How do I advertise free stuff?

kolllya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

a while ago I shared a post on how I created an avatar of myself:

Now I would love to enable other people to get such avatars, for free.

I made a coupon and posted it to marketplace. The coupon explains how to get the avatar: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Free-Coupon-in3d-Real-Life-Avatar/20175650

How do I get people to discover this offer?

7 hours ago, kolllya said:

Hello everyone,

a while ago I shared a post on how I created an avatar of myself:

Now I would love to enable other people to get such avatars, for free.

I made a coupon and posted it to marketplace. The coupon explains how to get the avatar: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Free-Coupon-in3d-Real-Life-Avatar/20175650

How do I get people to discover this offer?

the same way people discover everything a merchant has for sale or free.  You advertise in SL groups, social media and the free stuff blogs.  Advertising on the forums is not allowed 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The listing may get removed.  You are providing a coupon related to a real world product -  the iPhone app.  That is classified as a 'non-item listing' and not allowed.

That'll teach me.  I didn't click the mp link because I thought they were selling a free avatar 

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The listing may get removed.  You are providing a coupon related to a real world product -  the iPhone app.  That is classified as a 'non-item listing' and not allowed.

Already is!

The item has been blocked due to Non-Item Listing - Real-World Goods or Service

However, to quote the policy

We expressly prohibit the listing or sale of any and all goods or services designed or intended to be delivered in the real world, for example, delivered in person or mailed or shipped to a physical address, or digital content designed or intended for use exclusively outside of Second Life.

This service is intended for Second Life, because we make the avatar with an IPhone app and then upload it to Second Life.

Can I appeal this in any way?

You can try - submit a Support Ticket with detailed information about the item.  Too me though, it still appears to be a non-item listing.  The person is not getting something directly in SL from the purchase and they have to go use an iphone app to use the coupon.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can try - submit a Support Ticket with detailed information about the item.  Too me though, it still appears to be a non-item listing.  The person is not getting something directly in SL from the purchase and they have to go use an iphone app to use the coupon.

Yeah... we can't make an avatar of them otherwise...

If you still want to know ways to advertise it:

You could try making a post on the many freebie facebook or flickr groups. Some of them have thousands of members.

You could try giving it out as a Stay At Home Club gift. They'll make a facebook post about it and put it on their website. A lot of people follow them to get gifts.

Or you could try getting in touch with someone who runs a freebie blog.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kolllya said:

Already is!

However, to quote the policy

This service is intended for Second Life, because we make the avatar with an IPhone app and then upload it to Second Life.

Can I appeal this in any way?

or intended to be delivered in the real world...that's the part that got it removed.  The coupon is for an app?  Delivered to RL phone?  It's the ORs that get ya.  All separate things not this AND that.  

Edited by RowanMinx

7 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

or intended to be delivered in the real world...that's the part that got it removed.  The coupon is for an app?  Delivered to RL phone?  It's the ORs that get ya.  All separate things not this AND that.  

To be exact, it was an SL Notecard delivered to SL inventory.

The notecard prompted the user to create a 3d body scan with the app. Then the scan was supposed to be sent to me for rigging and uploading to Second Life (we don't have this part automated since this is a beta test).

We could deliver the avatar directly to SL inventory, but I don't see how we can remove the app from this chain, because it is essential for 3d body scan acquisition.

6 minutes ago, kolllya said:

To be exact, it was an SL Notecard delivered to SL inventory.

The notecard prompted the user to create a 3d body scan with the app. Then the scan was supposed to be sent to me for rigging and uploading to Second Life (we don't have this part automated since this is a beta test).

We could deliver the avatar directly to SL inventory, but I don't see how we can remove the app from this chain, because it is essential for 3d body scan acquisition.

But you were providing the link to the app in RL.  So what they were actually receiving was that link and nothing else.  Nothing tangible (as tangible as anything can be in SL but you get the point) aside from the actual notecard.  This might be where you'll get hung up.  Perhaps just having the information in your profile with the link and for them to inquire directly to you and skip the MP.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.