How do we identify RC channel regions?

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Jaylinbridges:I am surprised at your response to the release of 6.3.9 simply from the comments received.  Firstly not all those comments were negative (mine certainly isn't) especially if you consider how many downloads there has been of that version.  sure the Beta has bugs, they are EEP related bugs!  But when all's said and done, it is a BETA!!

My experience with FS 6.3.9 is entirely positive and I am delighted to be able to say that!

Edited by Aishagain

When I first installed 6.3.9 it was very unstable - it would crash every few days for no apparent reason (previous version didn't crash for me at all). I don't know whether it's SL server fixes or Windows updates, but i haven't had a crash for a few weeks now (hope I'm not tempting fate!). Still get those annoying disconnects, but frequency of those is about the same as previous version.

• 5 months later...

So, long story short, if I take a look at my sim's number, which is 555567 for Moraine, then if the notice here has a *different* number, or at least the first three digits are different, that means my sim in question is NOT on the RC channel, correct?

Also, would you say that Voice is working at its personal best on this particular channel?

I used to check all these channels, like others, although I didn't make land buying decisions based on them, but at least when I did know the channels, I knew why certain sims always seemed to be sicker than others, and when they were re-set, to ask for them again, or ask for greater attention, which may or may not help.

Now, it's concealed -- and BTW, it says "agni" which I thought it was *not* supposed to say if it was in the cloud. And that Fermilab cloud detector thing doesn't light up. But maybe they were all renamed agni even if in the cloud now? And the detector is obsolete?

I think we were told that all of Agni is now "in the cloud" when we were shown photographs of the emptied data center space that LL/SL was occupying.

I suppose this does indeed render the detector obsolete as it seems to only react when transitioning from data center to cloud and from cloud to data center.

As far as I know, which server update channel a region is in can be changed by LL very easily and that they do change them when testing a target problem fix on a region that has been exhibiting the target problem.  In many cases, telling people you are testing elicits bogus perceptions of change, so I understand server update channel not being plastered on the terrain texture as it once was.  That was kinda weird anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.