VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering as above is it possible to move a prim/link-set  out of its Region to another by way of a script I found this but think it only goes to a position in the same region:
 _llTelePort( vector destpos) 
{  
    // Compute the number of jumps necessary 
    integer jumps = (integer)(llVecDist(destpos, llGetPos()) / 10.0) + 1; 
    list rules = [ PRIM_POSITION, destpos ];  //The start for the rules list 
    integer count = 1; 
    while ( ( count = count << 1 ) < jumps) 
        rules = (rules=[]) + rules + rules;   //should tighten memory use. 
    llSetPrimitiveParams( rules + llList2List( rules, (count - jumps) << 1, count) ); 

Edited by VirtualKitten
i forgot something

That is so so so tempting - I'm sure I had the circus human cannonball gun once but I just looked and if it's in my inventory it's under another name.

This thread is a jumper from another, where the question has already been answered. See the tail end of "Global teleport coordinates"

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 1

Go to a region which has an adjacent region up-X, both regions must allow scripts to run and object entry

Rez a cube

Drop this in

// test popping in and out of a region

key owner;

integer moves;
list destinations = [];

integer maxDests;

{
    state_entry()
    {
        owner = llGetOwner();
        vector whereNext = llGetPos();
        destinations = [whereNext];
        whereNext.x = 260.0;    // over the border
        destinations += [whereNext];
        whereNext.x = -6.0;     // over the border tother way
        destinations += [whereNext];
        moves = 0;
        maxDests = llGetListLength(destinations);
    }

// use touch_end here because touch_start usually misses the first touch when the rergion has changes, i.e. you have to touch it twice to make it work

touch_end(integer taps)
    {
        moves += 1;
        if( moves >= maxDests) moves = 0;
        vector whereTo = llList2Vector(destinations, moves);
        llOwnerSay("Going to " + (string) whereTo);
        llSetRegionPos(whereTo);
    }
}

Sit on it.

Touch it.

repeat until bored or your missing attachments have finally got tired of going off on their own and follow you across the edges

LOl Prof yes this is good thanks but i think global vector cords are given from llRequestSimulatoData(SURl, DATASIM_POS) in dataserver can I  do some multiplication on this to work out moves to get me in region from my own global position   and move me in same way I understand what you doing at boundary but it may not be adjoining the region

My suggestion is that you have one or two friends or alts and do the Noah's Ark trick. In each region, send a friend or an alt to try and zip into the adjacent region that is in your direction of travel. If they then zip back to you you know that region both allows object scripts and object_entry and you can jump into it. If they don't come back try detouring one way or the other. And so on. If you run out of friends or alts before reaching your destination then it might be worth looking at some of the more normal ways of getting around in SecondLife.

5 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

My suggestion is that you have one or two friends or alts and do the Noah's Ark trick. In each region, send a friend or an alt to try and zip into the adjacent region that is in your direction of travel. If they then zip back to you you know that region both allows object scripts and object_entry and you can jump into it. If they don't come back try detouring one way or the other. And so on. If you run out of friends or alts before reaching your destination then it might be worth looking at some of the more normal ways of getting around in SecondLife.

Nods I am just trying to work out how the Global Grid works in real terms and how to navigate to it by prim  so that i can get anywhere on a prim not using tp. I presume there must be some info out their, like the region version i gave you:) as you can  triangulate with llVecDist( Can you do this with Global grid?

Re Global Grid, I have no idea, I tend to just pop from LM to LM, not travel by vehicle. Read some of the posts in this forum about sim-crossings and vehicles to get an idea of what is involved, also large-scale mapping of Mainland has been discussed in several forums.

Not every destination will allow entry by prim, by the way, and I don't think it is possible to determine this from the outside.

14 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

e Global Grid, I have no idea, I tend to just pop from LM to LM, not travel by vehicle. Read some of the posts in this forum about sim-crossings and vehicles to get an idea of what is involved, also large-scale mapping of Mainland has been discussed in several forums.

Not every destination will allow entry by prim, by the way, and I don't think it is possible to determine this from the outside.

Someone told me there was holes between regions of unknown size. I said there must be a mathematical calculation to navigate to the one you want otherwise LL could not do it:)

3 minutes ago, VirtualKitten said:

Someone told me there was holes between regions of unknown size.

Don't believe everything people tell you. Especially if it's me saying it.

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

specially the ones surrounded by void

I'm going to have to make it plain to everybody that if I have my hat on, I'm tongue in cheek. If I'm bare-headed, I'm either being serious or I've just arrived by TP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Then how is LSL calculating the maths :0 It has to be possible other with their routines could not do it:)

I dont understand this bit:

Q: How do I convert the landmark positions (retrieved using llRequestInventoryData) to global coordinates?
A: Add the dataserver's return value to llGetRegionCorner before moving; the coordinate is relative to the simulator where you made the dataserver request.

Now to complicate things. Say you want to move a prim from one sim into another sim that is diagonal from it. An example situation would be calling llSetPos(<257,257,50>); from <254,254,50>. Your prim will first transfer into the sim on the x axis of the move and then into the sim on the y axis. If there is no sim on the x axis your prim will go offworld. So if you move a prim from Tan to Kissling it will go off world. But if you move a prim from Kissling to Tan it won't. -BW

from https://lslwiki.digiworldz.com/lslwiki/wakka.php?wakka=BlindWanderer

Edited by VirtualKitten

Keyframe animation will work across region boundaries. So will llGetStaticPath. My NPCs can plan paths and cross region boundaries. But they can't see across them - llCastRay doesn't cross regions. So there's a problem with obstacles just past a region crossing.

My experience with this is that it works more than 98% of the time. The usual region crossing problems apply. So I don't use that feature much.

Incidentally, don't mix keyframe animation and "SetPos" functions. They're not interlocked. It can take several seconds before keyframe animation lets go of control and it's safe to do llSetPos functions. Or the reverse.

hi animats ,  thanks for your message , I think there is differences between mainland or Linden owned land and other sims. I have notice when I try to use the script above setGlobalPos(vector globalDest) { , on wiki then my prim bangs up against the up most corner of the prim going no further.  I Knocked but no one let me in :). Now there is a region border on the other side of sim which I have not tried that is known to me so can I get corner add sim size  the SURL local vectors. All this is good but it not addrees how the teleport are going further to another region. How is LSL doing this please?

@BlindWanderer   I saw your posts can you help please?

Edited by VirtualKitten

I am currently on the trail of the troll The Blind Wanderer I found another helpful clue left by him or her on wiki :)

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Map_API_Reference

this API can be used like  gkQID = llHTTPRequest("https://cap.secondlife.com/cap/0/b713fe80-283b-4585-af4d-a3b7d9a32492?var=name&grid_x=" + (string)((integer)grid.x) + "&grid_y=" + (string)((integer)grid.y) , [], "");
However i am not sure how all this interrelates yet please let me know if you find "DaBoom" and LSl or The @BlindWanderer anywhere  as I am sure they have the answered  way:)        

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.