The direction the avatar is facing!

Axel Naxos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As luck would have it, a friend and I have been working on a related problem. Teleporters that use the LSL functions llTeleportAgent or llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords should be able to control the direction that you face when you reach your destination.  They usually do, if you script them carefully, but not always.  And of course, those functions only work if they are used in scripts that are set to an Experience, which means that they have some very nice niche uses but aren't necessarily things you can just drop into the average region in world.  The bottom line is that it is possible to create scripted teleporters that will face you in a predictable direction.  Most teleporters you'll run across can't.

That's fine if you are the one who owns a teleporter, but it doesn't do anything to help you personally if you are teleporting yourself with your viewer, or if you use a teleporter that isn't scripted to point you in a particular direction.  In that case, it's hard to predict and probably impossible to control which way you will face.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course

If you have a viewer with RLV you can use that to set a specific rotation for your avatar. The RLV command is @setrot:<angle_in_radians>=force.

You'd probably want to put it in a changed event, perhaps in a dedicated script or just slip it into some other script that you're always carrying and which you can modify.

{
    changed (integer changes)
    {
        if (changes & CHANGED_TELEPORT && changes & CHANGED_REGION) llOwnerSay ("@setrot:0=force");
    }
}

This will point you north whenever you TP into a new region. Change the 0 in the setrot command to the actual direction you want (remembering the value is in radians). Add an extra test, && llGetRegionName () == "My Region", to the if statement if you only want it to work in a specific region.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

If you have a viewer with RLV you can use that to set a specific rotation for your avatar. The RLV command is @setrot:<angle_in_radians>=force.

You'd probably want to put it in a changed event, perhaps in a dedicated script or just slip it into some other script that you're always carrying and which you can modify.

{
    changed (integer changes)
    {
        if (changes & CHANGED_TELEPORT && changes & CHANGED_REGION) llOwnerSay ("@setrot:0=force");
    }
}

This will point you north whenever you TP into a new region. Change the 0 in the setrot command to the actual direction you want (remembering the value is in radians). Add an extra test, && llGetRegionName () == "My Region", to the if statement if you only want it to work in a specific region.

that could be handy if you always wanted to face the door of your house when tp back home if you set your landmark to outside the door.

now toward the op's question.. are you tping via a landmark you own or one that is posted by someone in group or im?

I have noticed that if its one I created and have in my landmarks folder it usually tp me the same direction I was in when I created the lm myself. if facing south i arrive south each time. if its one I was give, I arrive in what ever direction they were when they created it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.