Want to buy land but owner is suspended

Kris Messmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My group has been slowly growing in a sim over the last few years and we want to buy a plot from someone but we've come to the conclusion that his account has been suspended because he doesn't show up in search and he is not shown in any of his groups, even the one he started. Is there anything we can do to get LL to put this land up for sale?

EDIT: Actually it appears there a few parcels like thtis in the sim. It appears as if the owners have not been logged in 2+ years.

Hello, nice lastname :smileywink:

He can hide from search and even so from groups, not all groups show members ...

I guess this is a mainland plot, then if he is suspened so unable to pay the tier the plot will be for sale one day. I doubt Linden will reply to you about the avatar status but you can try sending a mail or open a ticket.

sorry not much of a help but i couldn´t resist to reply to "family" :smileyvery-happy:

Hmm. . .forum being one of those things that's changed--I can't figure out how to edit my own message.  Small plots of land, (under 512sqm) were sold to residents who surrounded the plot on at least 3 sides for 1L$/sqm.  (2 sides if there were extenuating circumstances, such as sim borders or linden owned land bordering, or a neighbor who was willing to state they had no interest in the land.  Larger plots would go up for auction, and then--well, it could be anyone's race.

Kris Messmer wrote:

My group has been slowly growing in a sim over the last few years and we want to buy a plot from someone but we've come to the conclusion that his account has been suspended because he doesn't show up in search and he is not shown in any of his groups, even the one he started. Is there anything we can do to get LL to put this land up for sale?

EDIT: Actually it appears there a few parcels like thtis in the sim. It appears as if the owners have not been logged in 2+ years.

It sounds like there is a good chance the owner of the plot you wish to buy is gone from SL.  It never hurts to ask LL on a support ticket if there is a possibility for you to buy this land, and they can confirm whether the account is still active or not.

Avs drop out of the All search after a surprisingly short length of time without logging in - very few weeks.

I had a similar situation not too long ago. A 512 just sat there doing nothing. I IMed and NCed the owner a couple of times, asking if he wanted to sell it, with a few month between each time. I received no reply at all and I thought he may have gone from SL. My land completetly surrounded the 512, so I submitted a ticket to ask if I can buy it IF the owner is gone from SL. It turned out that the owner's account was still active so I couldn't get it, of course.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.