Account Hacks.

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a credit card initially on file in my account. I removed it. If someone hack my account, could they still see remnants of that? And what else could they see that could be traced back to RL? My email is purely as Pearl.

4 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Don' t believe them, Pearl.

PEBCAK hacked your account and got your creditcard number.

I' ll reveal it to you if you send all of your money to me first as soon as possible : TDD123@bitcoin.com 

Spoiler :  Sikes ! 😁

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

they hacked the servers and found your old cc information stored in a file somewhere.. :P

Lmao, good luck getting much out of the one used!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Thanks Lindal!!! I know all about phishing tom RL., and haven't fallen for it. Can account debiting be reversed in SL???

If you fall for an account debiting scam, 1) get the object back into your inventory as quick as you can.  As long as it is in world, it can continue to take money from you.  2) Submit an Abuse Report to LL, and also call the Fraud Hotline, 800-860-6990.  If reported promptly, it's possible that LL can recover your stolen $L.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If you fall for an account debiting scam, 1) get the object back into your inventory as quick as you can.  As long as it is in world, it can continue to take money from you.  2) Submit an Abuse Report to LL, and also call the Fraud Hotline, 800-860-6990.  If reported promptly, it's possible that LL can recover your stolen $L.

turn of rlv.. remove pay piggy/findom device. play dumb and contact ll and hope they believe it.

like dont fall for the bailrlv device that is out there.. or other rlv anti-cheat devices that require you to pay to prove your faithfulness. there are some really nasty rlv devices that findoms can use to drain your lindens if your not careful and understand how they work.

beware of the doll key/robot device that makes you pay to recharge it or be rlv restricted.. be aware of the rlv findom dice game that is set to make the dom win most of the time so the pay piggy is constantly drained. there is a cage once in it wont let you out until you pay the price set on the cage which can be any number.. even a million lindens

oh lets not forget the rlv piggy punishment system that exists that makes you pay to do just about anything.. talk.. tp.. walk..group chat.. or just takes lindens at set intervals.

so yeah lots of tricky dicky little items out there that you have to be aware of and pay attention to those permission request dialogs.

at one point rlv could even auto accept some permissions but that was later removed I believe because of possible abuse of the feature.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

No no no!  The account debiting scam is a completely different thing from any RLV prop.

Any RLV thing can be ditched by simple disabling RLV in your preferences, then logging off and back on again.

The account debiting scam works like this:  Someone gives you an object.  Maybe it seems to be a Catwa head, maybe it's a dance HUD, maybe it's a "make $L with this soda vending machine" object.  When you rez it or wear it, you see this:

debit2.jpg.d98e10298b8290f3120b9d4e00714617.jpg

If you click "Allow access" the object may then take all the money it wants from your $L account.  It will continue to have that access as long as it exists in world.

The tricky part about this is that giving this permission is not always bad.  It's needed by some things like vendor systems, rental boxes, and a lot of tip jars, so that they can offer refunds or share income with another party.  Just be sure you know that whatever is asking for this is from someone you trust.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I haven't fallen for any scams, fortunately. And don't plan to. I wanted to know where kinky play ends, and true theft begins.

that is determined by the individual and their limits and what they decide is acceptable behavior or not.

what someone may call theft or abuse. another may call justful tributing to their dominant.

so really it depends upon you and your values Pearl and what you feel is fair or not.

9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No no no!  The account debiting scam is a completely different thing from any RLV prop.

Any RLV thing can be ditched by simple disabling RLV in your preferences, then logging off and back on again.

The account debiting scam works like this:  Someone gives you an object.  Maybe it seems to be a Catwa head, maybe it's a dance HUD, maybe it's a "make $L with this soda vending machine" object.  When you rez it or wear it, you see this:

debit2.jpg.d98e10298b8290f3120b9d4e00714617.jpg

If you click "Allow access" the object may then take all the money it wants from your $L account.  It will continue to have that access as long as it exists in world.

The tricky part about this is that giving this permission is not always bad.  It's needed by some things like vendor systems, rental boxes, and a lot of tip jars, so that they can offer refunds or share income with another party.  Just be sure you know that whatever is asking for this is from someone you trust.

you can revoke access and permissions to a lot of objects even if they remain in world. its not permanent in all cases.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, Bagnu said:

I had a credit card initially on file in my account. I removed it. If someone hack my account, could they still see remnants of that? And what else could they see that could be traced back to RL? My email is purely as Pearl.

Most people you can trace via sl or any other web service its down to their own stupidity. They leave an electronic trail. There sl profile gives you a little info, their flickr profile gives you a little more and now you can pinpoint their deviant art profile, their fb profile, steam profile etc..... soon you have enough info to say hey "Your name" this is your "family names", these are their "Phone numbers" this is "Where you work", this is "where you live".

Don't link profiles, use a completely different user name for each service and it makes life a lot harder

• Thanks 1

We should all know this information if we play kinky. A collar is fine. They can be removed. If necessary. Account debiting is a totally different issue.

9 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

We should all know this information if we play kinky. A collar is fine. They can be removed. If necessary. Account debiting is a totally different issue.

well.. not all can be removed.. not without first cheating and logging out of rlv. there are some collars that once put on lock on perm and there is no unlock or runaway function on them. thus the only way to get free is to turn off rlv.. aka cheat.

and if your silly enough to use a full time rlv client.. well then you cant do that.. until you download and install a second client and log in with that one instead.

50 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Having participated in many forms of play, I'd have to know someone extremely well before I'd even consider allowing account debiting.  Truth is, I don't know anyone who has or would.  Sounds more like a ploy to dupe the newer people. "Yes, it's what we all do." And we don't.

14 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

well.. not all can be removed.. not without first cheating and logging out of rlv. there are some collars that once put on lock on perm and there is no unlock or runaway function on them. thus the only way to get free is to turn off rlv.. aka cheat.

and if your silly enough to use a full time rlv client.. well then you cant do that.. until you download and install a second client and log in with that one instead.

I meant by disabling RLV. Mine can't be removed otherwise.  There are full rlv viewers?  I wouldn't want one.

13 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Having participated in many forms of play, I'd have to know someone extremely well before I'd even consider allowing account debiting.  Truth is, I don't know anyone who has or would.  Sounds more like a ploy to dupe the newer people. "Yes, it's what we all do." And we don't.

I wouldn't allow account debiting even if I knew them well. To me, that's just theft..Unless of course it's from an alt lol!!!

7 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I meant by disabling RLV. Mine can't be removed otherwise.  There are full rlv viewers?  I wouldn't want one.

Yeah, there is two viewers that you can't disable rlv in them. Meaning you would need a second viewer installed.. these viewers are used in the so called 'perm/inescapable rlv' scams.

20 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

It's used in findom dynamics and there are a lot of people here in sl that do allow it.. there are many items on the mp based around it.. even games of chance. Even items that punish for doing something or not.. used in pet play and behavior modification and training.

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

It's used in findom dynamics and there are a lot of people here in sl that do allow it.. there are many items on the mp based around it.. even games of chance. Even items that punish for doing something or not.. used in pet play and behavior modification and training.

Yes I do know that and I said I personally don't know anyone who would even consider it.  It's a very small niche in a vast field of kink. I'm also sure people DO use it to dupe the unaware.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.