Eyebrows disappeared off Genus head after getting new skin

DaphneF4L

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having trouble getting on eyebrows that I had custom made for me back on after getting a new skin from Pepe !  How do I get them back on?  I have been it for 2 days and I am so frustrated. Please help! Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Help will be along soon. Is this skin applier or BoM?

Are the eyebrows applier or BoM?

It makes a difference.

I’m honestly not sure I just know it comes up in my inventory as hair and it’s wear able, but can’t be detached. Still learning after being in sl for years goodness lol

If the brows are showing as "hair" and it's non-detachable, that means it's your system hairbase. And yes, these are intentionally non-detachable. To take it off you must wear a different one. These days the system hairbase really only functions as a shaper for your brows. I presume that this came in the package with your new brows, because usually you need a shaper specifically made for the brows. Also in the package (assuming that the person who made the brows for you didn't completely misunderstand what you wanted), there will be something else; either a "tattoo" type object, if it's been made for BOM, or an orange box, if it's been made as an applier for your head. 

If you don't know whether your head is BOM or not,  it's almost certain you do not have BOM;  it's off by default on Genus and you would have noticed (and probably asked for help here) if you had turned it on by accident. I suspect this is the case because you say are wearing a Pepe skin and to my knowledge, Pepe does not do BOM skins yet. So you will need the applier (orange box) from the "custom brows" package. Wear it and it will attach as a HUD. Click it (there may be different colour options, click the colour you want). 

If there is no orange box, contact the person who made the custom brows for you and ask if there is supposed to be an applier. If there is a tattoo only, they have made it for BOM only. And if there is neither,  then the "hair" thing, the eyebrow-shaper,  is what they thought you wanted.

If you are still unsure,  we need to know EXACTLY what head you have, we need to know EXACTLY everything you are wearing, including the skin and what alphas, if any, you have on, and we need to know EXACTLY what is included in the package of brows,. We  also need to see what the inventory icons look like in all these cases, so screenshots of your "Worn items" and also a screenshot of the new eyebrow package in your inventory will be necessary.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

Honestly sounds like a brow base and not an actual set of brows. Depending on how old the Pepe skin is, those skins often don’t come with brows built in. If you have one of her newer skins and are BOM enabled, there is usually more than one face skin tattoo layers. One of them will have brows and the other one will have none for people who like to wear separate third party brows. Now if you have a pair of bom tattoo brows it is possible that they could be hiding under the face tattoo layer. Right click yourself, edit your outfit. A window should appear with a list of things you are wearing. You can change the order of how the tattoo layers appear without attaching/detaching - a pair of arrows on the right hand side of a selected tattoo layer . Moving the layer up would effectively put it on top and make it visible again. Often creators will name their brow base “ brows”which only controls the shape but is not your actual brows. If you can share a screenshot of your worn folder, it will be easier to help.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

If the brows are showing as "hair" and it's non-detachable, that means it's your system hairbase. And yes, these are intentionally non-detachable. To take it off you must wear a different one. These days the system hairbase really only functions as a shaper for your brows. I presume that this came in the package with your new brows, because usually you need a shaper specifically made for the brows. Also in the package (assuming that the person who made the brows for you didn't completely misunderstand what you wanted), there will be something else; either a "tattoo" type object, if it's been made for BOM, or an orange box, if it's been made as an applier for your head. 

If you don't know whether your head is BOM or not,  it's almost certain you do not have BOM;  it's off by default on Genus and you would have noticed (and probably asked for help here) if you had turned it on by accident. I suspect this is the case because you say are wearing a Pepe skin and to my knowledge, Pepe does not do BOM skins yet. So you will need the applier (orange box) from the "custom brows" package. Wear it and it will attach as a HUD. Click it (there may be different colour options, click the colour you want). 

If there is no orange box, contact the person who made the custom brows for you and ask if there is supposed to be an applier. If there is a tattoo only, they have made it for BOM only. And if there is neither,  then the "hair" thing, the eyebrow-shaper,  is what they thought you wanted.

If you are still unsure,  we need to know EXACTLY what head you have, we need to know EXACTLY everything you are wearing, including the skin and what alphas, if any, you have on, and we need to know EXACTLY what is included in the package of brows,. We  also need to see what the inventory icons look like in all these cases, so screenshots of your "Worn items" and also a screenshot of the new eyebrow package in your inventory will be necessary.

I'm so impressed by this Matti, because it just highlights more of my unknown unknowns............................😝

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I'm so impressed by this Matti, because it just highlights more of my unknown unknowns............................😝

Thank you :) 

BOM is actually really easy, especially now that setting it up is, on most heads and bodies, just a matter of clicking a button on the hud. If you've been around in SL for a while and still remember pre-mesh days, then it's really going back to exactly that, just better-looking.

It seems to me that the part where people get confused is not being able to understand the difference between a system/BOM product and an applier product, and not knowing which one they need to buy. And most of that confusion can usually be resolved by carefully reading the product description. In many cases (except for skins) it doesn't even matter because most bodies and heads can still use both at the same time. You can have a BOM skin and still use applier eyebrows on top, for example, even if you've set your head to BOM. (Some bodies and heads, like Slink Redux and Lelutka Evolution, are BOM-only though - they can't use appliers at all).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To correct something I was wrongly preaching for awhile, Evolution heads definitely can use older applier skins made for Lelutka (but I'd use caution with buying them because while they technically can be used they are not made for them - might look weird in certain areas)  , but the older applier makeups do not work because they have those areas only for hd appliers now. I got a lot of thoughts on why BOM is difficult, but I will try not to derail this thread so we can help Daphne get her brows in order.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Okay It seems I got my eyebrows back when I put on my old pepe skin, but I can't put it on the new skin. I see this little reddish/pink in the box with the Pepe skin that say BOM. I attatched an image with it. If that helps.

Eyebrow disappear thread sl.png

So what you have attached is the with "Pepe Skins-Omega-Poppi brows" is the brow shaper that came included with your skin applier and the shape made by the skin designer . If your skin applier does not come with brows already on the skin, the only way you would be able to wear them with an applier skin is to use a 3rd party brow either from the Genus Hud or another designer  which will take up your tattoo layer on your Genus head.

I see brows in your picture! Are these brows not the ones you want to have on? 

6 hours ago, DaphneF4L said:

Okay It seems I got my eyebrows back when I put on my old pepe skin, but I can't put it on the new skin. I see this little reddish/pink in the box with the Pepe skin that say BOM. I attatched an image with it. If that helps.

Eyebrow disappear thread sl.png

I can see eyebrows here. Is this the old skin? If so, what does the new one (including the inventory) look like?

If you get your skin onto your body by clicking that hud on your screen, then you are not BOM so the "pink squiggly thing" will not work for you.

6 hours ago, DaphneF4L said:

Is it possible to make eyebrows attach to a certain skin?

Yes, you can buy separate ones, either as tattoo-layer "squiggles" for BOM, or as orange boxes for appliers. It looks like you need the applier ones, they must be specially made for Genus.

But if that picture is your new skin then it has eyebrows on it already so you can't add any more (it will show both).

So for the image above I had those are the eyebrows that come with the skin, but not the eyebrows I originally had. I meant to show this one. I connected the person who did a custom for me and she said she attached them to that specific skin I got at the time. Is there a way to attach them to another skin. I prefer not to use the Genus HUD preset eyebrows and hairbases. I am trying the best I can to explain things and remember them because I have been trying to do this for almost a week and its frustrating, but I have the patience to get help. Just wish this was easier, but I am really willing to learn to help in the future and really continue to explore the depths of Secondlife.

Here is the picture below of the new skin I want and when I put it on my eyebrows go POOF lol gone. I as I mentioned that the creator made them for the old skin I had so I guess it is attached to the skin. How this so? and Is there a fix for it. I appreciate everyone response and help you have no idea lol 

In the photo I had my mouse hover over the eyebrow that I put on, but are not there clearly. lol 

right skin no eyebrows.png

Edited by DaphneF4L

Oh I see now! This is the skin Pepe did for Epiphany and you happen to have a version that does not come with brows built in. I think the brows on your other skin are painted onto that particular skin so you will need to use different brows unfortunately. Genus has two that are built into their hud. A store like Simple Bloom might have something similar to your old brows.

Right. The "eyebrows" your friend made for you before are not actually eyebrows at all. They are an eyebrow-shaper. You also need, from somewhere else, the TEXTURE of eyebrows, which were previously painted-on to your old skin but are not included in your new skin. The eyebrow shaper you have on will affect the height and shape of whatever actual eyebrows you're wearing. Which at the moment is none, so it has no effect.

Since you are not using BOM, you will need to do one of the following:

* Use the Eyebrows button on your Genus hud to apply the default eyebrows.

* Purchase separate eyebrows - make sure they are GENUS APPLIER brows; ones made for Catwa or Lelutka, or system layer/BOM/Classic avatars will not work.

Your original ones were quite full so if you want a similar look you need to look for brows that look like that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.