :)

1 hour ago, Antonioo Giano said:

Maybe you didn't notice, but that was the topic of the post you opened. It is a discussion about "bad neighbour" :)

what i notice is that the OP came on here to ask for advice about what to do about an encroaching neighbour. And having been given advice, was then able to go on and work with their neighbour and the neighbour's landlord to reach an outcome which everybody involved is happy with

you on the other hand, have ended up in a war with your neighbour, and the person most suffering now from your part in all this is your tenant

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.